DVDVR Message Board

Your All Purpose Anime Thread

J.H.

22 hours ago, J.H. said:

This just reminds me I never finished the 2nd season of Durarara

James

19 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

LOl, I thought the same thing after I read Elvion's post yesterday.

You both really should get on that.

Dragon Ball Super 109-110... Goku's new form... I dunno I'm just over the whole "New form" thing after SS Blue (really I never even lied SS3). Now I'm wonering if Vegetahas some surprise up his sleeve.

James

On 10/8/2017 at 9:55 PM, J.H. said:

Dragon Ball Super 109-110... Goku's new form... I dunno I'm just over the whole "New form" thing after SS Blue (really I never even lied SS3). Now I'm wonering if Vegetahas some surprise up his sleeve.

James

Vegeta will probably get that form later on. Jiren getting the Lesnar push lol. I wonder how much longer the ToP will go on. Have you(or anyone watching for that matter) been enjoying the tournament?

On 10/8/2017 at 8:55 PM, J.H. said:

(really I never even lied SS3)

You are a sick man. 

On 10/12/2017 at 7:19 PM, Black Angel said:

Have you(or anyone watching for that matter) been enjoying the tournament?

I don't want to say I am loving it. But it is the only reason I have for living. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2017 at 8:46 PM, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Anyone watch Joker Game and want to recommend it?  I hadn't even heard of it before today.  Looks sort of interesting, but couldn't find many reviews about it.  Thinking of picking up the box set.

Haven't sat down and watched Joker Game yet it but it is in my queue.  

Some semi spoilers in Super. 

Spoiler

A synopsis for an episode said there will be a new fusion character. Based on the names it will be the two U6 saiyans Caulifa and Kale.

The U6 saiyans start fighting Goku next episode and he is still a wreck after Jiren beat his ass.  Though it seems like he is mentoring Caulifa as he is fighting her.  Meanwhile Vegeta is fighting Toppo of U12 to get to Jiren. 

I still don't have a good idea of who is going to win. We know U7 is not going anywhere since its fine in the final DBZ episodes. I'm leaning toward Vegeta winning and wishing back the deleted universe. 

I am looking toward the post tourney episodes. My own crazy speculation is that every universe gets wished back including U13 and U13. Which maybe they were deleted for a good reason. Or even bring back the Trunks future where Zamasu existed, 

But I think its difficult to think like Toriyama since he will go in a direction you would never think of. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone actually watched Seikaisuru Kado?  I just stumbled across it and am curious.  Sounds more like my thing than most other shows I end up watching.

Does it have an actual, definitive ending?  Or is there a season 2 potentially coming at some point?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Anyone actually watched Seikaisuru Kado?  I just stumbled across it and am curious.  Sounds more like my thing than most other shows I end up watching.

Does it have an actual, definitive ending?  Or is there a season 2 potentially coming at some point?

Thanks.

I tried watching the first few episodes of Kado but it kind of lost me with all the general weirdness a couple episodes in.  

On 10/13/2017 at 5:02 AM, J.H. said:

I'm kinda ready for it to be over. I've been pretty bored with it to be honest

James

Apparently, the ToP arc is going to go on until March 2018.  The show may or may not continue after that.

I don't really feel like the tournament arc needs to go on another five months.

47 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Apparently, the ToP arc is going to go on until March 2018.  The show may or may not continue after that.

I don't really feel like the tournament arc needs to go on another five months.

That is why people think the tourney gets interrupted. Super will continue, Toriyama has not told them where he wants to go next. 

On 10/1/2017 at 9:06 PM, Matt D said:

So the 15 year old wants to watch something with me (he's forcing Rwby on his mother. I refuse). 

I set up ground rules.

1.) Has to be no more than 39 episodes (or clear seasons of 26ish I suppose so long as there are cut off points).
2.) Has to be professionally made from a Japanese company.
3.) Has to be something which neither of us has seen and moreover that neither of us knows what happens in. Broad concept is fine. Spoilers are not. 

Number 3 is a huge turnoff to him because he only wants to show us things he's seen so he can "see how we react" and he only wants to watch things he watched other people watch on youtube or whatever. But those are my terms. Very fair. He can suggest anything from any time or any genre. I suggested to him that he take a look at the fall 2016 Japan anime list and see if anything interests him, then we'd look for reviews to make sure it's actually good. 

I'm open to suggestions though.

RWBY is awesome barring some wonky animation early on. I'm with your kid on this one.

I don't have any real suggestions since most of what I've been watching has been trashy stuff. But I suspect this is old enough that you've already figured it out.