Galilei Donna

Valvrave 2

Maybe:

Nagi no Asukara

Walkure Romanze

BLAZBLUE ALTER MEMORY

Samurai Flamenco

Unbreakable Machine-doll

Finished up the summer season of shows.Attack on Titan - By far my favorite anime this year. Could drag just a tad at times, but was mostly well paced with action and drama.Blood Lad - Sort of average action show but generally fun.Dangan Ronpa - Never reached the height I was hoping, but it was decent overall.Day Break Illusion - Crappy designs and weak writing kept it from ever becoming anything impressive. Technically ok series despite that, just nothing too fun or memorable.Dog and Scissors - Ridiculous but a fun comedy overall.Eccentric Family - Fun, well written, and different from the norm. Pretty good show I and characters I would like to see more of.Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya - Fun show that offers something weird and different from the usual Fate series.Free - Decent sports anime.Gatchaman Crowds - Good show with a different style and feel from the usual, possibly even a bit of a deconstruction of its genre. Ends on solid note though not terribly excitign one. Good show.Hakkenden S2 - More of the same of hat the first season pretty much with it mostly being set up and a quick conflict with the main bad guy at the end. I enjoyed nonetheless.High School DxD S2 - Ridiculous and fun as ever despite its general perversion.Kirino Mosiac - Ok time killer. Had its fun and sweet moments.Majestic Prince - Really solid show overall though it never quite reached a certain level of drama I think it wanted to.Makai Ouji - It was ok.Mushibugyo - Odd but fun show.Rozen Maiden - Nothing special but I enjoyed it. It was nice getting to see the actual plot played out. Things felt a bit more right than what I can recall from the series before it.Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - This is a ridiculous show with not so great writing and somehow managing to make every episode sans the lats one a cliffhanger. Its really not a good show but I liked it.Servant x Servant - It really was Working! with civil servants. That said it did push a bit more of plot so I enjoyed a little more with the relationship established and progress made on the main romance.Silver Spoon - Never thought a show about farming could interest me this much. This was another highlight from the season doing well with building up its characters and growing the protagonist.Stella C3 - Enjoyed it though it was nothing too memorable.Sunday Without God - Loved the first and last arcs. The middle was a bit weak though the overall world and exploration was quite nice. Really dug this one, one of the better shows this summer.Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S - The greater emphasis and detail on the Sisters arc was great and the last arc was fun enough with Misaka seemingly growing a bit. Loved it.The World Only God Knows S3 - Great stuff with things finally coming together for a big plot. I only wish it didn't focus so much on my least favorite girl in Chihiro. Another up there for me as a favorite for the season and year.Will talk new shows of the fall tomorrow.

Yes Its a good show, but I'm not sure why they decided to use the Gatchaman name for it considering everything they did with it.

I wasn't as enamored with Kill La Kill as others though I did enjoy it. It definitely has potential to be one of the better show this season.

So far I'm about 8 shows into the fall season.

Coppelion - I was honestly a little bored this first episode though there is enough there with the set up to keep me watching.

Kyokai no Kanata - Nothing too interesting plot wise, but I enjoyed protagonist and his interactions with his best friend and the female lead. Seems like it could be a decently fun show.

Yu-sibu - The English title for this is ridiculously long and bullshit for being used. This reminded me of the Devil is Part Timer. Unfortunately it isn't nearly fun or interesting. Its just kind of there with none of the comedy really hitting home.

Infinite Stratos 2 - Generally uninteresting return that seems to be more about slipping the audience into a certain level of comfort the first episode back. The opening scene and scenes towards the end of the episode do seem to point to some potentially good things happening later on.

Nagi no Asukara - Some strange show about humans who live in the sea interacting with people on land. Will probably be a solid if not outright good show, just not certain I'm interested in continuing as its not story that usually does much for me.

Miss Monochrome - Short about some of female android/cyborg? trying to become an idol. It did nothing for me.

Strike the Blood - I'm really liking the protagonist at the moment and the plot seems potentially interesting. So far its probably the show I have enjoyed the most.

Damn, they made a new Gatchaman show?  I have to watch this now!

Except, of course, it's Gatchaman in name only...

Watched the first episode of Kill La Kill.  DEFINITELY at least the must see show of the fall season.

LOL yup, boy was I thrown for a loop after watching that drug trippy first episode.

Been watching more of the new season.

Golden Time - Not entirely sure what I think of it yet. Its somewhat amusing so far though I already kind of hate the female lead.

Log Horizon - Similar plot to SAO. Not sure if it will have the same level of drama as its focused a bit more on the technical aspects right now. Its decent so far.

Little Busters Refrain - Picked up right where it left off and started and seemingly ended the shortest story arc in the series with Yuiko murdering a poor door to make a point.

Outbreak Company - An otaku/NEET acting as an ambassador, teaching a parallel world about anime. Its ridiculous but has potential.

Freezing Vibration - Didn't start off too bad with some rewritten and added material to ease people back in. I do dislike that they skipped a major arc that was important to Satellizer's character.

