DVDVR Message Board

Your All Purpose Anime Thread

J.H.

Recordings like that are put on outtakes on YouTube and such. They've been around for years. I saw some filthy outtakes for Fairy Tail's latest season passed around Twitter not long ago.

I've been to a lot of conventions and raunchy jokes such as this are nothing new. Sorry people. Voice-over actors tend to have filthy mouths.

They are goofing around and making tasteless jokes. Do you want to fire them and ban them from the industry over filthy jokes?

Edited by TheVileOne

Kamen Rider 01 Episode 1 - Its like W and FAIZ had a kid in terms of the tone and plot points but fuck if I'm not digging it. Ity has the MOST elaborate 1 st Henshin for a Kamen Rdier EVER~!

James

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Pokemon anime reboot?

I will not give a shit about the anime until they set it up in a way that has the trainer, and format changing every 50 episodes. Also 4, or 5 Pokemon die from injuries suffered from fights each series. Kids got to know about the horrors of Pokémon battles.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

The Great Texas Anime Shitshow of 2019 finally hit trial. Judge dismissed 15 counts as SLAPP suits, extricating Jamie Marchi entirely as well as all claims of tortious interference (it's hard to prove interference with contracts with cons if said contracts were all handshake). 30 days to rule on the remaining defamation claims, plus the civil conspiracy claims that can't even be considered til after the defamation. It looks like Mignona should probably have insisted on a litigator instead of an estates-and-trusts guy who doesn't do court...

• Like 2

I didn't know it was possible to have a more incompetent legal team than Chris Amann's for the Punk defamation trial. 

Anyway, those aforementioned DBZ leaks came out as a way to bolster Mignogna's defense in the eyes of his religiously loyal fans even though the filthy audio outtakes that are probably like over a decade old at this point really have nothing to do with allegations made against Vic Mignogna. 

Not to mention those outtakes were recorded in private and never meant to be released to the public and were never put out publicly, like say James Gunn's dirty tweets and blog posts about superheroes that got him in trouble and temporarily fired from Marvel.

EDIT:

to avoid getting discussion too off-track here:

Crunchyroll now has a majority stake of VIZ Media Europe

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/crunchyroll-viz-media-europe-majority-stake-1203325533/

Seasons 2 and 3 of Shield hero are coming.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/09/01-1/shield-hero-season-2-3-announced-at-crunchyroll-expo-panel

Edited by TheVileOne

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Also, it makes me hopeful that outfits like Crunchyroll will continue co-financing other shows or series in the future. 

That feels like a given especially with companies wanting first crack at shows.

• Like 1

If someone would consider co-financing three seasons and getting first crack at other isekai such as The Eminence in Shadow (or To Be a Power in the Shadows) and Skeleton Knight, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Does any site currently have streaming rights for Steam Detectives? 

Had a hankering to watch it. 

It's not on Hulu, Vrv or Funimation so sadly the answer is no. Looks like TRSI is cleaning the final disc for a buck but doesn't have the rest.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 8:12 AM, turk128 said:

Has anyone been watching Carole & Tuesday?

I totally overlooked it because I thought it was yet another idol anime but I heard it's from the Cowboy Bebop peeps.

We watched the first four episodes tonight. I've never seen an idol anime in my life (I think the closest to it would either be a Macross or the Two-Mix White Reflection video), but we enjoyed it a lot. It's very neat to go back to a world like Bebop's and to see it in a totally different genre, so wildly removed from what you're used to. It's heartfelt with lots of little moments/reactions.

• Like 1

Been going through a Gundam binge the past month, and a half. So far Quess Paraya, and Hathaway Noa are the two most awful human beings in the Universal Century. Worse than the three main characters of Gundam NT combined. 

Overall moral of the Gundam UC timeline... Teenagers that want to fuck are extremely dangerous. So beware of them, and especially the ones who possess Newtype abilities. Doubly so if they are the Cyber type.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 1

This is likely the anime isekai everyone has been waiting for. From the creator of Konosuba, a pro wrestler gets transported to another world. But instead of suplexing the demon world he refuses to fight his minions because they look like dogs and he's an animal lover. So the pro wrestler decides to open up a pet shop in another world.

The first 3 episodes of Kamen Rider 01 have damn fun, especially with the debut of Kamen Rider VALKYRIE Rushing Cheetah form!
The color scheme is such a tribute to Dekaranger's DekaSwan that it is impossible for me to not love it!

James

Edited by J.H.