DVDVR Message Board

Your All Purpose Anime Thread

J.H.

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I think its been at least a decade since we last saw a Gundam show that didn't simulcast somewhere. I fully expect this to show up on CR and/or Hulu next month.

I want to say the last Build series started out on YouTube only at first, although I might be misremembering. It wouldn't shock me if TWoM starts out on YouTube first and then hits CR a week or two later. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I think its been at least a decade since we last saw a Gundam show that didn't simulcast somewhere. I fully expect this to show up on CR and/or Hulu next month.

I'm sure it'll be on CR since IBO was on it, I'm just curious as the Prologue isn't on CR, and they don't have the Fall Simulcast schedule up yet.

20 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I'm sure it'll be on CR since IBO was on it, I'm just curious as the Prologue isn't on CR, and they don't have the Fall Simulcast schedule up yet.

If it goes there I'm guessing the prologue goes up the same day they announce it as simulcasting. CR usually takes a while to announce their schedules. Its always a bit annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Me at 7:30: Allright,  kids still asleep, New Gundam on CR and the big TV available, LFG!

Me at 7:35:  Subs are 14 seconds out of sync...  looks like I'm watching it on my PC when they fix it tomorrow.

• Like 1

Octoer 1st 1972 marked the 50th Anniversary of the Most Important Telesion Series Ever Produced!

I'm taliking in the history of all TV!

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure what to make of Witch from Mercury yet.  From the prologue it looked like we were getting standard "war is hell" Gundam fare, but the show so far has been pretty much Teen High School Drama and Dueling School fighting with Giant Robots, with some Standard Japanese Money grubbing adults acting like Kings.  I'm still down, but I'm expecting a dark turn at some point given what the Gundam's were invented for in this timeline.

Discotek just stunned me witheir announcement of acquiring Kamen Rider BLACK!!

BLACK is my favoritecRider sobI couldn't be happier but I'm surprised SHOUT Factory got beat out for this!

James

• Like 1

I never regularly watched the Pokemon anime, stopped since Gen 2 ended. Anyway it is possible it's about to end for good in the future for multiple reasons. Very low ratings (most Japanese these days consider Ash as the underdog loser choke artist character), the anime composer known as Hidekazu Tanaka who sexually assaulted a girl, growing production Issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's the dark turn I was waiting for. 

Witch is going to be one of those that just drops a reminder that this is indeed a Gundam series every so often before it smacks us over the head with it at the end of the season.

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

Witch is going to be one of those that just drops a reminder that this is indeed a Gundam series every so often before it smacks us over the head with it at the end of the season.

This feels accurate though to be fair the prologue was enough to make you know it was a Gundam even if it took this long to hit dark during the actual series.

On 11/6/2022 at 7:37 PM, Raziel said:

There's fan speculation that

Spoiler

based on the '21 years' line that Suletta's a clone and somehow the real  Eri is a part of the Aerial.

Spoiler

Yeah, i picked up on that too.  Suletta's 16 but that whole 21 years line is odd... unless it's just *that* engineer left Earth Orchs 21 years ago to do a different fork in Gundam research.

Binged Cyberpunk:  Edgerunners during night duty and holy shit.  Great story that is totally not for kids, well-conceived characters, and a bleak and nihilistic mindset that will punt you directly in the feels.  No good deeds go unpunished. 

Investing in these characters emotionally and then watching them struggle against the tide in vain is absolutely heartbreaking.

Yes, I know that Rebecca is a loli.  I do not care.  She is fucking awesome as is just about every primary character in this series.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

21 years got brought up again, Suletta is only 17... 

Prospera spefically told Miorine to look after her daughters, plural.  The Cradle Planet prequel was told from Aerial's POV...

This could end up the darkest Gundam yet.