DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

When I'm not getting google ads for fite.tv or random mail order bride dating sites (don't know why), I'm getting lots of skalp.com, hairline tattooing. WHO HAS CALLED ME HAGE?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Something buggered my shoulder about a week ago. It feels like a drill is going from the front to the back. I have degenerative disk disease in my neck, so I don't know if it's related to that or my job. I deliver produce for a living and use my left side(which is my dominant side) more often than the right, so it could be job related. I reported it to work yesterday, so they sent me out with a helper today(which means all I was supposed to do was drive and do paperwork and talk with customers), but old habits die hard like a mofo, so I found myself helping the helper. Between Salon Pas pain patches and Aleve the pain is manageable, but since it's a holiday weekend I can't get in to see someone until Monday. I hate being hurt, but more than that I hate looking helpless, which is probably why I gave the helper a hand. Ugh.

• Sad 1

We've been going back and forth over whether or not to order a new TV as our current one (like 7-8 years old) has been intermittently flashing an "incompatible with your cable box" message. Then on Thanksgiving night, my best man Danny accidentally broke our bookcase as he was trying to get up from playing with Mandy. Since it sits next to the TV stand, that was the final impetus we needed to take the plunge on a new 50-inch set with matching stand. So thanks I guess. ?

• Haha 2

On 11/30/2019 at 2:05 PM, driver said:

Something buggered my shoulder about a week ago. It feels like a drill is going from the front to the back. I have degenerative disk disease in my neck, so I don't know if it's related to that or my job. I deliver produce for a living and use my left side(which is my dominant side) more often than the right, so it could be job related. I reported it to work yesterday, so they sent me out with a helper today(which means all I was supposed to do was drive and do paperwork and talk with customers), but old habits die hard like a mofo, so I found myself helping the helper. Between Salon Pas pain patches and Aleve the pain is manageable, but since it's a holiday weekend I can't get in to see someone until Monday. I hate being hurt, but more than that I hate looking helpless, which is probably why I gave the helper a hand. Ugh.

Good Lord, man... Fuck the Aleve and Salon Pas patches, ask your doc for some oxycodone. My back and knees are pretty much shot (little if any cartilage in either knee), and without the oxy, I'd be pretty much immobile because of the pain. As it is, I can function quite normally, no, I can't drop and run five miles like I could in my twenties, but at least I can walk without undue pain.

Went and got it x-rayed after work. It was diagnosed as "calcific tendonitis". In other words I have a calcium deposit on a tendon in my shoulder. Prescribed treatment is an ice pack and Aleve. Once I talk to my doctor I'll know what my long term options are.

13 hours ago, driver said:

Went and got it x-rayed after work. It was diagnosed as "calcific tendonitis". In other words I have a calcium deposit on a tendon in my shoulder. Prescribed treatment is an ice pack and Aleve. Once I talk to my doctor I'll know what my long term options are.

Yeowtch. Good luck. I've had shoulder surgery before, and the recovery physical therapy is not fun. 

Turns out today is the United Nations International Day of People with Disabilities. I'm in that camp with Cerebral Palsy. We were once told I wouldn't ever speak properly. Thanks to my loving parents, little sister and the speech therapist I went to for years, we proved that prediction wrong. My CP causes me problems but it's part of who I am. I can't change that. People should be treated as equals xxx.

• Like 13

21 hours ago, driver said:

In all due seriousness ask your doc about a cortisone shot. I've had four of them over the years as the result of throwing 34 gram darts  several hours a day, day in, day out. A few years back it was either do another shot or retire from the sport.  Considering that I was as good as I was ever going to get (not as good as the guys that you see on TV, but the next level down. Good enough to place in regional tourneys, but not good enough to win one.)  Anyway, for me the cortisone worked wonders, but then the frequency of needing a shot increased, so I figured it was time  to hang 'em up. 

I'm not 100% on this, but I think that they have stuff now that they can inject right into the calcium deposit and it just dissolves the deposit.

31 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Corbyn's defeat becomes a talking point in the Democratic primary in 3... 2...

