DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

And while we're on Justin Ross Harris, fuck her wife too ("thanks I already did" sez the peanut gallery). The freakozoid woman upon seeing her husband after his dumbass gets arrested asks him, "Did you say too much?" (OK, if you have to ask that, you obviously have something to do with it) and says she wouldn't 'bring her son back, even if she could' not to mention every reaction she had in response to her son's death was/is the opposite of normal. And she's nonplussed that her husband was sexting which a normal woman would have kicked his douchenozzle crappy dispatcher who lucked into a real job ass out.

But they are made for each other, so they'll both be in prison.

Hopefully not very long, after they get put in general population. . . .

Started driving a truck that used to belong to my dad.  It's in pristine condition for a 22 year old truck.  Only 68,000 + miles.  Looks showroom new.  Never had any serious repairs.  Never been driven on snow.  A week after I start driving it, it needs new bearings on the front passenger side.  A friend of mine who is a mechanic got the parts crazy cheap and did the work for me at my place, but it's the point that within a week I had to do something to it.

The woman I've been seeing on and off is finally proving too self centered and emotionally vacant for me.  As much as I know I need to walk away, and decided today that I am, it sucks because she's got a lot of great qualities.  We're just too different.  I care a great deal for her, so it hurts to let go.

Netflix is being a douche tonight. 

And so many expenses have come up to nickel and dime me this week. 

So overall, July of 2014 can already go fuck itself.

12 year old puked last night at 2 am. Ate too much dessert at BBQ. Did not make it to the toilet in time. Blueberry pie everywhere. Lots more too.

I am sure it was less amusing than the scene in Stand By Me.  Which had adolescents spewing everywhere.

Who needs any of that stuff? Detroiters can always hang out at American Jewelry & Loan. ;-)

Sad to hear SD is no longer a great deal of fun. Last time I was there was over a decade ago and I enjoyed the hell out of it. There was this one street that was pretty much all bars and bookstores... I could see myself living there...

They also have The Lucha Libre Taco Shop

Who needs any of that stuff? Detroiters can always hang out at American Jewelry & Loan. ;-)

Sad to hear SD is no longer a great deal of fun. Last time I was there was over a decade ago and I enjoyed the hell out of it. There was this one street that was pretty much all bars and bookstores... I could see myself living there...

why would you go to a mexican place that's well-known to tourists

like what the fuck are you even doing

oh man, do people think that restaurants that get on TV/in magazines are actually the good parts of a city

why would you go to a mexican place that's well-known to tourists

like what the fuck are you even doing

oh man, do people think that restaurants that get on TV/in magazines are actually the good parts of a city

Possibly being in the area and using Yelp to find good nearby restaurants.

"The Lucha Libre Taco shop" sounds appealing. That said, I had no problem whatsoever finding good grub in SD. Since I like real Mexican food (not the Tex-Mex crap that usually gets foisted off on people). I did what I always do when seeking an ethnic restaurant... Looking for a large number of Latinos chowing down at a place and sure 'nuff, worked just fine. I used to use the same trick to find good Thai or other Asian cuisines in Seattle. Usually involved asking Asian friends, where does the family go out to eat? Or even better, if you know someone in the biz, where do the kitchen workers go to eat?

My wife's friend at work had a Korean boyfriend, we asked him where he would go, (thinking he'd name his parent's restaurant), no, he picked a cousin's place). Menu wasn't in English and the food was just insanely good, and so MUCH of it... I paid the tab, with tip it was $40.00 for four of us and we couldn't walk. The couple split up not long after and I tried to find the place again and couldn't... Oh, well...

Oh yeah, screw Gallup for not having any decent Asian places. Our Chinese friends that own a restaurant watered everything down for the locals who seem to think that salt is an exotic spice. Food is tolerable but unbelievably bland.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, screw Gallup for not having any decent Asian places. Our Chinese friends that own a restaurant watered everything down for the locals who seem to think that salt is an exotic spice. Food is tolerable but unbelievably bland.

