DVDVR Message Board

Your All Purpose Anime Thread

J.H.

Yeah.  Perfect Blue punches you in the stomach as hard as it ever did.  Now I remember why it's taken me so long to revisit it.

Next time I decide to watch something from my stash while eating dinner, I'll pick something a bit more upbeat.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, everyone was right about Aerial.  It'll be interesting to see how soon they explain stuff, like

Spoiler

is Suletta a clone?  Why did the mom make Eri into the bits?  Was she dying or was it just because she had natural ability to control the bits at a young age?

(I still wonder if they're just going to make it two seasons instead of a 50+ episode show)

Well they're calling this block of 11 episodes "Season 2", so I'm guessing if they follow normal Gundam, we're getting 50ish episodes, and if they leave it open, a second series (the ending of IBO was about as final as you could get, so no sequel).  As for the spoiler:

Spoiler

I'm going with Suletta is a clone, unless Prospera was pregnant with Suletta during the prologue, and Eri actually *IS* Aerial.  Mom being the Char clone doesn't appear to be coiencidental.  I'm guessing the climax is going to be Suletta rebelling against Prospera and the GUND stuff and Prospera ending up using a totally broken Guel or whichever Eren clone we're on for a yet unseen Gundam for the final battle.

I'm also kinda shocked they killed off one of the Earthers already.

See, I would think it'd be more than 2 seasons since normally there's a mid-series Gundam upgrade (and I don't think Aerial Rebuild really qualifies as such since it's just a flight pack and a new beam rifle).  But with the revelations in this week's ep I'm not sure if that would be possible...

They could be following the UC pattern where there isn't an upgrade.  And honestly it took 00 and IBO about 20 episodes before they lit the world on fire, so I can see this going further.  I don't think they'd do a "Main Line" Gundam that wasn't in the 50 episode neighborhood.

• 2 weeks later...

Witch from Mercury:

Spoiler

Welp, as far as Char clones go, Prospera is pretty much dead on.

Now, is Sulsetta a "bit" or a full on clone?

And now the question is did Prospera merge Eri into Lfrith out of need or want for revenge?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You think that's something?

The Jaoanese opening song for GI Joe is so not what you're used to. Hell, the Ninja Turtles opening (inckuding the batshit crazy Japanese only season) still weirds me out!

I mean, we are all familiar with those X-Men openings and "CRY FOR THE MOOOOOOOOOON!"

James

On 6/11/2023 at 2:05 PM, Raziel said:

Witch from Mercury:

Looks like like they hit the accelerator on wrapping this up within 25.  Now next week can we see Suletta's new suit?

If it's the Caliba(r)n, it's a weird choice to introduce a new MS for the main character at such a late time.  One would think Bamco would have revealed it earlier for merchandising purposes.  I think it might be more of a one and done and Suletta winds up back in Aerial at the end.

Considering how closely Witch is tied into The Tempest, Suletta is absolutely getting the Calibarn.  Now, the final showdown seems to be either Suletta in the Caliibarn vs. Prospera in the Aerial, Suletta vs Lauda in the Scharzette in a bit of a side rip like they did in Unicorn, or if Suletta and Prospera pull a Gundam swap like Heero and Zechs did in Wing.