DVDVR Message Board

Your All Purpose Anime Thread

J.H.

33 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

The time of Guts is over. The time of Goblin Slayer is at hand. The new premiere byronic hero of anime.

Did... did someone say goblins?! (meme intensifies)

Between this adaptation and the Hinamatsuri adapt, the future is bright.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Think medieval Batman who is OK with killing and you get the idea.

Not just killing, think if Dexter became Batman, kill off any Bruce Wayne there was in him, and his thirst for vengeance defined him 100%. And he somehow doesn't come off like a douchebag Azrael is the truly most miraculous part of the whole story. The other miracle being he's not infallible, if anything, he's the most flawed of everyone yet the most justified.

He's the MC we needed, yet not deserve.

• Like 1

Wow DBS 131 I didn't expect

Spoiler

17 to be the sole survivor. Goku and Frieza team up to eliminate Jiren and Universe 7 wins. 

17 wishes for all the universes to be revived and ends up with his cruise.

Toppo basically stated the rest of the team forgives Jiren for what he said during the tournament and when they meet Universe 7 again they will defeat them. 

Whis removes Frieza's halo and says he's not changing and brings back his army. 

And Goku and Vegeta fight after Pan accidentally hits Vegeta in the head. With Goku saying he can't bring back Ultra Instinct. 

I didn't know how they were going to do it. But I'm happy with how they got there.

• Like 2

This week's ep was definitely the last ep before the long hiatus/cancellation, right?  I've been waiting for the last ep to air before I watch the last handful of eps.

I've consistently heard 131 was the finale, but I"m not certain if that was confirmed or just speculation.  Since I haven't heard anything different, I assume the show is over (for now)?

Spoiler

I loved the Super finale, even if it was a little cramped, I thought it ended on a nice note. Jiren had a full character arc. With Goku and Freeza working together to defeat him, driving home the idea that trust has the most power. Then realizing that he had friends the entire time. 

With how 17 worded the wish, Zamasu and Trunks original timeline was restored. It will probably never come up. But they have that in their back pocket now.

7 hours ago, Victator said:
  Hide contents

He saved the universe, they owe him one.

They owe him nothing. It's the least he could do for all the atrocities he committed. He destroyed an entire planet and nearly drove all the Namekians to genocide. 

Spoiler

Goku being cool with Frieza getting an army and trying to take over again because it means Goku will get to fight some more is the most Goku thing evah!  Seriously, why would anyone think he wouldn't be cool with that?  When in DB Super has Goku done anything that would lead to less fighting.  He wanted to fight the mailman dude during the first tourney just for shits and giggles even though Beerus told him that would lead to a disaster (Beerus was lying, of course, but Goku didn't know that).

I'm surprised the ending wasn't Goku offering to train Freiza so he can get stronger for Goku to fight with.

Spoiler

Freeza could have just stayed in hell. He had his terms and Goku kept his word. Without Freeza U7 was gone. If they had to use Yamcha or God forbid, Chiaotzu, U7 would have lost. He is alive and been warned, which in terms of a Shonen anime is considered dealt with. Thinking about it more. It was Whis and Beerus who brought him back to life fully. The choice was taken from Goku. 

DZJvBwxVMAAbGUM.jpg:large

• Like 2

I mean, Beerus deleted whole worlds because he didn't like the food... and didn't Toriyama basically insinuate that Frieza destroyed planet Vegeta b/c Beerus told him to?

I don't think he cares what Frieza does.

• Like 1

I mean, it's established that even at their new power levels, they're still not near Whis and Beerus, so it's not like Beerus can't snap his fingers and send Frieza out of existance again.

5 hours ago, Raziel said:

I mean, it's established that even at their new power levels, they're still not near Whis and Beerus, so it's not like Beerus can't snap his fingers and send Frieza out of existance again.

It was said Beerus is kind of weary of fighting Goku and Vegeta at the same time now. But yeah Beerus could destroy Freeza anytime he wants. 

On 3/25/2018 at 9:18 PM, Victator said:
  Hide contents

Freeza could have just stayed in hell. He had his terms and Goku kept his word. Without Freeza U7 was gone. If they had to use Yamcha or God forbid, Chiaotzu, U7 would have lost. He is alive and been warned, which in terms of a Shonen anime is considered dealt with. Thinking about it more. It was Whis and Beerus who brought him back to life fully. The choice was taken from Goku. 

DZJvBwxVMAAbGUM.jpg:large

Still pretty much not OK to me. Even if Goku is a meathead.

Spoiler

Well let's be honest, has Freeza killed more people than Vegeta? Or more evil than Piccolo Daimao? Dragon Ball has always had a theme of redemption underneath the fighting. Battle Of Gods even had that as its coda  That something about Goku and Earth brought the best out even the worst. Freeza is still evil, but he seems different than he was. And hell he might be a stabilizing influence in his part of space. 

2 hours ago, Victator said:
  Hide contents

Well let's be honest, has Freeza killed more people than Vegeta? Or more evil than Piccolo Daimao? Dragon Ball has always had a theme of redemption underneath the fighting. Battle Of Gods even had that as its coda  That something about Goku and Earth brought the best out even the worst. Freeza is still evil, but he seems different than he was. And hell he might be a stabilizing influence in his part of space. 

This is pretty accurate.  See: Buu, Majin, and even Evil Buu was reborn into Uub, who was mentioned as a potential team member if he were old enough/trained, which in Super he isn't.  

And the Andriods, well, at least 17, 18, and 19.  Cell wasn't redeemable, and well, he isn't around anymore in any timeline, nor is Goku Black/Zamatsu.  The irredeamable ones are pretty much toast, the ones that at least can somewhat change get do overs.  Now, if Freiza backslides or goes full evil, we get another arc.

Super pretty much erased GT, so can Super's next arc be officially wiping GT out?

• Like 1