DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

What about corpse-fucking demons? That's a stereotype that, I firmly believe, needs to go away. It's giving perfectly respectable demons a bad name.

Oh.

OH!

I notice you left out a cry for fairness & equality for the non-demonic corpse fuckers, you asshole.

I didn't know where to put this because it's only vaguely wrestling related, but watch a couple minutes of this video and you will see the ghost of Dean Ambrose's future. It is beautiful and terrible and perfect.

the guy in this video having the same voice as Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler is tremendous.

All I know about stereotypes and wrestling is that Mike Shaw was truly ahead of his time.  Norman the Lunatic and Bastion Booger were IWC stereotypes before there even was an IWC.  I'm guessing he got the info from The New Breed when they returned from the future.

What about Friar Ferguson?

All I know about stereotypes and wrestling is that Mike Shaw was truly ahead of his time.  Norman the Lunatic and Bastion Booger were IWC stereotypes before there even was an IWC.  I'm guessing he got the info from The New Breed when they returned from the future.

Why do people always have to bring religion into these discussions?

• Like 3

We are only at the midway point in July. This is also a month with 31 days. Could be problematic. So hey..  read what I write in the spoiler tag and I will tell you right now that it might spoil tonight's RAW so if you want to go in Big Fresh... do not read it... 

Is the man called you know who..  really debuting?!

The rise of far-right religious conservatism, obviously.

I have to say I'm curious about this myself.

Cornette absolutely hates him and his reasoning is "he fuckin' hates fuckin' pro wrestling, motherfucker", I know him and Paul Bearer buried him on their ROH shoot and I don't think Triple H and Steph are fans, but I don't think I've heard anything else or reasons why. I know when he's brought up on Austin's podcast that Austin has nothing but good things to say about him.

Austin has nothing but good things to say about everyone. Dude probably places inchworms that land on him carefully on the ground.

You could really make similar arguments about anything wrestling related with a big enough sample size. 

For example, over the past decade there have been three wrestlers with the WWE from Long Island (Ryder, Hawkins and Barreta)  Each were young, with pretty good looks and decent enough in the ring.

First, Ryder and Hawkins were portrayed as brothers because everyone from Long Island looks the same. 

Then when they split, Ryder was given the gimmick of a walking, talking stereotype of a Long Islander. Then when he actually got over without help from the office, he was buried. 

Hawkins spent a few years jobbing before being placed in a tag team where he portrayed a male stripper. Further embarrassment was sure to follow if his tag partner had not had enough and asked for his release.

Barreta has the distinction of being a John Cena project. You would assume that this would mean Barreta would've gotten tv time. Instead, he got released at a time when no one was getting released.

WWE has a Long Island problem.  

And as well they should... Long Island wrestling crowds tend to be horrendous.

We are only at the midway point in July. This is also a month with 31 days. Could be problematic. So hey..  read what I write in the spoiler tag and I will tell you right now that it might spoil tonight's RAW so if you want to go in Big Fresh... do not read it... 

Is the man called you know who..  really debuting?!

Are questions spoilers?

No.

We are only at the midway point in July. This is also a month with 31 days. Could be problematic. So hey.. read what I write in the spoiler tag and I will tell you right now that it might spoil tonight's RAW so if you want to go in Big Fresh... do not read it...

Is the man called you know who.. really debuting?!

Are questions spoilers?

No.

Technically yes, if ...

they're spoiler'd due to size.

I have to say I'm curious about this myself.

Cornette absolutely hates him and his reasoning is "he fuckin' hates fuckin' pro wrestling, motherfucker", I know him and Paul Bearer buried him on their ROH shoot and I don't think Triple H and Steph are fans, but I don't think I've heard anything else or reasons why. I know when he's brought up on Austin's podcast that Austin has nothing but good things to say about him.

Austin has nothing but good things to say about everyone. Dude probably places inchworms that land on him carefully on the ground.

There's one episode of his podcast where some guy from Texas writes and asks him if he ever goes to the rattlesnake festival, where people catch a bunch of snakes.  He went off on this huge rant about how inhumane he thinks it is and how when he finds snakes at the ranch, he kills them quickly and humanely and only because he worries about his dogs.  He's just a big sweetheart these days.

And I'm sure that guys like Kevin Dunn totally kissed his ass all the time, so he probably never had any reason to get irritated with him. 

Austin strikes me as a guy who, when things are going well, he's the best dude ever to be around, but if things are going south, he probably can be a real son of a bitch, (Debra, not putting Lesnar over, the anger he channeled into those ECW promos, etc.) Since he's come to terms with not ever wrestling again, has other stuff going, and has a stable home life, we just don't see too much of the latter.

Once again, Austin had no problem putting Brock over. It was putting Brock over on a random Raw with zero build that he wanted no part of.

And Austin has repeatedly said that him walking out over that was unprofessional, and the thing in his career (with the possible exception of the heel turn) that he most wishes he could take back.

Once again, Austin had no problem putting Brock over. It was putting Brock over on a random Raw with zero build that he wanted no part of.

And Austin has repeatedly said that him walking out over that was unprofessional, and the thing in his career (with the possible exception of the heel turn) that he most wishes he could take back.

I actually wonder what Austin would've done if he had stuck around. Given how quickly he retired when he returned, he didn't have much time left anyway.