DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

I've only ever had one bad experience with a third party seller, but he didn't contact me for two weeks after he was supposed to have shipped it, told be it was coming, still never shipped it and didn't communicate again for over a week. I reported it to Amazon, they cancelled the payment, then lo and behold he days he just shipped it, insist I send it back (at my own cost) and then it still never showed up.

Then he got mad I left negative feedback.

Yesterday morning it was very cold in southern Idaho....like 3 degrees cold as I was getting ready to head to the gym. I went out to start my car.

I pulled the door hand off.

Pulled it fucking OFF.

The door handle.....off....

• Like 1

Yesterday morning it was very cold in southern Idaho....like 3 degrees cold as I was getting ready to head to the gym. I went out to start my car.

Pulled it fucking OFF.

Yep, I've done that too. I have a Hyundai accent, from 1996, so its not exactly the best car in the world, but I've broken my door handle at least three times over the years, with both my front doors currently broken, and my drivers side had a metal one this time. Its a TON of fun reaching from the back seat to open my door, I tell ya, almost as fun as sliding from the passenger side all the time. . .  .

Pulled it fucking OFF.

Yep, I've done that too. I have a Hyundai accent, from 1996, so its not exactly the best car in the world, but I've broken my door handle at least three times over the years, with both my front doors currently broken, and my drivers side had a metal one this time. Its a TON of fun reaching from the back seat to open my door, I tell ya, almost as fun as sliding from the passenger side all the time. . .  .

My car too is a Hyundai. Apparently South Korea doesn't get Idaho high desert cold.

• Like 1

Pulled it fucking OFF.

It was 3 degrees this morning here in central Mn.  Went out to start both vehicles.  I drive the Impala and she has the Suburban for the 4WD.  Unlock her door and PULL THE HANDLE RIGHT OUT OF THE DOOR.  I shit you not.  Already found the fix-it-yourself vid on YouTube and am stopping by the local parts dealer who has the handle assembly for $20, but still.  Two vehicles, two handles, same temp, same morning?  Wtf.

Pulled it fucking OFF.

It was 3 degrees this morning here in central Mn.  Went out to start both vehicles.  I drive the Impala and she has the Suburban for the 4WD.  Unlock her door and PULL THE HANDLE RIGHT OUT OF THE DOOR.  I shit you not.  Already found the fix-it-yourself vid on YouTube and am stopping by the local parts dealer who has the handle assembly for $20, but still.  Two vehicles, two handles, same temp, same morning?  Wtf.

There is no question in my mind. It's a conspiracy. The Illuminati hates wrestling fans. Do the math...

• Like 1

$20 and two hours later, I got it done last night.  Just like new.  Screw The Illuminati!

When I got the old one off, turns out the glue that held the three mounting screws into the door handle all let go at once.  The Suburban is a 2000, so the glue is 16 years old.  I guess it held long enough.

$20 and two hours later, I got it done last night.  Just like new.  Screw The Illuminati!

When I got the old one off, turns out the glue that held the three mounting screws into the door handle all let go at once.  The Suburban is a 2000, so the glue is 16 years old.  I guess it held long enough.

I'll have to pull the whole handle assembly as the plastic handle just snapped off in my hand leaving part of it still in the door. I found one on ebay for 20 bucks and have a buddy who is a mechanic. DAMN THIS YELLOW SUN AND THE GRAVITY OF THIS SMALL BLUE PLANET!

• Like 1

I find my enjoyment of most things is enhanced by actively avoiding any kind of associated fandom.

I find my enjoyment of DVDVR enhanced by the ignore feature. There are certain "board policemen" that I simply cannot abide.

• Like 2

I find my enjoyment of most things is enhanced by actively avoiding any kind of associated fandom.

I find my enjoyment of DVDVR enhanced by the ignore feature. There are certain "board policemen" that I simply cannot abide.

Yup.  Arguing with people on the internet is a young man's game.  I block early and liberally, and feel much better for it.

Anyway, one final Fuck You to 2015.  You were a bad year.

Oddly enough, the only people I was blocking managed to get themselves Johnny Cashed with very little help from me. 

Yeah, I've seen a couple get "Cashed" after I had decided I was done reading them. I'm apparently a quick study...

It's not like I've contributed much to this board other than indie show dates that maybe one or two people pay attention to.  That's where my remaining interest lies, though I've diversified a bit more in recent years regarding Japanese and Mexican wrestling.  Even that, I'm probably going to cut back...if the comedy thing turns into anything more, I'll have to keep my weekends open.  Hey, sometimes a hobby runs its course and maybe that's the case with regards to my wrestling fandom.