DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

I've been transition off one antidepressant(I've been on both Paxil and Cymbalta for about three years), and boy does it SUCK. I've been tapering off for about a month, and finally stopped a few days ago, and its very hard to describe the sensation, but its not fun. Try hypersensitivity, I guess, and if I have any more wacked out than usual posts its why. . . .

• Like 1

I know the feeling you're talking about, it sucks.  When I get prescribed an oral steroid when I have really bad skin problems I get like that.  Came pretty close to throttling one of my friends for doing something REALLY stupid at the Lucha Underground tapings, for example.  Full on Big Poppa Pump shit.  Good times.

• Like 3

Came pretty close to throttling one of my friends for doing something REALLY stupid at the Lucha Underground tapings, for example.  Full on Big Poppa Pump shit.  Good times.

Is he fat?

I'm boiling water because of the insane weather here in SC. Thankfully, I haven't had the flooding in my neighborhood that some only a couple miles away have, but I won't be driving anywhere before Friday, most likely.

I'm boiling water because of the insane weather here in SC. Thankfully, I haven't had the flooding in my neighborhood that some only a couple miles away have, but I won't be driving anywhere before Friday, most likely.

Be safe! You guys are getting your asses kicked.

• Like 1

So, in addition to radio, I do voice over work. Out of market commercials, corporate stuff. An old friend of mine, a former foreign exchange student from Finland, is now a creative manager for a big agency back home in Finland. I do work for him from time to time as it's good exposure. The money isn't fantastic BUT it's semi-regular and has gotten me other European work. This guy has been a friend for years. The first serious band I was in was with him. He now owes me for TWO jobs and I haven't heard from him for two weeks. So now, I have to find a way to chase him for money. The connection has been good. The other work I've gotten out of my relationship has been great stuff (a video game commercial, I voiced over a smartphone app) and I don't want to burn a bridge or fuck up a friendship but...damn...WHERE'S MY MONEY. He's been a slow pay before but, shit, I can't have money out on two jobs for anybody.

Just a gentle reminder that don't ever think you are starting to actually get your life in order and that things might being coming up Milhouse because life will always come up and slap the shit out of you.

Hate World. Revenge Soon.

Just a gentle reminder that don't ever think you are starting to actually get your life in order and that things might being coming up Milhouse because life will always come up and slap the shit out of you.

Hate World. Revenge Soon.

"What good is it being Irish if you don't understand that life is designed to break your heart."

-Everyone's Irish grandmother, ever.

I drove to New York this weekend to see my dad, and while getting on to 278, my transmission decided to start dying. Thankfully, I was able to nurse it to his house, but I need a new clutch and a whole new transmission. The car has 115,000 miles on it but everything else was in great shape, so it was one of those "This costs just under making it worth getting another car" deals. So that is super lame. 

I drove to New York this weekend to see my dad, and while getting on to 278, my transmission decided to start dying. Thankfully, I was able to nurse it to his house, but I need a new clutch and a whole new transmission. The car has 115,000 miles on it but everything else was in great shape, so it was one of those "This costs just under making it worth getting another car" deals. So that is super lame. 

Ugh, fuck that. Sorry man.

• Like 1

It's the new policy: No Child Left Alive

I was following a guy on twitter and he said him and his wife had privately decided not to go to one of the Star Wars screenings right away in case of a Dark Knight Rises-type  incident. On one hand, I wanted to tell him he was being paranoid. On the other, I 100% saw his point.

I'm sorry, this isn't a political thing anymore. It's a "how much longer can people in America keep living like this and keep thinking it's OK?" type of thing.

Sad, sad situation. 

• Like 1

I was following a guy on twitter and he said him and his wife had privately decided not to go to one of the Star Wars screenings right away in case of a Dark Knight Rises-type  incident. On one hand, I wanted to tell him he was being paranoid. On the other, I 100% saw his point.

I'm sorry, this isn't a political thing anymore. It's a "how much longer can people in America keep living like this and keep thinking it's OK?" type of thing.

Sad, sad situation. 

The answer is "forever."  If Sandy Hook didn't make us change anything, nothing will.  Only Joe the Plumber was dumb enough to actually speak the words that I'm sure so many are only thinking: "Your dead kids don't trump my constitutional rights."

I sit cross legged on my couch, and tried to stand up. My foot was asleep. I fell and landed face first. It took me about 30 seconds, but I got up, and checked a mirror. my teeth went through my skin just under my lip. This is a terrible morning.

"HE'S HARDCORE! HE'S HARDCORE! HE'S HARDCORE!"

Feel better!

• Like 1

Sad, sad situation. 

The answer is "forever."  If Sandy Hook didn't make us change anything, nothing will.  Only Joe the Plumber was dumb enough to actually speak the words that I'm sure so many are only thinking: "Your dead kids don't trump my constitutional rights."

IMO, it's two things that cause this stuff. The gun issue and the media issue,

Look, America is always going to have guns. They love guns. I mean, yeah, whatever, we all know that. But you can have basic backgrounds checks and do something about the easy access of anyone to assault weapons. Is that infringing on anyone's hunting/self-defense constitutional rights? Really? No one is ever going to shoot down Bambi's mom with an AR15, ffs. 

But the press have to take some responsibility, too. You know why these people do these things? To be famous. I guarantee if CNN, Fox News and MSNBC collectively said "We will not name these gunmen or discuss their agendas anymore" the appeal would go away. (OK, you can't totally censor the press, but at least don't broadcast these murderers to everyone. Make people look to find the information on them.)

I'm not claiming to have all the answers here. But I think a combination of these things would at least limit these incidents. 

• Like 1