DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

You'd be surprised how many dont have high speed Internet and honestly doesn't want it, but wants the wwe network and doesn't understand it.

In fairness, high speed internet is getting pretty damn expensive, and if you're not willing to spend at least $50-$60 a month for high speed internet, you're not shelling out another $10 for the Network. 

As long as Cameron is one, Total Divas or not, I'll be happy.

Yes, I said I would be happy if someone got fired. Shoot me. She's fucking terrible & never should have been hired in the first place.

It's okay. I keep helping this miserable as fucking fuck patient if mine dies like that woman who lost control of her wheelchair in one of those Children of the Corn movies.
Maybe healthcare isn't your bag.
If only you would meet this witch and you would understand...

I don't want July to end on such a boring news day. But holy fuck did the month go by way too fast.

I worked in Nursing Homes and Assisted Livings for 23 years. You gotta always be be above resident/ patient behavior.

I don't use the Network as much as I probably should to justify the cost (although, really, if I keep watching each ppv, it's justified, right?) but just having it there at my convenience makes me happy.

This is me as well.

I equate it to Netflix. Do I watch movies or shows on it every day? No. But the times when I binge watch a TV show or get into a mode where I watch several movies over a few days more than make up for not using it every day. When it comes to figuring out if something is "worth it", I have to ask myself if I enjoy it enough to keep paying a monthly fee. The answer for both Netflix and WWE Network is yes.

Between the archived stuff already available and monthly PPVs and pre and post shows and knowing just how much is left in the library that hasn't been used yet............I can't imagine ever feeling dissatisfied with it. I mean, we haven't even started with Nitro yet. That alone has me feeling anticipation, and until then I keep watching old Raws and SNME, both of which haven't been out on in their entirety yet.

Some nights if I'm bored I'll text a buddy of mine and say "Pick a random event" and then I watch whatever he comes up with, just to watch a random show without choosing it for myself......like putting the PPV archive on random. And it's either good or bad, but it's there at my disposal.

At work a couple days ago I had some downtime so I pulled up the network and decided I was going to just watch whatever was showing on the schedule at the time. It ended up being a Raw from 1995, and I was treated to a killer British Bulldog vs. Owen Hart King of the Ring qualifier that went to a 15 minute time limit draw. All that at my disposal AND monthly PPVs AND original programming AND NXT more content to come?

Yep, renew my subscription.

I spend 10 bucks a day on lunch. The Network is totally a bargain.

I think a better comparison would be Satchel Paige. The Negro Leagues and MLB had similar caliber players at the time.

Satchel didn't come to the Majors until well after his prime but you wonder how he could've done if he had gotten there 10 years earlier.

Similar example would be Connie Hawkins, who got blackballed by the NBA for gambling allegations until he was well into his 30s.

That 1-on-1 loss to Paul Simon on SNL really killed his credibility

• Like 1