DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I'm sure a big part of KENTA starting off in NXT is getting used to WWE rings, with the looser ropes and whatnot.

And back to Cornette's racket - not sure if he did something special to them, but he used to get a helluva noise out of one of those things when he'd whack somebody with it - had to be part of the appeal.

I thought that the announcers referred to it on at least one occasion as a "loaded" tennis racket. Again, never specified what it would have been loaded with, exactly, but I'm pretty sure I heard someone say that.

Sometimes they said chain. Sometimes, "metal." Sometimes, the shoot answer "horseshoe."

I'm sure a big part of KENTA starting off in NXT is getting used to WWE rings, with the looser ropes and whatnot.

And back to Cornette's racket - not sure if he did something special to them, but he used to get a helluva noise out of one of those things when he'd whack somebody with it - had to be part of the appeal.

I thought that the announcers referred to it on at least one occasion as a "loaded" tennis racket. Again, never specified what it would have been loaded with, exactly, but I'm pretty sure I heard someone say that.

Sometimes they said chain. Sometimes, "metal." Sometimes, the shoot answer "horseshoe."

I swear there was an episode of World Championship Wrestling where Schaivonne opened the racket and there was a chain and horseshoe wrapped in the racket.

Here you go:

BscRU5NCcAEySa5.jpg

That is really Steen, isn't it (I haven't seen him for him for years).  I didn't recognize him at first.  If the WWE really signed him, I'm.... amazed.  Somewhere, Chris Hero is looking at skinnyfat pics of himself and weeping (I assume there were more issues with Hero besides his gut).

This comment about the photo made me laugh:

Cy-kun @Captain_Cy_kun 19m

@MATTHARDYBRAND @TiffyLockhart @FightSteenFight Matt's just glad to finally be standing next to someone who makes him look thin.

• Like 3

Here you go:

BscRU5NCcAEySa5.jpg

That is really Steen, isn't it (I haven't seen him for him for years).  I didn't recognize him at first.  If the WWE really signed him, I'm.... amazed.  Somewhere, Chris Hero is looking at skinnyfat pics of himself and weeping (I assume there were more issues with Hero besides his gut).

You... you know that was a joke tweet, right?

Here you go:

BscRU5NCcAEySa5.jpg

Cy-kun @Captain_Cy_kun 19m

@MATTHARDYBRAND @TiffyLockhart @FightSteenFight Matt's just glad to finally be standing next to someone who makes him look thin.

This post is funny.

• Like 1

Hardy was doing his best work since Mattitude there. Now it's off to TNA and reliving the Hardy/Dudley feud ten years past it's shelf life. No idea why he's leaving.

Probably had something to do with TNA paying him twice what ROH was.

A guess, internet conjecture, or you know that Hardy is getting double what he was getting paid by ROH?

Here you go:

BscRU5NCcAEySa5.jpg

That is really Steen, isn't it (I haven't seen him for him for years). I didn't recognize him at first. If the WWE really signed him, I'm.... amazed. Somewhere, Chris Hero is looking at skinnyfat pics of himself and weeping (I assume there were more issues with Hero besides his gut).

Cy-kun ‏@Captain_Cy_kun 19m

No, that's not Steen.

I think getting too old and soft, because I see that pic and my immediate thought is how bad I feel for that kid Hardy is making fun of. You know that pic was one of the highlights of his shitty existence, but then he saw that on Twitter and began a slow weep over his Baconater.

• Like 2

Or maybe the fan in question thinks it's funny too and isn't an emotional wreck of a human being just because he's overweight? Lots of generalizing going on here over that photo.

• Like 1

I like to think that the fan was actually in good shape for most of his life, and Hardy has just been feeding him a steady diet of cheeseburgers and chili fries ever since the rumors of Steen signing with the WWE started, all for the sake of this one joke on Twitter.

• Like 3

Watching this wXw tourny from 2008. New most disturbing chant ever is a bunch of German dudes chanting "You're gonna get your fucking head kicked in!!"

I think that started in America. And I'm pretty sure Bryan Danielson, of all people, was the one to start it.

I think the thing with Dunn is that he shoots TV very well and the production is superb but when he starts chiming in on creative it tends to clash with the more forward thinking members of the team. I mean...with all the catfighting with former talent and insiders and what have you it's sometimes hard to think that a company that has had so much success and that has swallowed the industry whole has had so many people in key executive positions that are morons.