DVDVR Message Board

I've Never Seen Star Wars

Fuzzy Dunlop

I watched one episode of 24 at a friends house many moons ago. It's music Related but I've never listened to a Big Pun album. I watched a handful of Lost episodes but never got into it same goes for The Sopranos. 

It definitely has the pacing of a 70s movie, thats for sure.

Back in undergrad, i had 2 different girlfriends fall asleep trying to watch 2001.

I made the twelve year old watch 2001 and he hated it so much that it is a viable punishment now.

• Like 1

Back in undergrad, i had 2 different girlfriends fall asleep trying to watch 2001.

I made the twelve year old watch 2001 and he hated it so much that it is a viable punishment now.

I haven't ever sat down and watched it straight through but I have seen the whole movie many times.  It would be a viable punishment against me as well.

I don't think it's the pace, though.  I love 70's movies.  I can watch The Godfather and The Godfather Part II back to back and not get bored at all.

There is something about Jaws though that just doesn't work for me.  I've seen the beginning and the end, but I have never seen the middle.

I saw Jaws when I was 4, I think?  Never wanted to see it again.

This is actually me with the Godfather films. I saw them when I was fairly young and I recall them boring me. I know I could possibly like them more upon a rewatch, but I just have no desire to try.

Weirdly enough around the same age I loved the first two Jaws movies.

Tabe has never seen:

- any of the Godfather movies

- any of the LOTR movies, though I own the blu rays

- either of the Hobbit movies

- Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Scrubs, The Wire, CSI, or The Amazing Race

The Wire is the only thing on this list I have watched. Most of the stuff in this thread I have never heard of at all. I have always been mostly consumed with playing and listening to music though. Been that way since age 3. I didn't know how outside pop culture I was until I wandered into The Avengers thread on this board. Wondered why the post amount was so high. Had never heard of it and it turned out to be one of the top 5 highest grossing films ever. There was a point I was at least aware of this stuff. Not sure what changed. I did watch the first 3 Star Wars movies. I only remember thinking Empire Strikes Back was good.  

Hey guys, I think I've found Vince McMahon's DVDVR account.

• Like 1

Jaws was always the film when I was a kid that other kids would go on about how great it was, how scary and violent and bloody it was, but my parents wouldn't let me watch it (when I was little). Eventually I saw it when I was in my early 20s, and I thought it sucked - but it was one of those things where the things Jaws innovated, other films then took and ran with, and I'd already seen them Nightmare on Elm Streets and that.

The other film that was built up as an incredible must-see thing to me in Childhood but I wasn't allowed to see for ages was Alien. Saw that when I was 14 and it was AWESOME~!

That's how I felt about The Exorcist. I wasn't allowed to see it as a kid, and when I finally did see it it was 10 years ago or so when it was re-released in theaters as "The version you've never seen". I thought it sucked.

Jaws sucked?  The Exorcist sucked?  What the fuck is wrong with you people.

Then again, I had a similar experience with the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  All of that hype and stuff about it being the SCAREIST MOVIE EVER and that your eyes would melt out of your head before you make it to the end of the movie.

And then came that dumb family dinner scene where we meet Grandpa and he needs help trying to brain the final girl with a hammer and I was like, "What is this stupid shit?"

• Like 1

Most of the stuff I haven't seen is from the 80s

Die Hard

Predator

Rambo

Jaws

Magnum P.I.

Miami Vice

Hill Street Blues

21 Jump Street

The A-Team

Twin Peeks

Northern Exposure

Transformers

G.I. Joe

I once knew someone who'd happily spend his Saturdays watching Scarface all the way through, then rewinding the tape and watching Scarface all the way through again.

It'd be easier to watch if they trimmed out twenty or thirty minutes of the Godfather-wannabe wrangling between gang members and Rise To Power stuff.  The high spots of that movie are tremendous, but there's a hell of a lot of filler and it didn't really need to go three fuckin' hours.  This ain't Braveheart, get to the machine-gun massacre already.  

It'd be easier to watch if they trimmed out twenty or thirty minutes of the Godfather-wannabe wrangling between gang members and Rise To Power stuff.  The high spots of that movie are tremendous, but there's a hell of a lot of filler and it didn't really need to go three fuckin' hours.  This ain't Braveheart, get to the machine-gun massacre already.  

No.

Jaws sucked? The Exorcist sucked? What the fuck is wrong with you people.

Then again, I had a similar experience with the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. All of that hype and stuff about it being the SCAREIST MOVIE EVER and that your eyes would melt out of your head before you make it to the end of the movie.

And then came that dumb family dinner scene where we meet Grandpa and he needs help trying to brain the final girl with a hammer and I was like, "What is this stupid shit?"

Preach on, JAWS fucking rules. The Indiananapois speech alone is better than most full movies.

Hell, Richard Dreyfus's two-second facial reaction as Hooper realizes what Quint is talking about is better than most full movies.  It perfectly communicates "Ha ha, I just burned on your stupid tattoo... oh.  Oh SHIT.  You were on THE FUCKIN' INDIANAPOLIS?!  Dude... I am SO sorry... I take it all back... please don't murder me and chop up my body for chum."

I'll never be a big baller shot caller, I have never seen Scarface all the way through.

Hell I've never seen it period. Closest I've come would be playing GTA: Vice City.

I've seen Scarface too many times to count, because I was a Young Urban Youth (although Caucasian).

I suspect the reason the whole Tony wants to fuck Gena subplot was in there was so Tony wouldn't be cool. Didn't work.

I don't at all think Scarface is must see.

I thought of another: I've never seen Twin Peaks. A buddy of mine who is a film maker and has a tattoo based on it swears I have to watch it right this second, but I just can't with old TV shows.

It's music Related but I've never listened to a Big Pun album.

Huh? I suspect that's probably true of 99.9% of people, no?

No your right but withen my group of friends im the one who hasnt heard Capital Punishment. His debut and only album released while he was alive for those who don't know. The only Big Pun song I've hear dis it's So Hard and I love that sng. ive also have heard I'm Not a Player with Joe but not in a long time.