DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

18 hours ago, hammerva said:

You realize how weird it is tell people that you may be on Mastodon  🥴

I can't help but keep thinking about the band which makes it funny to think about one day saying "Hey, I joined Mastodon!".

I haven't tried it yet but it seems like a more complicated version of Discord.  Maybe if I use it more I can see the differences but I'm fine with just using Discord and the board for my social nonsense.

• Like 1

After looking where to post this personal little rant I noticed that there apparently hasn't been any Really Swell News since at least November 2nd!

That sucks.

Anyway, after being fired from my job back in May and for a variety of reasons not being able to job hunt until August, I finally started a new job just over a week ago.......aaaaand promptly caught my first case of COVID. I've been vaccinated and twice boostered so it is playing out like a really bad cold but the timing of course couldn't be worse.

But what doesn't kill me only keeps me around longer.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

After looking where to post this personal little rant I noticed that there apparently hasn't been any Really Swell News since at least November 2nd!

That sucks.

Anyway, after being fired from my job back in May and for a variety of reasons not being able to job hunt until August, I finally started a new job just over a week ago.......aaaaand promptly caught my first case of COVID. I've been vaccinated and twice boostered so it is playing out like a really bad cold but the timing of course couldn't be worse.

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Execproducer said:

That sucks.

I feel ya. Back in May I got a new job and literally my first week there I got COVID (for the first time). I didn't have sick time yet but they still paid me for the week since we all assumed I got COVID on-site but I still was anxious about it, to miss time that quickly. They were cool about it though.

• Like 4

On 11/18/2022 at 1:50 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

I can't help but keep thinking about the band which makes it funny to think about one day saying "Hey, I joined Mastodon!".

I haven't tried it yet but it seems like a more complicated version of Discord.  Maybe if I use it more I can see the differences but I'm fine with just using Discord and the board for my social nonsense.

I keep seeing Mastodon trending and getting excited they put out a new album

• Like 3

On 11/18/2022 at 3:50 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

It seems really similar to Twitter to me. Although, I've still never used Discord.

• Like 1

Boy, does it ever suck, when you go out on Saturday night, only drink water and end up getting food poisoning off some fast food and have to suffer condition similar to hang over, anyway!

Edit. I guess it wasn't food poisoning, but a short stomach flu instead, and apparently, I got off lightly. Wife's bout was just as short, but WAY more violent. And that sucks even more. It seemed like something that would not spread. Mildest stomach flu I can recall having, but still bad enough to ruin two peoples' week.

Edited by Shartnado
Not a food poisoning, dude!
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Octopus said:

I just got myself stressed out over a misunderstood work email and sent out texts about it to get clarity on something that me taking two seconds to breath and reread would realize it wasn’t an issue. 

Yeah, this has been known to happen at times. Keep breathing, it will pass. No harm done.

My heart monitor results came back - not sure if it's the one I was wearing in September, or the one I had on for three days in the hospital in October, or the print-out from the EMTs that same weekend when I felt like I was about to die. But either way, the results my cardiologist got and read was worrying enough for him to send me to an electrophysiologist. I guess they specialize in heart arrhythmia and whatnot.

All of that, combined with the mounting medical debt.. I'm so beyond stressed lately. I just found out a few days ago that the EMT service - literally 2 minutes from my house, and maybe 8 minutes from my work - isn't in my insurance's network. FUCKIN' COOL, MAN.

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Casey said:

All of that, combined with the mounting medical debt.. I'm so beyond stressed lately. I just found out a few days ago that the EMT service - literally 2 minutes from my house, and maybe 8 minutes from my work - isn't in my insurance's network. FUCKIN' COOL, MAN.

Yeah, I'm starting to get the bills from my 30 hours in the hospital last month, and it's not good. I've applied for all the help I can get, so now I get the see the bills pile up while they decide my fate. 😛

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JLSigman said:

Yeah, I'm starting to get the bills from my 30 hours in the hospital last month, and it's not good. I've applied for all the help I can get, so now I get the see the bills pile up while they decide my fate. 😛

Out of curiosity, what have you applied for to help out? I’m looking at somewhere north of like $4k for everything as of right now and I live pretty much paycheck to paycheck. I’m really struggling here.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Casey said:

Out of curiosity, what have you applied for to help out? I’m looking at somewhere north of like $4k for everything as of right now and I live pretty much paycheck to paycheck. I’m really struggling here.

I'm up to $13k at the moment.

Because I don't have health insurance, the social worker came to me and handed me the forms to fill out. You'll need to call the hospital's finance department on Monday (believe me, no one will be there tomorrow) and say you need everything about how to apply for financial aid. Don't let them talk you into a payment plan until you've gone through the whole process of applying for help. Depending on your hospital system they may have some things online, but not usually. In my case they needed a few months of bank statements, since you work they'll want a couple pay stubs.

Good luck. The American medical system is a scam.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Since we’re sharing crap medical news, I start chemotherapy on Tuesday.  Found out a few weeks ago my lung cancer has retuned after 9 years in remission.  Spots on my lungs are very small (only one big enough to biopsy), but the cancer has spread from the right lung to the left.  So stage 4.

I was only 45 when I was first diagnosed.  Doctors were optimistic since I was relatively young, didn’t smoke and had no obvious risk factors, environmental exposures or family history.  When it didn’t recur in the first several years, they figured they got it all.  Wrong on all counts unfortunately.  

Plan at the moment is a few rounds of chemo followed by two years of immunotherapy (Keytruda).  Was thinking about getting into a clinical trial but decided to pass.  My oncologist is fairly optimistic but I’m a pragmatist.  My long-term prospects are iffy, at best.  I’m not planning on dying any time soon, but it’s kinda out of my control.

• Sad 8

5 hours ago, Octopus said:

Tested positive for COVID. Dang.

Get well soon, friend xxx.

2 hours ago, Mario said:

Since we’re sharing crap medical news, I start chemotherapy on Tuesday.  Found out a few weeks ago my lung cancer has retuned after 9 years in remission.  Spots on my lungs are very small (only one big enough to biopsy), but the cancer has spread from the right lung to the left.  So stage 4.

I was only 45 when I was first diagnosed.  Doctors were optimistic since I was relatively young, didn’t smoke and had no obvious risk factors, environmental exposures or family history.  When it didn’t recur in the first several years, they figured they got it all.  Wrong on all counts unfortunately.  

Plan at the moment is a few rounds of chemo followed by two years of immunotherapy (Keytruda).  Was thinking about getting into a clinical trial but decided to pass.  My oncologist is fairly optimistic but I’m a pragmatist.  My long-term prospects are iffy, at best.  I’m not planning on dying any time soon, but it’s kinda out of my control.

Oh, man. So sorry. You'll be in my thoughts xxx.

On 11/24/2022 at 8:26 AM, Infinit said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Wishing everyone happiness and health as we kick off the holiday season 😊

Knowing you are a Canadian person, now I have to ask. Do you folks double up on Thanksgiving? You celebrate your October version and then again in November? Or are you just being a cool dude and sending us November folks well-wishes?

16 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Knowing you are a Canadian person, now I have to ask. Do you folks double up on Thanksgiving? You celebrate your October version and then again in November? Or are you just being a cool dude and sending us November folks well-wishes?

I was actually in the US last week so...when in Rome? Lol. But I'd like to think I'm a cool dude so it's a little bit of a) and a little bit of b) 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1