DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Sorry for your loss and you're right, it doesn't.

Calli was in 2016 and Cleo was last year. I still have Coco, who will be 8 this year, and Toula, who is 10 months. 

• Like 1

"Before I Let Go" by Frankie Beverly & Maze and "The Payback" by James Brown was a pretty neat back to back songs on the radio as I was driving down the highway around noon today. Not enough traffic to make it hard for me to groove while going 50+ as James Brown just shouts out phrases that would make for an amazing surreal wrestling promo ("I'm mad", "I want revenge")

I first heard "Before I Let Go" during the time that Billy Hamilton played for the Royals and one of his 2/3 walkup songs was that song and it was way too cool a song for a guy who really didn't do much with the bat

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I always thought he sang "I don't know karate but I know ka-ray-zee" but it's "I don't know karate but I know ka-RAZOR" (holy shit)

would have never guessed that

and i'm someone who didn't notice the "Eddie Murphy, eat your heart out" lyric in "Living In America" for years

The "Where is Princess Kate?" saga has just taken a rather jarring left turn. 

She just revealed via video, she has cancer.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The "Where is Princess Kate?" saga has just taken a rather jarring left turn. 

She just revealed via video, she has cancer.

Princess of Wales and the King. Best wishes to both and their families. I dread cancer. Fuck cancer.

3 hours ago, Kang said:

Tired of Earth. 

That sounds kind of alarming and maybe I'm reading into something that isn't there, but is everything ok? I know we don't know each other, but we're both part of this big, weird DVDVR community, so if you need somebody to vent to, I'm here. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That sounds kind of alarming and maybe I'm reading into something that isn't there, but is everything ok? I know we don't know each other, but we're both part of this big, weird DVDVR community, so if you need somebody to vent to, I'm here. 

I will manage. I been doing it for decades.

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I swear that my cat has been randomly checking in on me lately just to see that I'm okay. We don't deserve animals, man.

Pets sense things. Like I said before:

On 3/18/2024 at 4:46 PM, The Natural said:

Pets are family. Pets are more family than the family you sometimes have.

• Like 3

We have a pet rabbit, and one of my running jokes is that he's not the pet we need, but he's the one we deserve. The wife was being woken up several times by my snoring last weekend and decided to just go lay on the couch. Well he heard he coming out and decided that it must be food time. So he started kicking his damn cage at 4:30 AM. Only contributing to her irritation and lack of sleep.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

So, the two year anniversary of my father's passing came and went and I didn't use as a coping mechanism. It helps that I was with my family today for Easter, so it really wasn't on my mind. 

• Like 12