DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

I'd always kind of felt that no cool celebrities were born on my birthday.  Just realized today that I share a birthday with Donald Trump, which makes it worse.  (I had already known that, but never really thought about it since he started his presidential run.)

19 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

What does a bluetooth-enabled coffee cup do, exactly? Message you when you need a refill?

Apparently it keeps the coffee at the same temperature at all times so that it doesn't get cold.

A nice feature? Sure. $150 worth of "nice?" Hell no.

3 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I'd always kind of felt that no cool celebrities were born on my birthday.  Just realized today that I share a birthday with Donald Trump, which makes it worse.  (I had already known that, but never really thought about it since he started his presidential run.)

Boy George? Che Guevara? Yasmine Bleeth? Steffi Graf? Jesy off Little Mix?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Boy George? Che Guevara? Yasmine Bleeth? Steffi Graf? Jesy off Little Mix?

Yeah.  Like come on, it could be any celebrity.  If I'm ranking my favorite musicians, actors, or athletes, I'd have to go very far down the list before I even think about any of those people.  Che Guevara I guess would do ok on the top political figures list but that's also not a list I would ever actually make.

I've got King Richard the Lionheart, Pink and Raven on mine. Which is good, not great, but it's not like you get to pick.Just be grateful you weren't born April 20th like my Nephew Adolph (nb: Not his actual name. We just call him that to annoy his Mum).

• Like 1

July 19th, Lizzie Borden, Brian May of Queen, and John "Bones" Jones. I'll take it, I can't really play guitar very well, never hit anyone with an axe, but there was a time that I was fond of cocaine...;-)

I too thought at first it was staged, but when I saw it was real I couldn't help but smile.  One of the better things that happened so far this year.

And my December 24 birthday is shared with the likes of Ryan Seacrest and Ricky Martin.  But to counteract that it's also Lemmy's birthday.  Lemmy rules, so I'm very cool with this knowledge.

I've got Pete Rose, Peter Capaldi, Rod Steiger, Rob McElhenney, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Anthony Michael Hall, and Lita among others as my birthday buddies.

But the real cool stuff about my birthday is that it's the day Lincoln was shot, the Titanic hit the iceberg, and the Clutter family killers were hanged.

On 4/7/2017 at 11:45 AM, Gonzo said:

Got an e-mail at work today stating that the $150 Bluetooth-enabled coffee cup that Starbucks sells is not allowed in our workplace due to the fact that it's a secure building. (We can't even bring our cell phones in here.)

I want to know who these assholes are that can afford to spend $150 on a coffee cup.

The same assholes who can afford $7 per day on coffee.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

The same assholes who can afford $7 per day on coffee.

I drink more coffee than most would think humanly possible and an $8.00 lb. of Sumatran lasts all week. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I drink more coffee than most would think humanly possible and an $8.00 lb. of Sumatran lasts all week. 

(Drinking coffee as I read this and nodding knowingly)

People are amazed that I can drink coffee or energy drinks at night and still sleep.  I think I have a problem.