DVDVR Message Board

Your All Purpose Anime Thread

J.H.

I've been thinking so, but with the name of the episode, I'm doubting it.

Spoiler

We're almost for sure getting Goku finally going full Ultra Instinct and facing Jiren that way.

Spoiler

I think Frieza was behind the blast. They have a tendency of doing that, having Frieza disappear without any clear explanation. I think he's going to play into the finale somehow. I don't think he's going to be the sole survivor or anything like that, but I can imagine him popping up from behind a rock to knock Jiren off the edge or something after Goku's already taken him out.

I'm comfortable predicting the end of the tourney on Super. 

Spoiler

Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren fight to the time limit. Freeza emerges from the rubble and U7 wins. Goku gets to save the multiverse and Freeza is alive.

Which gives us a full universe with new story potential. 

13 hours ago, Black Angel said:

Super 128 was a damn good ep. Go it see asap.

Cannot agree more. The recent episodes that have been Vegeta specific have been epic! Up until then my favorite was when Gohan made his sacrifice, mainly because he's my favorite character and it was good to see him rise up again, but the Vegeta ones have topped them.

• Like 1

I really wanted it to be Vegeta to win the whole damn thing, as I think he's earned it after all this time. Now we get mastered Ultra Instinct which makes it look like Gintoki cospalying as Goku

James

19 hours ago, J.H. said:

Gran Crest Senki has been so good. Its less the old Japanese take on D&D (like Lodoss was) andway more political intrigue nd tactics. Everythign about it has grown on me

James

It started kinda slow, but has really picked up over the last few episodes so I'm glad I stuck with it.

Here's the new anime to watch.  Fuck RE:Zero. Fuck Attack on Titan.  Fuck Overlord. Fuck Tanya the Evil. Fuck everything else. This is the real f'n shit!  Goblin Slayer the anime is happening and it's in the works! It will be the best thing ever.

Literally, don't screw those shows.  They are good.  But Goblin Slayer is getting an anime, and I'm excited.  Please don't let it be crap.

Here's some more info if you are interested.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/sp/goblin_slayer/en_story.html

Basically, if you like dark fantasy like The Witcher, Dark Souls, or table top RPGs, this will be the greatest anime you've ever seen...provided they don't mess it up.

• Like 1

Loved this week's Gran Crest Senki. It was all politics while getting into what led to Alexis and Marrine trying to get married. I guess Marrine is going to war with Altrik which should take up a few episodes if this is merely 13 episodes.

Last week's Kokkoku confirmed what we already knew, Juri's dad is fucking idiot!

James

I like the characters for Grancrest but it’s hard for me to watch the anime after seeing all cuts and changes made from the manga/light novel.

it just seems like we are getting half the story at times.  Plus a lot amusing character development and dialogue exchanges have also been left out.  

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

I like the characters for Grancrest but it’s hard for me to watch the anime after seeing all cuts and changes made from the manga/light novel.

it just seems like we are getting half the story at times.  Plus a lot amusing character development and dialogue exchanges have also been left out.  

What has been changed or left out?

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

What has been changed or left out?

A lot character development and relationships.  You see Theo interacting with the people in his territory and bonding with them.  The citizenry like their new lord.  We also get a lot more of the Aishera and Shiruka relationship, and a lot more of the jokes and banter between the characters. The political boundaries and conflicts are explained a bit better.  In the anime, I feel like they are rushing through everything.  The second and third episodes really condensed like 10 chapters of story all into jus a couple episodes.

• Like 1

Dammit! DBS

Spoiler

I'm sitting here thinking this is it! Nope. One more week. This has got to be the longest 8 minutes a fight has gone lol

And maybe it's just me i was expecting Frieza at one point to make an appearance. Maybe at the end. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John Austin said:

Dammit! DBS

Hide contents

I'm sitting here thinking this is it! Nope. One more week. This has got to be the longest 8 minutes a fight has gone lol

And maybe it's just me i was expecting Frieza at one point to make an appearance. Maybe at the end. 

Supposedly, there are two more eps left - airing March 18th and March 25th (no new ep next week, I guess?)