Twitter is already way ahead of you.  Unsurprisingly the consensus seems to be "This result strongly confirms whatever I previously believed about the primary"

• Like 1

See the thing people don't get is, they say "I want Brexit, I don't want Europe telling us what to do". But after Brexit, the EU will still be able to tell us what to do. We just won't have the ability to tell them what to do back any more.

Basically, working class people hate that they feel left behind and forgotten, so they decide the best way to fix it is to help the upper class create a situation where the middle class also becomes working class.

On the plus side, Labour will definitely win the next general election. The NHS is going to be privatised, so all the grey head racists that prop up the Tory party are going to be die sooner.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AxB said:

I voted Labour.

Ditto. Even though my CP was bad yesterday and most politicians irritate me, I still voted as that right to vote is something other countries don't have. Democracy in action...even thought the result sucks.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

Ordered a playscape for my son for Christmas/birthday.  We're keeping a close eye on the package because the damn thing weighs 900 pounds, and we're hoping the guys that deliver it will work with us on where they leave it in return for a bit of extra money. 

It started out in Salt Lake City, headed to Austin.  Two days ago it was in Montana.  Yesterday it was in Iowa.  Today it's in the south side of Chicago.  I'm half expecting em to either launch it into orbit or sink it in the Bermuda Triangle next.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, AxB said:

See the thing people don't get is, they say "I want Brexit, I don't want Europe telling us what to do". But after Brexit, the EU will still be able to tell us what to do. We just won't have the ability to tell them what to do back any more.

Basically, working class people hate that they feel left behind and forgotten, so they decide the best way to fix it is to help the upper class create a situation where the middle class also becomes working class.

hahahahahakillme

On the plus side, Labour will definitely win the next general election. The NHS is going to be privatised, so all the grey head racists that prop up the Tory party are going to be die sooner.

Let us know if you need tips on filling out insurance paperwork. Here's a starter:

Always have copies of copies. They'll tell you they never got your paperwork. This will be a lie. They'll get you to send it out again and if there's a minute difference they'll deny coverage for that reason unless you can sue them.

• Like 1

The ex-wifey / significant other and I will be consulting with a realtor soon about selling our townhouse in MD.  

We've been remarkably civil to one another over the phone, but we'll see how this shakes out when we're in each other's physical presence trying to conduct business.

• Like 4

I'm moving in January.  My apt complex has finally gotten pros out to do more than patch the cracks, and recognized that my entire interior wall needs to come out to fix the damage to the exterior wall and stop the place from flooding every time we get 3 in of rain.  So I'll be moving to another place in the same complex, in an apt that doesn't have a poorly waterproofed chimney so the people on 3F can have a fireplace.  I'm not happy about it, but I'm currently paying $1050 for an apt with a market rate of $1500, and moving anywhere else would either triple my commute (only one bus runs by my work, and I live at the southernmost and least expensive point of it, and I can't drive) or result in me paying $1250+ for a smaller unit, so it's hard to tell them to fuck off.  So...hooray? Hope the fridge is quieter at least. Packing over the holidays sucks though.

• Like 5

There's one of those Amazon lockers at work now. Installed last month. I'm sorely tempted to order something tonight, just to see if it's actually delivered to the locker tomorrow or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in just a few minutes I'll have two sore kitties to tend to. We took Spike and Arya in for their respective procedures today and they should be home in a few minutes. The main thing is to keep them from picking away at their stitches. They are one week shy of six months so the timing couldn't have been better, neither one will ever know what they missed out on. ?

The other thing will be to keep Sandor and Seven from playing with them while they heal, the other cats pretty much ignore them, but Sandor and Seven seem to relive their kittenhood when they're around. Sandor's a little guy so that makes sense, Seven on the other hand is twenty pounds and looks ridiculous frolicking around like a kitten (he's six, Sandor's five, so they're both full-grown cats); Seven's twin brother Jackpot just gives them the evil eye and they keep their distance, they've both been whacked before for trying the same stuff with Jackpot that Seven lets them get away with. 

Jackpot pretty much rules the household with an iron paw; not a lot of patience when it comes to little kitties, particularly not when it comes to playing with his tail, that shit gets frowned on in a hurry.