DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

Jingus: You really need to try a good ***** lamb curry. The pain will be worth it, if it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger!

Proper curries are vegetarian anyways...the meat addition was something added by the western world.

My mate Jaz has said next time I'm in Birmingham, I'll have a cooking lesson with her - she can make any food taste brilliant with a couple of spices. I think it comes down to the precision of spices and the oil in which they're cooked.

Hankering for a proper indian curry - not that bangladeshi stuff you find in the restaurants.

Jingus: You really need to try a good ***** lamb curry. The pain will be worth it, if it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger!

Proper curries are vegetarian anyways...the meat addition was something added by the western world.
Y'all are not selling me on this! For one thing, I've got bad teeth so really spicy stuff is actively painful, like literally taking a swig of boiling coffee. And even before those went bad, I've never been able to handle real spices; for-real choking and gagging are just among the first symptoms, followed by sweating and stomach aches and sometimes vomiting. And even if I DO manage to keep it down, let's just say that my next reign upon the porcelain throne is indescribably awful. My body don't do spice, period. I even insist that Taco Bell leaves off their "medium" sauce on entrees it comes standard with.

When people ask me what I do at the IRS, I usually just smirk and say "don't worry, I'm not in the harassment department." Which for the most part is true. Today, though, it isn't. In response to a computer generated "hey, you need to file a 2012 return" letter, a taxpayer's family sent me a death certificate. Age 30, 2 kids and dead of an "intramural gunshot wound" about a week after he got the CG letter. So today I got to send a letter to the next of kin of a suicide, explaining that they have 30 days to file 3 tax returns for their son who killed himself less than six weeks ago, and for all I fucking know could have done it BECAUSE he got the first letter.

I would really like to go home now.

A hearty "eat a sack of dicks" award goes to some of the people I worked with at the old job I walked away from in June. Some of them will remain friends of mine. However, to the back-biting shit-heels that are saying I was fired or the ones that are saying they invented concepts or bits that I wrote and perfected, I hope your genitalia catches fire after a family of dear ticks falls asleep on said private bits while smoking.

I'm going to move to China.  I'm going to open two burger joints.  One is going to be geared more towards the locals and all the burgers are going to taste a lot like various authentic Chinese dishes.  But the other joint is going to be geared specifically towards Chinese foodies that are only interested in authentic American food.  Then they can tell their buddies how the pork fried rice burger they're eating isn't the shit that Americans really eat and their buddies can hate them for it.  You can also get an eggroll hot dog at the first joint as well. 

Yes, good sir. I do not neglect my grains and such, matter of fact, I am having a bowl of Grapenut Flakes even as I type this.

The omnivore thing cuts both ways, though, because the reason curries in some regions of India, (not all, seafood curries are popular in coastal regions,) are primarily vegetarian is due to the fact that meat is unavailable or unaffordable to much of the population.

I think if we look at cuisine historically, we'll find that most, if not all vegetarian dishes resulted because of expense and/or scarcity of meat, not because of choice. I can't think of any vegetarian dish that I've had that couldn't be improved by adding meat of some sort. That said, I only eat red meat once or twice a week, but if it's fish or fowl, it's gone as soon as I spot it.

I can't think of any vegetarian dish that I've had that couldn't be improved by adding meat of some sort.

Off the top of my head: oatmeal, mac & cheese, (I've had the versions with bacon. It's just salt-overkill,) elotes, gnocchi, saag paneer

I know a lot of people that prefer mac & cheese with ham in it vs plain.  Personally, the sight of mac & cheese gives me a very strong urge to barf (literally).  It's only been the last 5 years or so that I can even be in the same room with the stuff.

I can't think of any vegetarian dish that I've had that couldn't be improved by adding meat of some sort.

Off the top of my head: oatmeal, mac & cheese, (I've had the versions with bacon. It's just salt-overkill,) elotes, gnocchi, saag paneer

Yeah, bacon makes all those better...well I'm not sure about elotes and saag paneer, so I can't really say... and for the record, just what the hell is saag paneer and elotes anyways???

Leaving aside that I meant "main dishes" and not side items, all the stuff listed can hardly be called "vegetarian", there's that cheese thing, ya know.

Tabe: I absolutely hated mac & cheese until I experimented and made up my own. I use three cheeses and some salami and it is delicious. As for the cheeses, extra sharp cheddar, parmesan, romano, the latter two being toppings.

Leaving aside that I meant "main dishes" and not side items, all the stuff listed can hardly be called "vegetarian", there's that cheese thing, ya know.

Neither saag paneer nor oatmeal are side dishes, except in oversized American meals. Elotes, being street food, are a perfectly fine size.

And you've confused "vegetarian" with "vegan".

Saag paneer is an indian dish made of spinach and cheese, elotes are a mexican corn on the cob delicacy served as street food, and you sir are a culinary philistine unqualified to give directions on how to butter toast.

Meh.  Who needs butter when I can just throw bacon on that bitch!

Saag paneer is an indian dish made of spinach and cheese, elotes are a mexican corn on the cob delicacy served as street food, and you sir are a culinary philistine unqualified to give directions on how to butter toast.

So, elotes rubbed with bacon grease instead of butter wouldn't be an upgrade?