DVDVR Message Board

The 2014 Emmys

Dolfan in NYC

Good for Aaron Paul (got jobbed by Bobby Cavavale last year), but Dinklage should've won for this season of GOT.

Emmys had to give goodbye love to Breaking Bad even though it's already won a billion Emmys.  Dinklage will bring it next season and hopefully will win the statue he deserves.

Cary Fukunaga didn't thank Nic Pizzolatto in this acceptance speech. Pretty much confirms the rumors that they didn't get along at all during the making of TRUE DETECTIVE.

Consequently, I'm going to assume that confirms the rumors that Pizzolatto is a douche nozzle.

Well, the Academy's taste in comedy is still wonky, but they got it almost exactly right, straight down the ballot on the Drama side.

Wonder if someone at HBO is regretting their decision to submit TD as a drama now.

Well, the Academy's taste in comedy is still wonky, but they got it almost exactly right, straight down the ballot on the Drama side.

Wonder if someone at HBO is regretting their decision to submit TD as a drama now.

Since they will probably be packing up their desk in the morning? I would think so. . . The only person more full of themselves than Aaron Paul was Julia Roberts, be a little more self indulgent.

I know why BB and Cranston won (although I would have gone TD and McConaughey without even thinking twice about Best Actor), but I'm still not thrilled. Also, feel like Dinklage should have won but I get why they gave it to Aaron Paul. On the plus, nothing was as bad as the Jeff Daniels miscarriage of justice from last year. I think next year Jon Hamm finally wins the big one as they get to pay homage to Mad Men like they did this year with Breaking Bad.

I think next year Jon Hamm finally wins the big one as they get to pay homage to Mad Men like they did this year with Breaking Bad.

That's not really a thing that happens a lot though, is it? Not as though Michael Hall or Hugh Laurie got "sorry we ignored you for so long" send-offs from the Emmy voters. Kyle Chandler situations are the exception rather than the rule. Last night was a result of BB and Cranston's usual awards momentum rather than "paying homage." 

I've resigned myself to the reality that Hamm will never win for this great role, but he will continue to win the lifetime Being Jon Hamm award. The bloom is long since off the Mad Men rose in the eyes of many voters. It lacks all the awards momentum BB built throughout its run. 

The dream is over, friend. Long since over. It was over a few years ago when Hamm lost in a Cranston-less year with the perfect submission episode. 

The absolute dumbest Emmy argument I saw today was a butthurt GoT fan saying, regarding Breaking Bad, "I hate shows that win it all AFTER they have gone off the air. It doesn't seem fair to the rest who are still in the trenches." 

Wait, what?  So if a show airs its last episode ever between Emmy ceremonies, we should just forget it?  smh