DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

Nah, my doc is great, it's the ridiculous law in New Mexico. Being Native American my wife goes to the other medical establishment in town (yes, we have two!),  same story there. Every six months anyone being prescribed Lortab or anything stronger has to fill out a two page from swearing to all sorts of stuff under pain of being cut off from your meds. In a nutshell, the "pain contract" states that you won't sell your meds, go doctor shopping, that sort of thing. Of course, this ignores the rather obvious fact that someone in such a degree of pain as to require narcotics is not going to be very inclined to sell their meds, they kind of need them to function... I won't even point out how ludicrous the idea of "doctor shopping" in a town of 5,000 people is.

I was reading about that cop in OKC who's accused of raping 13 black women.

And somehow, despite the city being only 56% white, he ended up with an all-white jury and mostly men.

And now the defense lawyer is arguing all the victims have "street smarts" and are lower class and therefore can't be trusted. 

Fucking hell, though.

I don't think so bro. Meth isn't a numbing or calming drug, it's super speedy with no real "high". It's just speed and a rush. I did it a handful of times and there was no sense of euphoria or anything like that. Just speed.

You are looking for logic from drug addicts. I have seen first hand the people who became meth heads use to be pill poppers. As pills became harder to get legally, these people started taking whatever they could get.

Vic:  I'm pretty much with Johnny on this one, (although my perspective is a little different in that I'm a "pill popper" who sticks reasonably close to "as directed" on my meds), and I can't imagine wanting something that's going to heighten sensations (like pain, for example). I'm old enough that I remember when methamphetamine was the most widely prescribed weight-loss drug in the world. We even had the (in)famous "speed doctor" in Seattle, a Dr. Shu, IIRC. My girlfriend's sister was one of his nurses and his "practice " was just ridiculous, if you claimed a weight problem, he would have you join his "weight loss therapy club" which pretty much consisted paying monthly membership dues (in cash) and as part of your "therapy" you get prescribed a ridiculous amount of those little white pills we called "Vitamin X". ;-) He did this shit for something like twenty years before finally getting his license yanked.

I fully believe that you've seen people using whatever they can get their hands on. Far more common however, is going to be usage of drugs with a similar effect, cocaine/speed, opiods/opiates/alcohol/barbiturates*. There's a real high percentage of people that kick opiods/opiates only to wind up dependent on alcohol, and the sad fact (leaving aside expense, illegalities, etc.)  is that you're much better off with the narcotics than you are with alcohol. At least withdrawl from narcotics won't kill you, whereas withdrawl from alcohol actually might.

*Now there's something I haven't heard of in years... Do they even make the  stuff now? 

At least withdrawl from narcotics won't kill you, whereas withdrawl from alcohol actually might.

Case in point: Amy Whinehouse. Died of alcohol withdrawal.

Bet nobody had that in the sweepstakes.

At least withdrawl from narcotics won't kill you, whereas withdrawl from alcohol actually might.

Random (but related) things I learned while my brother-in-law studied to become a pharmacy tech: Hospital pharmacies have beer that can be prescribed to people.

Vic:  I'm pretty much with Johnny on this one, (although my perspective is a little different in that I'm a "pill popper" who sticks reasonably close to "as directed" on my meds),

John you take your own stuff. These people were way off the reservation.

We need more drug stories from Johnny and OSJ. :)

Mine tend to end with me finding a loved one dead. 

In the lighter side of the news, I vomited undigested peaches in a Walmart sink, so I am in a bad mood.

Vic: I fully understand that you didn't mean me as I'm doing pretty much what the doc tells me to do, but I have no illusions about my own personal deal with the devil, (the one that allows me to walk and other stuff that I sort got used to doing), still makes me dependent on four or five little pills every day for the rest of my life.  That being said, as a teen during the 1970s I've indulged and overindulged in pretty much every psychoactive substance known to man and we may have accidentally invented a couple when screwing around in the lab at the UW. 

Like Johnny's dad, I decided I wanted to live just a bit more than I wanted to die, so sobered up in '88 and haven't looked back. I'm not as active as I once was, but in Seattle must've detoxed around sixty people at my house over the years and always had a six-pack of beer or a pint of booze on hand in case it was needed. 

I also tend to forget that the stories that those of us who lived them tend to find pretty funny are actually pretty appalling and disgusting to normal folk.

For example, the group I hung with in HS thought it the height of humor to slip each other doses of LSD and things of that nature. Prank calling someone that you knew was tripping was also taken to extreme levels... One of the gang used to take ridiculously high doses of acid and then try and compose music on his synthesizer (you can imagine how well that worked out); however, knowing that he was going to be at home fried to the gills and having been a recent victim of his generosity with a "surprise buzz", I exacted a terrible vengeance which still causes me to ROTFLOL some forty years later...  All I did was place a call to a local mortuary assuming the false identification of a family member, and assuring the representative of the funeral home that the coroner had already signed the death certificate, would it be possible to send a hearse to pick up the remains of (insert name of fried "composer" here) and we'll come round in the morning to finalize arrangements... 

To the Batmobile... Well, actually my buddy's Mustang that five of us crammed into along with various refreshments and smoking materials. We parked about half a block up the street from the "composer's" house where we'd be in a blind spot from his BR window and waited for the results. To this day I would pay any sum of money that would have allowed me to hear the conversation first hand, but I had to settle for a "transcript" from the guy's sister who sat in the living room trying to ignore the events as they transpired. Said events began with a hearse pulling up in the driveway, something that might be a bit off-putting under the best of conditions. Being ripped out of your gourd on eight hits of blotter cannot in any way be construed as "best of conditions". That the conversation began with two guy in black announcing that they were there for the remains of (insert "composer's" name), almost guaranteed that things would go badly... Like I said, we had to settle for much of the story being related to us the next day... What we saw and heard was the front door slam and lights in the house  going off, first on the ground floor and then the upstairs. Lights on the ground floor came back on rather quickly,the lights upstairs were still out two beers later when we left in sheer pain from laughing so hard... I mean can you fuckin imagine... Rippe dout of your mind and there's two guys with a hearse saying they want your remains... Can you fucking imagine... I'm laughing so hard that I'm having trouble typing...

Random (but related) things I learned while my brother-in-law studied to become a pharmacy tech: Hospital pharmacies have beer that can be prescribed to people.

• Like 1

I continue to be at a loss for the anger, hatred, and evil that exists in this world. It just seems like the real war in this globalized world now is between those among the uncivilized who only gain to senselessly destroy the civilized. It's sickening.

This is very sad. That's the underlying thing - what happened in Paris is very sad.

But so is what happened in Beirut the day before. And what's happening on a daily basis in Chicago and throughout Black communities in America. But Facebook never gave me an option to superimpose a Lebanese flag on my profile pic.

You wanna know why people like ISIS hate us? There's your answer.

• Like 2

How does ISIS have twitter accounts? You can have your account banned because the NFL says so but terrorism is okay. What.

Twitter recognizes that hate and abuse are part of their business model. Seriously.
  • Like 1