DVDVR Message Board

I've Never Seen Star Wars

Fuzzy Dunlop

I suspect the reason the whole Tony wants to fuck Gena subplot was in there was so Tony wouldn't be cool. Didn't work.

Actually, this was a subplot which was bizarrely kept in from the 1930s version of the movie.  Scarface-1981 is a remake, ya know.  

I thought of another: I've never seen Twin Peaks. A buddy of mine who is a film maker and has a tattoo based on it swears I have to watch it right this second, but I just can't with OLD TV shows.

:lol:

:mellow:

:o

:blink:

:(

:angry:

• 8 months later...

Until January of this year I had never seen more then half of an episode of Breaking Bad, every time I tried it was always some random episode in the middle of a season that I didn't know the backstory so it was hard to get into at that point in time.  But in January I started to watch it from the beginning on Netflix and completed in only like 9 days.

Until January of this year I had never seen more then half of an episode of Breaking Bad

I've still only seen the pilot. It was pretty good, but the sheer amount of hype I've heard about the show actually makes me subconsciously want to avoid it. "It can't be as perfect as everyone says, there's no way it won't be a disappointment" syndrome.

Considering how incredibly far behind I am on shows that I actually followed or actively planned to watch (at least one season or more behind on Mad Men, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Sherlock, Sons of Anarchy, Regular Show, Dr. Who, Gotham, all the new Marvel Comics-based shows, and god-only-knows how many others; not to mention rediscovering older stuff like the original Twilight Zone and Star Trek episodes I missed) it's pretty unlikely that I'll get around to adding even more shows to my list anytime soon.

Hell, Richard Dreyfus's two-second facial reaction as Hooper realizes what Quint is talking about is better than most full movies. It perfectly communicates "Ha ha, I just burned on your stupid tattoo... oh. Oh SHIT. You were on THE FUCKIN' INDIANAPOLIS?! Dude... I am SO sorry... I take it all back... please don't murder me and chop up my body for chum."

I'll see you, and raise you that grab that Quint does on Hooper's arm after the latter gets in his "Mother" dig, saying, "Oh, I want to kill you with my bare hands & teeth, but I know you're drunk, boy ... back in the box, Quint. Back. In. The. Box."