DVDVR Message Board

A DRAGON AGE THREAD

RIPPA

To be honest - I am realizing now that I might have deleted all my DA2 saves when I was purging my HD to make room for Destiny.

Yes - that is how much I hated that game

• 3 weeks later...

I am back in on Dragon Age I guess. Going through Origins right now, already completed Broken Circle. I already know the way I'm going to play the game, and have my things all set up in the Keep, just in case. Not sure when I'm getting the game, but if anyone else is getting it on 360, I think we will need to set up a multiplayer group ala Mass Effect.

Will be nice to get Dragon Age off my pile of shame. Might be the worst one on it.

I finally managed to find my Origins disk, and I've played a little here and there.  I have almost no memory of the game, which is actually kind of nice.

I pre-ordered for PS4, which I guess means I should probably get off my ass and go get a PS4 now.  If there are a bunch of folks interested on 360 multiplayer, I might be tempted to pick up a copy just for that.

So is anyone else getting this for the PS3?

I am, since I don't have a current gen and my computer can't handle it. PSN is JLSigman (so original, I know). I probably won't be doing any multiplayer until at least one single player run-through.

God - I realized just this AM that I am going to need to buy Mass Effect just for the PC so I can play it and then send the save to Jenn so she can finally play ME2 and ME3 (with the much better controls)

Then she too can learn that Dragon Age is so the red-headed Bioware step-child :-)

• Like 1

Yep, totally did the Mexico Origin thing and got this for 42 bucks on PC. I considered digital deluxe but it just looked like a bunch of extra bullshit that you won't give a shit about 4 hours into the game.

Then I tried to do that DA Keep thing and just gave up.  The whole way the website works is flighty on firefox and chrome and I just really don't give a shit about filling out an hour long survey that might fuck up near the end and reset.  The animated story thing was good for catching up on what they thought were the important parts.

What I actually remember from Origins: My first warden was a regular ass male human noble. Old ladies had ugly faces and pert breasts. Werewolves in a forest. There was this part with a huge wheel where you had to put in a combination with your party members. I used a mod to always have my dog as an extra party member.  I used a mod so I could bash treasure chests.  Shale was a woman.  You fight a big dragon at the end and shoot it with a ballista. I did the warden lives ending.  People always mention the fade.  That was the part where you go in the possessed kids dream right?  You turned into a rat and there were like teleporting doors?  It was just another part of the game in my indifferent recollection.

Things I remember from DA2: Party members only had like two different armors for the whole game.  TONS of junk loot and inane fetch quests where you just talk to someone and apparently you picked up a turd on the ground somewhere 3 hours previously.  Wave based enemy encounters where they warp in behind you.  Fucking idiotic murder mystery subplot and the last two bosses stank on ice mechanically and narratively.  Game holds Guinness world record for most use of the word "Viscount".  I played on PS3 and didn't get any of that Hawke slow down shit.

So is anyone else getting this for the PS3?

I am, since I don't have a current gen and my computer can't handle it. PSN is JLSigman (so original, I know). I probably won't be doing any multiplayer until at least one single player run-through.

Nice, PSN is Eivion-Thanotos. I probably won't dip into the MP until I'm a decent bit into the single player run as well.

So, just to push the thread forward, I've been reading reviews, and the general consensus is this game will eat hours of your life like candy. It's huge, the fighting mechanics are strong, characters are Bioware characters, and in general it's a really strong game.

Curious what you guys are planning to build your characters around? I think I'm starting with my standard: Elf Rogue, Dual Weapon Wielder.

Also - from what everyone is saying - Freddie Prinze Jr might have really found his calling as a voice actor

I mean I irrationally hate him and by proxy James Vega but I have seen nothing but praise for his work on Iron Bull