DVDVR Message Board

Your All Purpose Anime Thread

J.H.

So considering Pilaf and his minions took up residence at Capsule Corp., does Bulma remember that they are the ones who gave her a hard time when she was in her teens?  Or does she not care since they are behaving themselves? 

On 3/3/2018 at 7:48 PM, John Austin said:

Dammit! DBS

Reveal hidden contents

I'm sitting here thinking this is it! Nope. One more week. This has got to be the longest 8 minutes a fight has gone lol

And maybe it's just me i was expecting Frieza at one point to make an appearance. Maybe at the end. 

Spoiler

Freeza is cooking something up. This has to end with him alive.

15 hours ago, Victator said:

My belief is she does not recognize them since they should be pretty old by this point. Also after various aliens, androids and taffy monsters, they probably don't stand out. 

She's a brilliant scientist, not borderline retarded like Goku. How could you forget an irritating imp like Pilaf? 

She remembers Jaco for instance.

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

She's a brilliant scientist, not borderline retarded like Goku. How could you forget an irritating imp like Pilaf? 

She remembers Jaco for instance.

Well he has been deaged and in Dragon World is not that unique. It could be as you said she recognizes them and doesn't care. But if she knows Mai, she would not like a 42 year old woman dating her son. But they lead weird lives. 

My question is, how did Mai meet Mirai Trunks? They were deaged in that timeline before Piccolo died  That or she keeps well. 

17 minutes ago, Victator said:

Well he has been deaged and in Dragon World is not that unique. It could be as you said she recognizes them and doesn't care. But if she knows Mai, she would not like a 42 year old woman dating her son. But they lead weird lives. 

My question is, how did Mai meet Mirai Trunks? They were deaged in that timeline before Piccolo died  That or she keeps well. 

Are you sure they were de-aged in that timeline?  That might've been her just naturally growing up from her current state. 

56 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Are you sure they were de-aged in that timeline?  That might've been her just naturally growing up from her current state. 

She was about 25 at the start of Dragon Ball? So I think she would have to be. Especially if you count GT in any fashion. 

38 minutes ago, Victator said:

She was about 25 at the start of Dragon Ball? So I think she would have to be. Especially if you count GT in any fashion. 

I think I meant re-aged, sorry.  But my assumption was they got de-aged into children, and in future Trunks timeline, she just grew into an adult again. But it seems there are a lot of continuity issues like this throughout Dragon Ball lore. 

Oh we got our wires crossed. Yeah I meant that Mai just re aged to a young adult. 

Something in my crawl are fans who say the series should have ended after Cell. It irritates me for a few reasons. 

1. Buu is my favorite arc in the series and everyone got a satisfying conclusion. I know some people wanted Gohan to save the day. But I think the point was he is not Goku. He has his own life and its not fighting. Super has done a good job the last arc dealing with the internal conflict Gohan has with being a fighter, being a scholar and having a family.*

2. I personally rank Cell fairly low on the Dragon Ball arcs. It is ahead of Red Ribbon and Pilaf. But I felt parts of the Androids arc was a not fun slog to get thru. 

3. Cell gets this lionizing strictly because it is when the series really took off in America. In Japan he is not as popular as Freeza or Buu. 

That said I love all things Dragon Ball. I would murder any one of you (except Matt and maybe Brian) to preserve the Boss Rabbit episode. So its not that I hate Cell, which really picked up once Toriyama got his old editor back and introduced Mister Satan. It is just a part of the fanbase I dislike. Its never "I don't care for this." it is, "I want it to have never existed."

* I love that Gohan married into a family that knows how amazing he already is and not on the potential of what he might be. 

• Like 1

Meanwhile... this week's Overlord reveals that Princess Renner is... kinda... crazy

Good stuff with Sebas, Brain and Climb. I look forward to new episodes every week when it comes to Overlord!

James

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Cell is my least fave villain in all of DB. Give me Frieza  and Taopaipai anyday!

Jamrd

Those are my favorites. A poll in Japan had Tao rank higher than Cell in list of characters people wanted in the Tournament. 

Wait, people actually thought Cell was better than Freiza or Buu?  I mean, the Cell arc was great for Gohan's going SSJ2, but outside of that, the Buu arc smoked it every which way.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Raziel said:

Wait, people actually thought Cell was better than Freiza or Buu?  I mean, the Cell arc was great for Gohan's going SSJ2, but outside of that, the Buu arc smoked it every which way.

Its more in America and a few other regions. Most of the world he is behind Frieza and Buu in the big three. 

Well the war is in full swing in Gran Crest Senki and already bodies are starting to pile up. For a guy they've given little screen time to, they sure made Solon extremely charismatic and likable. I really thought The Palace of The Sea would be. more impressive to look at, not that it didn't kick ass in battle. I guess now we wait and see if Alexis comes to Villar's aid or not. I get the feeling we are getting a replay of Fahn/Beld duel from Lodoss War only this time we'll get Villar and Mirzar in a duel to end the fighting. I don't know if I'm right or not since I haven't read the light novels, but I wouldn't be shocked if Mizuno repeated himself.

James

• Like 2

So remember me saying Princess Renner in Overlord II was only "kinda crazy"?
Yeah, fuck that she totally fuckin nuts. They took the whole concept of a heroic pirincess trying ot do good for her people and turned it on its fucking ear. Sweet crap I love this show!

James

• Like 1

Well hell re: DBS

Spoiler

I figured Frieza would play a part towards the end, I didn't expect the return of 17. Especially after his epic sacrifice. They've been doing a great job of showing the unity of the group and what they'e fighting for. 

With the episodes being like 22 minutes I don't know how they'e going to get through everything next week. But I'm excited.