Cristobal

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

1,079 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Every time I put money aside for another tattoo these days, my kids need new clothes or braces or something. I laugh when homeless dudes are covered in tattoos (and good ones, not shitty homemade and/or prison tats), and asking me for money. Priorities, fella.

Indeed. While I'll drop $100 (or more) on a book that I want without hesitation, our monthly tab on cat food and litter runs to around $200 (the cats eat better than we do). Most months I can keep the book expenditures down around $300, and most months what I sell on eBay balances that out. Yeah, I could afford some tats, but at my age, what's the point? I don't really go much of anywhere and the wife is apparently happy with the view as it is. More money for books!

Getting a tattoo has not once entered my mind.  I'm not against them, mind you.  If someone wants one and it's well-designed, I can fully appreciate it.  But it's one of those things some say should be a bucket list item for everyone, but no.  I don't subscribe to that. And I've seen too many bad ones to think they're some grand expression.  Some certainly are.  But for every masterpiece, there are 100 continuing education projects that would be given to the nearest thrift store if the person didn't have to cut a swath of skin to do so.

I don't see myself getting a tattoo.  I've thought of getting some cool shit based off of either wrestling or music, but there's the worry I'll have buyer's remorse in the future.  My wife's more likely to get one and she's going the super meaningful route (a design in tribute to her late father)  Finding the time and money to do it have been reasons why she hasn't gone through with it yet but the plan's definitely there.

Football is starting soon. Should I change over to the Tom Brady avatar I use on some other places? <_<