DVDVR Message Board

Raw 7-7-14

MGFanJay

Seth was such a great prick in that backstage thing with Orton and Kane.

But during his promo duel with Cena, Rollins had one dark hair strand loose among the blond part and it was driving me crazy.  Also he dresses like Sandra Bullock in DEMOLITION MAN.  

Seriously he has a fake belt painted on his pants.  That is a kind of wrestling blasphemy.

1092777-rickrude2_1_.jpg

Rick Rude begs to differ.

• Like 5

THAT'S DIRTY POOL!

Speaking of bad ring gear...Roman Reigns' new ring gear looks like the ICE PIRATES Halloween costume my mom got me at the mobile station in 1984 and tried to pass off as "Tron guy."

Tron guys have sleeves, ma!  THEY HAVE SLEEVES!!!!

Best parts of the night was the Alicia/Nikki bondage match, Torito/Bo and the WORLD STAR fight between Naomi and Cameron. I can't believe they would actually do Rusev/Reigns on Smackdown. Granted no one watches that show but they gotta change that to a tag match playa right?

When Bo ran over Torito, I summed up my feelings on pro-wrestling with my reaction, and I quote: "He is such a dick! I love him!"

In other news, my boyfriend Ambrose is still the best thing ever. By the way, pretty sure that was Orton's botch. Wasn't he supposed to dropkick Ambrose out of the air? I actually wondered if something was wrong with Orton afterward and was concerned over it.

At least the camera angle... uh, kinda covered it all up. As in nobody knew what the hell Ambrose was trying to pull, the announcers didn't let on as to what it might have been either, and everyone was just left to think "that crazy Dean's at it again". 

Love how they brought up that was Finlay (and Jamie Noble) after the fact, I didn't notice that was him at all for some reason. Maybe it was the suit? I am legally blind so I'll hang it on that.

Love how they brought up that was Finlay (and Jamie Noble) after the fact, I didn't notice that was him at all for some reason. Maybe it was the suit? I am legally blind so I'll hang it on that.

At first I was upset that they did that to Finlay, but then I realized he was more then likely the best choice to take that bump. I saw IRS, Malenko, Finlay, Mercury, Noble, and an unknown sixth man, so he wins. He sure did look dapper, though!

What was with the horrible production on the show? They were missing spots and finishes and mistimed Kane's run in.

Who ever is calling the shots in the truck is seriously slipping. There was some TNA-esq production slips tonight.

You know Finlay more than likely volunteered.

Metaphorically speaking, I can see him be the one in the group holing his arm up like a school child that wishes, almost begging, to be chosen by the teacher.

"Okay kids, who wishes to take a spear from Roman?"

"Oooh oooh oooh!!! Pick me!!! Pick me!!!"

• Like 2

Regarding Orton and Ambrose, outside of the top rope botch which the commentators did a not completely horrible job of covering, the only thing I would have liked to see was either Ambrose get the pin with the school boy counter to the draping DDT or just take a RKO when he got back in the ring to beat the count out.  But man am I quibbling because what a great outing.

Usos and Wyatts just have another knock down drag out with Harper getting more spaced out every week.  His mannerisms are subtly changing for the better, like he's staring off in the cosmos at the Great Old Ones and its starting to effect his sanity rating... you know, more.

Reigns lifting Cena's arm was a complete dick move on Roman's part because he knew the crowd would boo Cena.  I larfed.

I mean not as hard as I did at Bo or Little Johnny Russo with a tear in his eye but come on, that's asking a lot.

I mentioned this last night but I don't want Jamie Knoble to go unnoticed as he went fucking flying when Reigns shoved him so he could spear Finlay

Oh and Luke Harper did a fucking praying sitout powerbomb

• Like 1

Loved Miz's poverty Hollywood Rock entrance video and shades. That's all I got

Yeah it was fun, but I think he really needs to ditch 'I Came To Play' and maybe even the 'Awesome' catchphrase. I like his new schtick; also agree with those who think he should have Maryse around - not necessarily full-time, but here and there to remind people.

• Like 1

I laughed that the agents came out to break up Reigns/Kane, but weren't brave enough to do the same during the Naomi/Cameron fight.

Also, I'm a little disappointed Miz's fan wasn't Phil Brooks or some variation thereof.

I laughed that the agents came out to break up Reigns/Kane, but weren't brave enough to do the same during the Naomi/Cameron fight.

Would you want to try to break up a fight between two black women? I know I wouldn't.

• Like 1

Would you want to try to break up a fight between two black women? I know I wouldn't.

Seriously...that is right where i want to be....in between Naomi and Cameron.  Delta Alfa Tango Alfa Sierra Sierra.   

• Like 3

I saw it happen enough in colllege to know that that shit is just like hockey.  You separate them after they tire themselves out from beating the crap out of each other.

I get that canada is bizarro land and all but I didn't get the crowd not reacting to some of Ambrose's stuff.

That seems to happen a lot. I'm not sure Ambrose or Reigns are as over as a lot of people think they are.

• Like 1

I would have given $10 million if the ref had shouted "WORLD STAR HIP HOP" while he was watching the fight. 

• Like 1