DVDVR Message Board

Your All Purpose Anime Thread

J.H.

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Imagine having to do what Shin did and then have this schmuck talk to you about not feeling obligated to fight because his nation saved you. What a dick. That's the "cage of pity."

Its somewhat understandable as they don't really grasp just what Shin and co. did before then. Its probably why they don't seem to hold grudges about it.

35 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is Hidive a reputable site? Theyre apparently the place showing Lupin part 6.

They are part of Sentai as said above. Honestly, I'm kind of annoyed they managed to grab Part 6 from under Funimation and Crunchyroll. I was hoping to watch Part 6 on something that could stream on the PS4. Also don't like the idea of paying for just one show.

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

Its somewhat understandable as they don't really grasp just what Shin and co. did before then. Its probably why they don't seem to hold grudges about it.

I think he likely did. He knew Shin was 86, and their story had become public knowledge after they were granted sanctuary in Giad. He also understood well enough what Shin was to prevent a brain scan by Legion, and the only way to prevent a brain scan is to destroy the human subject's brain, living or dead.

But it's more that the soldier's comments echo back to what the Empress said beforehand about building the "cage of pity" around the Spearhead unit.

He defused the situation with Eugene's friend, but then the rest was a total "bruh" moment.

For any fans of Dragon Ball series, Chris Ayres, who has been the voice of Frieza for all the recent shows and movies has passed away. Chris was a very nice person with a big heart. He was always very warm and welcoming to fans.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is that supposed to be in motion or does it have 5 guns?

From https://gaogaigar.fandom.com/wiki/Goldion_Armor:

The Goldion Armor is comprised of seven units called G-Blocks. G-Blocks 01-06 each resemble a cross between the nacelles on Stealth Gao II and Coastal Erosion Tetrapods. One of the Blocks connects to the extended hair of Genesic Gaogaigar, and another one attaches to the tip of its tail. The remaining four Blocks combine in two pairs, and connect via Plasma Hold to either side of the mechanoid. Collectively, the fist six Blocks provide an immense power boost to equipping mechanoid, and project a large set of golden wings. The final G-Block, 07, is much larger, roughly the size of Gaogaigar itself, and connects to Genesic's right arm. Known as the Marg Arm, each of its fingers is equivalent to the Goldion Hammer. Installed aboard the Marg Arm is GoldyMarg's Super-AI, represented by a large version of his face embedded in the palm of the hand.

Hey we are fuckin terrible because Takao Saito died a month ago and I don't  think any of us made mention. Jow can the creator of Golgo 13 pass without even a "damn"?

Also, Sanpei Shirato passed. He was one of those guys making manga back in the pay library days before Tezuka changed everything.

2 greats are gone

James

Edited by J.H.

OK, so here is FINAL GaoGaiGar and all of its Genesic Armor attacks including its final attack GOLDION... something, I can't make out what they are saying. I .like that the Safety Clearance did away with Mikoto having to smash a panel of glass to activate it, which is a call back to one of the  radio plays when she got a piece of glass stuck in her hand. But Goldion Armor is... crazy... it'd Ludicrous Speed of of th studio 7verse!

James

EDIT: Apparently it is GOLDION FINGAAAAAAAA! (Goldion Finger)

Edited by J.H.