Do your Chinese friends serve things that aren't on the menu for Chinese diners?  Or do they have the "secret" Chinese menu that a bunch of white foodies with a sense of entitlement sometimes whine about not being allowed to order off of?

I like the bland stuff. My entire bodily constitution rebels like a Confederate if I introduce even the smallest amount of legitimately spicy stuff into my mouth, let alone swallowing the damn poison. I AM the entitled American who just wants a great big plate of sweet-and-sour chicken and not much else, and I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

I have no problem with catering to American tastes.  I despise the more extreme version of an authenticity fetish held by some hipster foodies.

Is that a thing?  "American-style" Chinese food is awesome and I'm astounded to learn anyone looks down on it. It has a near 200-year history.

Calling that inauthentic is, kind of ironically, quite provincial and pretty insulting to like ten generations of immigrants and their descendents.

Fuck food guys.

For those that dislike my elitism when it comes to food, "shut the fuck up and enjoy your chop suey." The sad thing about our friends' restaurant is that George (co-owner) knows his stuff in the kitchen. We did go there for a family reunion sort of thing and the restaurant was closed to the public and George did his thing in the kitchen. Absolutely wonderful. Trouble is, he feels the locals would complain, so he doesn't really get to do his thing all that often.

There are a ton of great places in Albuquerque, but that's a two-hour drive each way. (Probably worth it to have Italian at Scalo, but between $60 for gas and a tab of around $80-$100 for two, it is sort of a pricey proposition). Of course, my birthday is in about ten days... Hmm... The question becomes, "Do I want a nice set of two Ian Watson collections for $100, or do I want to eat my present?" You just know that the books will win out...

On second thought, there's a really great Indian restaurant in ABQ that two people can stuff themselves at for about $50 and have plenty to take home. I am very partial to a cuisine that involves throwing handfuls of spices into the mix as opposed to measuring out 1/4 tsps. like some sort of dainty Frenchman.

Jingus: You really need to try a good ***** lamb curry. The pain will be worth it, if it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger!

I have no problem with catering to American tastes.  I despise the more extreme version of an authenticity fetish held by some hipster foodies.

Is that a thing?  "American-style" Chinese food is awesome and I'm astounded to learn anyone looks down on it. It has a near 200-year history.

Calling that inauthentic is, kind of ironically, quite provincial and pretty insulting to like ten generations of immigrants and their descendents.

Fuck food guys.

It's a thing.  There are some people who look down on fusion cooking, especially if you can characterize it as "Americanized".  A typical complaint is that Americanized food is sweeter and less spicy than "authentic" food. 

It's not limited to Chinese.  There are those who criticize Americanized pizza that would make actual Italians in Italy cringe.  There are those who insist that ramen and sushi should be uber-traditional, ignoring that the Japanese can be quite innovative with these forms.  There are those who scoff at Tex-Mex and only want "real" Mexican food.

Loose Cannon: There aren't enough Chinese people in Gallup to make it worthwhile for our friends to have a "special menu". There's another place on the outskirts of town that's pretty decent for Cantonese style, but my tastes run to spicier fare. I really miss the little Thai dive in Seattle, where I could get stuff the way the girls that owned the joint made it at home. I also miss the Thai-ger Room on University Ave. Went there with a bunch of other writers during the World Horror Convention and my buddy from Wales actually challenged me to eat ***** Phad Thai with him. Imagine, a Welshman taking me on in a spicy food challenge... Poor lad turned green about three bites in. I finished mine (of course), and topped it off with peppered squid. Good stuff.

This reminds me, I need to go get some more ghost chilies.

Oh yeah, put me down as one who doesn't much care for Tex-Mex. Real Mexican food should involve seafood, after all, the country is surrounded by water. Also, I am very innovative with rice or ramen noodles, a staple of the diet as it were. Oh, and I like American pizza (as long as anchovies are present).

OSJ - Foodie and damn proud of it.