Tokyo Ravens - Ok first episode. Doesn't really reveal enough for me to say much yet.

Unbreakable Machine Girl - Don't think this will turn out to be anything great as th eplot doesn't seem too impressive at the moment, but I dug the first episode.

Magi S2 - Started almost literally where it left. Good start back continuing to build the world and its characters.

Wanna Be the Strongest in the World - The story is a bit on the standard side, but decent enough. Its a bit too fan service heavy though and the action was boring. Will probably drop after another period or two.

Gingitsune - Solid

Walkure Romanze - Kind of average though ok.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Not sure what I think of it though the setting is interesting enough to hold my interest for at least a few more episodes.

Kyousougiga TV - Weird but solid intro to the cast and world.

Just a few more news shows to check out.

I've enjoyed KILL LA KILL so far, what with its obvious homage to 70s  sports and High school anime. Episode 2 was pretty much "Ace o Nerae" if it was written by Atsushi Onita in 1994

James

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I didn't see it mentioned here, Toonami is doing movies this month, they ran Akira last weekend, they're running Summer Wars this weekend, following week is Full Metal Alchemist:  The Conqueror of Shamballa and then 12/28 Trigun Badlands Rumble

On an anime kick right now, so I've got several shows on the pile to watch over the winter.  Nothing too recent.  Sold old favorites (both versions of FMA, the Ghost in the Shell TV) and some recent-ish stuff I've never quite gotten to.

Watching Soul Eater right now and liking it a whole lot more than I thought I would.  Only about 24 episodes in.  The kishin just got released.  Wow, the last six or so eps took the show in a darker direction. 

I do love that they gave a decent explanation for Death having a cartoonish mask and manner. and talking in a ridiculous, high-pitched voice.  And that he uses a different voice in battle, then goes back to the other.

Probably watch Steiin's Gate after I finish Soul Eater.

Is Attack on Titan worth the time?  It's piqued my interest.  Thinking of watching it soon.

You ca nget sucked into Attack On Titan very easily, even if you realize how overly melodramatic it is

and FML... Gatchaman CROWDS isn't awful, its just it has the Gatchaman name on something that deserves its own name

James

I would say Attack on Titan is worth it if you're fine with a cliffhanger ending.  I'm a bit shocked that they haven't already announced a second season, although they might just be waiting for the manga to finish.

(Note though that the first season ending is somewhat different from the manga...)

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a copy of Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig for Christmas.  As I watched the first disc, I got that same feeling I get when I start watching something like Princess Mononoke: like visiting with an old friend that tells you the same stories every time you get together, but you still can't help but be excited to hear them again.  I have the rest of the week off, so I'll finish the series pretty quickly.

Next up: either Soul Eater or Fairy Tail on Netflix... I haven't decided which yet, though.

I'd recommend Soul Eater over Fairy Tail, for what it's worth.

Love Ghost in the Shell SAC.  Like the first season better than 2nd Gig, but together, they're probably my personal favorite.  Planning to rewatch both seasons sometime this year.

Watched half of Monster then gave up.  Probably the third time I've watched the first 30-40 eps, then lost interest.  Monster in incredibly frustrating for me.  So many people love and it's the sort of anime I want more of (adult protagonists, mature themes, no wacky anime comedy, etc.), but I find the actual show sort of average.  Large chunks of it seem sort of meandering and the characters don't really hook me aside from maybe Nina.  Seems like there's something like 26+ episodes worth of material stretched out over 70+ episodes.

Watching Broken Blade now.  May finally watch FMA: Brotherhood after that. 

I haven't watched Fairy Tale yet, although its in my queue.  I recommend Soul Eater though, although I really wish it stuck to the Manga after Episode 27, but since the Manga *just* finished up and the show aired 5 years ago, I can forgive it.

Soul Eater might've had one of the best soundtracks around.  The character inserts (especially Black Star's battle theme) were outstanding. 

Watched half of Monster then gave up.  Probably the third time I've watched the first 30-40 eps, then lost interest.  Monster in incredibly frustrating for me.  So many people love and it's the sort of anime I want more of (adult protagonists, mature themes, no wacky anime comedy, etc.), but I find the actual show sort of average.  Large chunks of it seem sort of meandering and the characters don't really hook me aside from maybe Nina.  Seems like there's something like 26+ episodes worth of material stretched out over 70+ episodes.

I'm glad it wasn't just me.  I loved the concept of Monster, but it just seemed to drag on and on and I made it halfway through the series until I found myself watching something else and never returned to finish it.

I highly recommend FMA Brotherhood, but I'm a huge FMA fan.  One of my favorite series in both it's forms.

And I'll hit up Soul Eater as well.  Thanks guys!

One think I do gotta say, for as good as Netflix is for a lot of stuff, their Anime selection is shit.

Is there a good place to get a good selection of Anime Online that's not subject to shitty translations/bad quality uploads like most of the stuff on YouTube?