Cristobal

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

983 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Craig H said:

be something she could avoid. Except she really didn't see it. Unlike EVERY other place that paints those concrete posts bright yellow, this was painted a dark brownish green, which is the same color as the building.

You may want to lawyer up and get Starbuck's to pay for repairs.  I'm assuming the color of those posts is mandated by law.

18 hours ago, Craig H said:

Our 2012 Chevy Volt that we just bought in December and was in pristine condition is now kinda messed up. Even though my gf was driving, I want to blame Starbucks.

She never goes to Starbucks, but she wanted coffee before work so she thought she'd go through the drive thru. The drive thru is weird because the shop is in the middle of a parking lot. So you place your order on one side of the building, and then because it's so tight, you make a nearly 90 degree turn around to the next side of the building and then one more 90 degree turn after that to the other side of the building where the window is. So my gf makes her turn to the next side of the building and hits one of those concrete posts that are usually installed next to buildings with drive thrus so you don't hit the building.

Normally, that would be something she could avoid. Except she really didn't see it. Unlike EVERY other place that paints those concrete posts bright yellow, this was painted a dark brownish green, which is the same color as the building.

So now the alignment is all fucked up, the front driver side corner panel has a good dent in it, and the bumper on the driver side is all scraped up.

The other kicker is that the manager told my gf that Starbucks needs to do an incident report and this happens more often than my gf would think. The manager also mentioned that Starbucks will sometimes cover the damages.

Now, if this happens often enough for it to occur more than ONCE, maybe, oh, I don't know, paint the post yellow like anyone else so the damn thing sticks out and doesn't blend in with the building.

I'm shocked honestly that the manager would say that, this is like Management 101 of what not to say. They must really be tired of people hitting it or the manager was having a really honest moment, as if you got a lawyer then that statement would pretty much seal Starbuck's fate of paying for the repairs.

It's not like my girlfriend recorded the conversation though, so they could just say they didn't say that. I have no reason to believe my girlfriend lied, but it would be their word against hers.

I'll say this. Steve Harvey does his job extremely well and he's a great host of things. However, when watching and listening closely, you can see his true off-air personality peek through.....and it certainly is a face-punchable personality.

Back in Feb. the dispatcher at work had to retire due to medical problems. Got word that she passed away over the weekend. She wasn't an easy person to get along with and a lot of people weren't very fond of her at all. General consensus is no matter how unlikable she was, no one wanted to see her suffer like that.

Hope this the right thread

Mom told me she has stage 4 cancer .

I hope in my lifetime they find a cure for cancer

Sorry.