DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

Got home from work today to find my neighbor (70-ish single man) lying face down on his sidewalk. He was unresponsive but breathing raggedly. I called 911 and the paramedics were there in two minutes. They worked on him while getting him onto a gurney. He was rapidly turning blue. I haven't heard anything yet (I contacted his emergency contacts from his cell phone) on if he made it, but it wasn't looking good when they took him away.

Good on you.

After a long struggle with ill health, my dad passed away earlier today. It's been years since he was truly "himself" but the dad I knew was a kind and generous father, a teacher by example, and a positive role model for dozens of young men through baseball and Boy Scouts. He enjoyed the simple things in life - fishing, sports, and loving my mom.

I am blessed to have spent the last two weeks with him and was able to say the things I needed to say - and have him hear them. That is a rare gift, one for which I am very thankful.

No sadness today - my dad was awesome and now he's no longer in pain.

So sorry for your loss, Tabe. Best wishes to you and family.

My deepest sympathies, Tabe. I've been in both the "WHY GOD WHY" situation and the "at least the pain is over" situation with family members. I'm glad you were able to spend time with him and say what you needed to.

I agree with all this. Felt the same way with my Mum.

• Like 1

After a long struggle with ill health, my dad passed away earlier today. It's been years since he was truly "himself" but the dad I knew was a kind and generous father, a teacher by example, and a positive role model for dozens of young men through baseball and Boy Scouts. He enjoyed the simple things in life - fishing, sports, and loving my mom.

I am blessed to have spent the last two weeks with him and was able to say the things I needed to say - and have him hear them. That is a rare gift, one for which I am very thankful.

No sadness today - my dad was awesome and now he's no longer in pain.

Tabe, my dad passed away four years ago in September as well. He too was in pain and miserable for years leading up to his death. I can say this; in the years since he died, I can still hear his voice and remember the lessons he taught me. As a matter of fact, I discovered I was remembering things he taught me that I didn't know he had. In a way, he's always with me, even more so than he was when he was alive.

My condolences and I hope you find peace when you need it.

• Like 2

Fuck you to the Colorado and Wyoming Departments of Transportation.  

I had to call on clients in Loveland, CO, Laramie, WY, and Boise, Idaho last week and ended up being exposed to the "joys" of U.S. 287 and Interstate 80.

Apparently, you Coloradans have never heard of the concept of six-lane super highways, given that U.S. 287 is an undeveloped two-lane road for most of its hundred miles.  And nobody knows how to drive on 287, I ended up in 3 near accidents as local morons tried to pass each other and swerve in and out of the opposite lane.

And to the people of Wyoming, they have this new invention called a "tunnel."  You can actually dig a hole through a mountain and put a freeway through it, rather than put the freeway on top of the mountains, where 70 MPH winds blast across the mountaintops.  

And they also have this new invention called the street light, which you can line the freeway with so that people can see the street at night without having to rely on your headlights.

God help you if your car breaks down on I-80 after dark.  You're literally walking 20 miles to the nearest gas station, frigid winds blasting the whole time, and the air is thin as fuck.

God help you if your car breaks down on I-80 after dark.  You're literally walking 20 miles to the nearest gas station, frigid winds blasting the whole time, and the air is thin as fuck.

That sentence being immediately followed by Blue Lives Matter is the best thing ever.

I had to call on clients in Loveland, CO, Laramie, WY, and Boise, Idaho last week and ended up being exposed to the "joys" of U.S. 287 and Interstate 80.

Apparently, you Coloradans have never heard of the concept of six-lane super highways, given that U.S. 287 is an undeveloped two-lane road for most of its hundred miles.  And nobody knows how to drive on 287, I ended up in 3 near accidents as local morons tried to pass each other and swerve in and out of the opposite lane.

And to the people of Wyoming, they have this new invention called a "tunnel."  You can actually dig a hole through a mountain and put a freeway through it, rather than put the freeway on top of the mountains, where 70 MPH winds blast across the mountaintops.  

And they also have this new invention called the street light, which you can line the freeway with so that people can see the street at night without having to rely on your headlights.

How'd Idaho...my kingdom...treat you?

How'd Idaho...my kingdom...treat you?

Much better.

Last time I passed through Wyoming I came upon three roadside "drive up" stores that tells you everything that you need to know about this fine State. They were: Fireworks, Guns, and Liquor. What the hell else do you need for a Saturday night? Well, I guess some meth could fit into the mix, but you pretty much have your essentials covered. Hunter S. Thompson would be proud.

Got rear ended while sitting at red light on my way to get All You Can Eat Sushi, tonight.  Guy claims his brakes "slipped" after he stopped, but whatever.  Not much damage probably just going to need a new paint job on the bumper and we're both AAA so it should be pretty smooth.

But really, worst of all, I was so bummed I couldn't bring my A game to the AYCE dinner.  Damn shame.

I work with a 30 year old child. Now, wait, don't say it. I know, I know, it's a radio station, this is to be expected. That part is correct, however this is a salesperson  who needs CONSTANT validation for every move she makes....EVERY MOVE.

Her: "J.R. are you busy?"

Me: "A little. What's up."

Her: "Can you look over every proposal I've written for the entire week and tell me if they are good. Also, how do you think I should approach the new sports bar in town. Also, what should my favorite color be. Also, do you think I should start dating again. Also..."

Me: "I'm actually a little busier than I thought..."

Her: (sitting on the floor of my studio) "It's ok....I just wait here."

Fuck...

So, I'm not the biggest arts and crafts guy around, so when my team wanted to pick a Halloween theme, I let them go ahead with it. They're currently voting and Game of Thrones is tied with "gypsy camp" for the lead. The latter theme as described is a mixture of ethnic stereotyping and Woodstock. This is why we can't have nice things!

• Like 2

Leaving politics out of it, I'll just say R.I.P. to the victims and this happens way too often.. and fuck that piece of shit too.

Leaving politics out of it, I'll just say R.I.P. to the victims and this happens way too often.. and fuck that piece of shit too.

Amen

Well said.

Fuck Untangling old 100 foot speaker wires.  5 different speakers that all have these gigantic neverending spools of the same colored wire.  All Christmased up and making me sweat in my own home in October.  Woe is me.  Can't find my goddamned wire stripper either so I need a new one.  Nail clippers ain't cuttin' it.  What a bunch of fiddly bullshit.  I got some banana plugs on goddamned order with some nice bigass b-tier sony bookshelf speakers, and a fresh spool of wire that I can just clip like 12 feet off of instead of this giant Buddy Guy guitar cable length shit.  I want to cannibalize as many good working speakers I already have. I'd still be using old huge wood cabinet speakers that probably had an old forgotten dope stash my dad left in it 40 years ago but they blew up. Ain't chintzy, it's thrifty.

Amen

Well said.

That and somehow the media needs to cover these without giving the psychos that commit them their full 15 minutes. I don't care about their photo or life story, and I think it only encourages the next one. How you do that is beyond me. . . .

• Like 1