DVDVR Message Board

Your All Purpose Anime Thread

J.H.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Netflix's Spriggan is not a masterpiece but it does not suck either.

Spoiler

The cliffhanger ending for the last episode is obvious fishing for a second season.  I hate this practice and you will too.

• Like 2

Real life Initial D.

Everything from the series exists in the actual world.  Mt. Akina, the tofu shop, and even the drainage ditch that Takumi uses for the inside pass.

Edited by J.T.

Let's toast his memory by getting ridiculous topdecks that should win, but we're facing nothing but Meta-decks that win without us ever taking a turn.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2022 at 9:54 AM, J.T. said:

Netflix's Spriggan is not a masterpiece but it does not suck either.

Hide contents

The cliffhanger ending for the last episode is obvious fishing for a second season.  I hate this practice and you will too.

That's kind of where I am with it. I did enjoy the one-hour episodes. The animation was kind of hit or miss at times. Jean Jacquemonde is an even cooler character this time around. I do kind of like this idea of all these secret, rogue government agencies fighting for possession of all these ancient lost civilization artifacts. Ominae's red-shirt ARCAM buddies getting fridged and torn to shreds was hilariously bad though. "Once I'm done here, I'm going to go on a honeymoon with my new wife." Death Flag. Dude is dead two minutes later and getting texts from his wife on his phone. 

That said, I'd rather see another season of this than SAC_2045 or Netflix Ultraman, which utterly disappointed me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

That's kind of where I am with it. I did enjoy the one-hour episodes. The animation was kind of hit or miss at times. Jean Jacquemonde is an even cooler character this time around. I do kind of like this idea of all these secret, rogue government agencies fighting for possession of all these ancient lost civilization artifacts. Ominae's red-shirt ARCAM buddies getting fridged and torn to shreds was hilariously bad though. "Once I'm done here, I'm going to go on a honeymoon with my new wife." Death Flag. Dude is dead two minutes later and getting texts from his wife on his phone. 

That said, I'd rather see another season of this than SAC_2045 or Netflix Ultraman, which utterly disappointed me.

You think those are bad?

What was done to Saint Seiya is criminal and  the fact Crunchyroll is footing the bill for a second season baffles me!

James

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 3:03 AM, dogwelder said:

Kazuki Takahashi was very much beloved by his peers. He actually drew part of this panel for where Yugi cameos in the Bobobo manga series. He did it as a favor to Bobobo creator Yoshio Sawai:

o0hco8m6hmy21.jpg?width=635&auto=webp&s=

Unfortunately, the Yugi cameo didn't make it into the anime. This was the first Bobobo manga volume I read, and the Yugi cameo always stuck with me as being awesome/hilarious.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, J.H. said:

You think those are bad?

What was done to Saint Seiya is criminal and  the fact Crunchyroll is footing the bill for a second season baffles me!

James

Wait, they are really doing another season of that shitty CG Netflix Saint Seiya remake? So is it going to Crunchyroll now? I am so confused. 

I get that Saint Seiya is still pretty popular, especially overseas, but I don't get it. Didn't fans soundly reject this show? Does this mean Netflix of all people washed their hands of it and Crunchyroll rescued it?

28 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Wait, they are really doing another season of that shitty CG Netflix Saint Seiya remake? So is it going to Crunchyroll now? I am so confused. 

I get that Saint Seiya is still pretty popular, especially overseas, but I don't get it. Didn't fans soundly reject this show? Does this mean Netflix of all people washed their hands of it and Crunchyroll rescued it?

That about sums it up

Edit: By all accounts the 2nd season was already made but the negative reaction to season 1 led to Netflix dropping it. Cruncyroll basically did a license rescue and are debuting it this summer. I don't know if the awful dub/sub of the original series is going to Crunchyroll as well. That dub/sub is so awful that I couldn't make it past the end of the Galaxian Wars arc, and I'm a die hrd Saint seiya fan!

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 1

The strongest in the Dragon Ball Super Hero universe are

Spoiler

Gohan (beast form), Orange Piccolo and evil doer Cell Max if he was fully form changed.

Cell Max is separate character from the deceased Cell.

The strongest in the ongoing Dragon Ball Super manga universe are Goku, Vegeta, Granolah.

Then there is Super Dragon Ball Heroes web series and the Dragon Ball SD universes and all the other universes and dimensions and from every other media adaptions. 

The Dragon Ball Super anime was rendered non-canon, same with all the other animes. So the animes and oler movies all belong in their own universes and dimensions and etc. But DB and DBZ and the DBS animes are still linked. While GT is a defunct timeline. The older movies were in their own dimensions.

The movies current canon start with Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods 2013. But there is some loose canon and the filler characters from the old animes may not exist.

Well, at least some other characters are becoming relevant again. 

Now I wish Goten and Trunks could do something.

I will credit the Dragon Ball staff and Toriyama. The storytelling greatly improved in the later movies and shows. 

Edited by TheVileOne

• 2 weeks later...

In the Super Dragon Ball Heroes web series universe, both Goku and Xeno Goku fought. Xeno Goku's life was the same as the Dragon Ball and Z animes and the GT anime and the Tree of Might, Lord Slug, and Fusion Reborn movies.

404-4043809_dragon-ball-heroes-xeno-goku

Super Dragon Ball Heroes continues the continuity after the Dragon Ball Super anime but the show is not the main canon and exists outside.

Anyone watching Ranking Of Kings?  I got a CrunchyRoll streaming sub when it was offered on XBox Live, and never did anything with it.  But I am captivated by the show.  It is charming , has a very interesting fantasy story setting, and I like the "old fashioned" art style,  

• Like 1