DVDVR Message Board

A DRAGON AGE THREAD

RIPPA

No one is sure if that is supposed to be Alistair or a default Warden Commander from Origins. The big sup[rise is that Hawke from DA2 is in. there had been talks of Hawke and the Hero of Ferelden appearing in some manner, but nothing concrete until now. It actually a bigger appearance than expected going off of the trailer.

Mike Laidlaw has said on Twitter it's not your Warden from DA:O, just a Grey Warden. Almost looks like Alistair, tho...

It is starting to look like a hack and dash, to be honest.

So, more like Diablo than DA you mean? No shade, just trying to understand.

I do think the fact that they've focused on the pretty and not on the story is starting to work against them.

• 2 weeks later...

So originally it sounded like if you were switching over from a 360/PS3 to the Xbone/PS4 you would not be able to transfer your save files and instead have to use the Keep to re-create your Warden/Hawke on the next gen systems, but with this video it seems that the Keep reads your 360/PS3 save file and then imports it onto the PS4/Xbone.

• 1 month later...

I must once more ask: Wasn't this once an RPG?

Is it an RPG? Yes.

Is it a turn-based or strategy based RPG? No.

It is Elder Scrolls: Skyrim but with more companions.

This game may get my money by virtue of the announcement that the Hero can be a Horned Qunari.

• Like 1

What they have shown of the character creator is pretty nice. Your Qunari can even have broken horns.

That reminds me - I wanted to post this video because I thought it did a really good job summing up that long ass presentation about the character creation (and some of the extra stuff)

There will be much rejoicing now that Elf ears don't look like they are stapled to the side of your head.

I cannot get this game.  I could literally spend hours designing a Qunari.

I still need to play through Origins, and I have faith that I can get this for cheap in a few months due to the EA/Bioware connection.

It's free on PC if you have an origin account.

I have the extended version or whatever it's called on 360 in my backlog pile.

For some reason I had been under the assumption that it was only available for next-gen systems so when Jenn told me what a dope I was earlier this week I realized that the potential for me getting the game rose.

Of course now I have to ask - I know on the next-gen systems they are just offering that check box system to allow you to carry over your choices. But for the 360 and PS3 - are they doing that or is it reading old saves?

That - funnily enough - might be the deal breaker for me since I don't want it reading my old saves since I never finished DA2 and I hated some of the choices I accidentally made.

You're talking about Dragon Age Keep. Inquisition won't read old saves on any system. You actually have to use the Keep for a customized world state. I do believe the Keep itself does read your old saves and allow you to go back and change things from there.

I definitely don't trust that it'll be a good game, but I'm gonna be stupid enough to pre-order it anyway.  Loved origins, and didn't completely hate DA2, as broken and crappy as it was.

Have you checked out the various gameplay vids yet?

Of course now I have to ask - I know on the next-gen systems they are just offering that check box system to allow you to carry over your choices. But for the 360 and PS3 - are they doing that or is it reading old saves?

That - funnily enough - might be the deal breaker for me since I don't want it reading my old saves since I never finished DA2 and I hated some of the choices I accidentally made.

I'm in the beta for the Keep, so I can't say much, but the only thing it really reads from your old saves is the race/gender of your various characters. Everything else can be set up as you like. You don't even have to have a save in order to make world states.