DVDVR Message Board

I've Never Seen Star Wars

Fuzzy Dunlop

So there was a radio/TV show called I've Never Seen Star Wars where guests revealed stuff that it seemed maybe everyone had done apart from them. A lot of it was basically film/TV shows that it seemed every dude on the planet had watched but they hadn't. For instance, Stephen Fry had never watched an episode of Only Fools and Horses etc and so on. So, what are yours?

I've never watched any of the Lord of the Rings films and I have absolutely zero interest in ever watching them. Is that bad? I dunno.

I haven't seen a single Pixar movie post-THE INCREDIBLES.

No WALL-E. No UP. No TOY STORY 3. None of the shitty ones set in the world where cars exist without people.

Yet I have seen every goddamn MADAGASCAR movie and THE MOTHERFUCKING LORAX.

I've never seen an episode of Lost, Breaking Bad, or Doctor Who. I've never seen any of the LOTR movies, Avatar, any Pixar film that isn't Finding Nemo or Toy Story, any Rambo films, more than 5 minutes of Goodfellas, probably a bunch that would surprise people.

Despite been a young teen when it came out, I have never seen Titanic. 

On a possibly related note, I didn't really go on too many dates when I was in middle school.

I was about to say it must've been great to be single in 1997.

I haven't seen a single Pixar movie post-THE INCREDIBLES.

No WALL-E. No UP. No TOY STORY 3. None of the shitty ones set in the world where cars exist without people.

Yet I have seen every goddamn MADAGASCAR movie and THE MOTHERFUCKING LORAX.

I think FINDING NEMO is the only animated movie I've watched in the last 20 years and I only caught the last hour of that.  I skipped them all.  From TOYS STORY on.

Up until a week ago I hadn't seen any of this fandangled Misawa/Kobashi/Kawada stuff. I guess I can't say that anymore.

I've not seen Titanic either if you want to make a correlation about things popular in 1997?

Nah, the people that have genuine venom for BBT are almost universally the reason the internet is made fun of, in a bizarre irony.

But is it good or bad? I feel like everything I've heard about it makes me think I'd hate it. I know the dude from Roseanne is in it but I feel like you end up thinking why watch an episode of it when you could just watch an old episode of Roseanne instead when it has John Goodman and John Goodman is awesome? Or, you know, find something else in your life to fill 25 minutes.

There is alot of stupid shit in BBT, but the good stuff is REALLY good, I think.  I agree with Tabe in that it was better pre-girlfriends.

Also, if you have avoided Scrubs, you have done yourself a horrible disservice.

For me, I've never seen Lord of the Rings, any episode of Game of Thrones, or the Godfather.  The first two I've just never been interested in.  As for The Godfather, just chalk it up to "I'll get to it someday".

On that note, if someone were to watch Star Wars for the first time, and wanted to watch all 6, which order would you recommend?  Part of me feels like you should start with the originals, just so you can get the "holy crap" moments with Yoda in the prequels.  But then I got to thinking, if a new viewer started watching, it would be best to start with the prequels, just so you get the Vader redemption after seeing him rise and fall.

Despite been a young teen when it came out, I have never seen Titanic. 

On a possibly related note, I didn't really go on too many dates when I was in middle school. 

Neither have I. Titanic, I mean. And the date thing, now that I think about it.

And I'll be the guy that admits that he's never seen a single episode of Game of Thrones.

I've never seen Anchorman or There's Something About Mary. And whilst I'm sure I've at some point or other seen every scene in The Lost Boys, I've never watched them in the right order.

Also, Gonzo's sig reminds me that I've never seen the Sound of Music. And never will.

I have never watched the Godfather Trilogy

(Yes - I know not to watch the third one anyway but it is still a trilogy)

THIS. Also, I've never seen any of the Halloween or Exorcist movies. I'm 41 and I know should've seen at least one of them, but for whatever reason, I have no inclination to.

I've never seen an episode of Friends, and that....is a good thing.

I'm a combo platter of stuff already mentioned here. I've never seen Titanic (and I was MARRIED three years in 97) and I've never seen Avatar. I've also never seen an episode of Big Bang Theory. I can also say I've never sat through, live or on tv, a game of baseball.