DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Ok, that brought another question to mind:

We know that at some point, Sting, Warrior, and Steamboat all worked heel, for ever how short. Has there been anyone that worked in the top Territories/Classic Big 3/Modern Big 2 that only ever worked heel. No face run for them, just straight heel for their entire career?

Honky Tonk Man?

He was a face when he started in WWE. As big as Elvis, VKM thought.

Presumably, most of the classic "ugly" heels were prob never faces, the French Angel/Rondo Hatten types.

Didn't Typhoon explain his turn along the lines of "Hogan never thanked me for telling kids to send him cards while he was out?"

I have little memory of this as a kid, in my mind he just stopped being Tugboat and started hanging around with Earthquake for no particular reason.

That being said, if they ever decide to turn Kofi, this is the way to do it. "Cena never thanked me for telling kids to send him cards (for the week and a bit) he was out".

When was Steamboat a heel?

Probably referring to ROH, and he really wasn't a heel...

Just the sight of him bringing his son to ringside wearing the Lil Dragon outfit would make him a troll heel these days.

We know that at some point, Sting, Warrior, and Steamboat all worked heel, for ever how short.

Has there been anyone that worked in the top Territories/Classic Big 3/Modern Big 2 that only ever worked heel. No face run for them, just straight heel for their entire career?

Bundy?

We know that at some point, Sting, Warrior, and Steamboat all worked heel, for ever how short.

Has there been anyone that worked in the top Territories/Classic Big 3/Modern Big 2 that only ever worked heel. No face run for them, just straight heel for their entire career?

Bundy?

Face in GCW after leaving the Legion of Doom.

After Tugboat turned into Typhoon, I think he made mention of him organizing a letter writing campaign for Hogan when he got hurt by Earthquake, but that Hogan didn't do jack when Tugboat got taken out. At least I think it was after he became Typhoon. It was definitely before he became the Shockmaster though.

• Like 1

We know that at some point, Sting, Warrior, and Steamboat all worked heel, for ever how short. Has there been anyone that worked in the top Territories/Classic Big 3/Modern Big 2 that only ever worked heel. No face run for them, just straight heel for their entire career?

Honky Tonk Man?

Honky started out as a face in WWF. Also, to answer a previous question, I think Steamboat was a heel for a week in TNA.

They seemed to be setting up a Steamboat heel turn in TNA before he left.  He decided to give Ron Killings a shot at the NWA title against Ken Shamrock when Killings convinced Steamboat that race was the reason why he didn't get a shot at the WWF title after winning the IC title.  During the title match, Steamboat is on commentary and talks about how he was passed over for the WWF World title but I'm sure that's the last week he appears in NWA-TNA.

Was Tully ever a face?

If you count his Heroes of Wrestling PPV spot, yes. 

Actually, he was a really good face on that show and cut an awesome promo on Stan Lane. 

I'm pretty sure Tully was a face in ECW, too. 

Was Tully ever a face?

If you count his Heroes of Wrestling PPV spot, yes.

Actually, he was a really good face on that show and cut an awesome promo on Stan Lane.

I'm pretty sure Tully was a face in ECW, too.

that promo was the best part of the event. and it was really great. not like "great for a shitty event" but "just a damn good promo"

The way I remember the Tugboat-to-Typhoon turn, Tugboat attacked the Bushwhackers on WWF Superstars when he was teaming with them in a 6-man match against Earthquake and the Nasty Boys.  The following Monday on Prime Time Wrestling (which was into its studio audience phase at the time), Sean Mooney repeatedly introduced Tugboat (complete with entrance music) to get his side of the story, but Tugboat never appeared.  Finally, Jimmy Hart and Earthquake arrived, Jimmy called out for "Typhoon," and he appeared in his new heel Typhoon attire.

At the very end of their last segment, Mooney made mention of Hogan and Typhoon started ranting about how he was always there for Hogan, but Hogan was never there for him.  Anyway, the whole deal was that Jimmy Hart wanted a second tag team to protect the Nasty Boys' run as tag champions (I think), but the Nasties turned face and the Natural Disasters were Jimmy's new top team.  Then the Disasters broke away and turned face themselves at some point.  All I really remember with certainty is that Earthquake and Typhoon's Hasbro figures were sturdy, durable, and virtually unstoppable in my land of wrestling figures.

• Like 1

Did Tugboat actually turn on Hogan and wrestle him as Typhoon? I can't remember what caused the transformation between the two

He attacked Hogan during a SNME battle royal, then during Superstars, turned on the Bushwackers in a six man against Quake and the Nasties.  Next week, he was Typhoon and tagging with Quake.

Tugboat went after Hogan in the 91 Rumble too.  Hogan-Typhoon had one singles match on a Coliseum tape where Hogan squashed him in about five minutes.

List of people who turned on Sting (doubt it's complete)

Eddie Gilbert 1987

Ric Flair 1990

Arn Anderson 1990

Ole Anderson 1990

Lex Luger 1991

Bobby Eaton 1991

Ric Flair 1994

Sherri Martel 1994

Ric Flair 1995

The Giant 1998

Bret Hart 1998

Lex Luger 1999

Liz 1999

Christian Cage 2006

Kurt Angle 2007

Kurt Angle 2009

Kevin Nash 2009

Booker T 2009

Scott Steiner 2009

Kurt Angle 2011

You forgot The Road Warriors in 1988.

There was also that Sting & Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Jarrett & Scott Steiner match where Joe did not save Sting from a post-match heel beating.

We know that at some point, Sting, Warrior, and Steamboat all worked heel, for ever how short.  Has there been anyone that worked in the top Territories/Classic Big 3/Modern Big 2 that only ever worked heel.  No face run for them, just straight heel for their entire career?

Barbarian? One Man Gang/Akeem?

We know that at some point, Sting, Warrior, and Steamboat all worked heel, for ever how short.  Has there been anyone that worked in the top Territories/Classic Big 3/Modern Big 2 that only ever worked heel.  No face run for them, just straight heel for their entire career?

There are lots of foreign heels that never really turned face. Same with a bunch of "savage" gimmicks. Killer Khan. Abdullah.