DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Re: The moves and stuff for bad guys/good guys

I guess I am just too old for this new style of everyone gets cheered. Judging by most of the crowds that have been dead for a long while, they are too. Imagine if The Freebirds and Von Erich BOTH got cheered in Texas.. Would their battles be any more exciting? Probably not. What if Lawler wasn't so beloved in Memphis that regular joes in the crowd weren't willing to climb the cage in that match with Austin Idol? Wrestling's most beloved matches are because the crowd gets invested into because the good guy/bad guy dynamic. If the bad guy starts getting cheered, doesn't that defeat the point?

• Like 1

Is this worth talking about?

"Seventh match: Mitch Ryder vs Suicide Kid. Kid wins by disqualification after Ryder hits him with a low blow.

Main event: “Never Say Die” Josh Crane vs Ian Rotten in a Hardcore match. Four panes of glass in each corner, light tubes and a bat and a croquet mallet covered in barbed wire. Both men went through all four panes, Ian getting the win after leg whipping Josh through the last pane.

Ian Rotten announces that his body can no longer go through the punishment – he will retire after having his last match on the 600th show August 8th. His opponent will be his own son, Johnny Rotten. Mickie Knuckles requests to be the special guest referee. The whole locker room empties and gathers around the ring, applauding Ian Rotten."

1. Ian is still doing deathmatches

2. He's doing another retirement

3. His POS son is starting a career

4. Mickie, who swears he lied about everything about her and threatened her with a screwdriver is involved

5. IWA MS is still putting on (mildly stacked) shows

The more things change...

I've never seen (or even heard) of ICW before. Cool to see the pop for the return of Drew but in the 3 minutes I watched, I saw a Money in the Bank briefcase, a Brock Lesnar rip-off T-shirt & the lights going out for a return.

Does anyone ever do anything original in pro-wrestling anymore?

So it doesnt seem like Spike neccisarly doesnt want wrestling on their network anymore. More so they were tired of dealing with TNA and want nothing to do with Vince Russo. So if they still want wrestling what promotion do they court? ROH is out of the picture with the Sinclair ownership and all. Jarrett told TNA he would pursure Spike TV but what if they pursure him. Do DGUSA and EVOLVE have enough luster to gain their attention. I really don't know. Should be interesting next couple of weeks.

Amongst all this Devitt signing, TNA imploding news, this cropped up in my facebook timeline, a former DVDVR favorite made his return to his home promotion last night.  Pretty epic.

I want those guys on commentary for WWE so, so badly. 

I've never seen (or even heard) of ICW before. Cool to see the pop for the return of Drew but in the 3 minutes I watched, I saw a Money in the Bank briefcase, a Brock Lesnar rip-off T-shirt & the lights going out for a return.

Does anyone ever do anything original in pro-wrestling anymore?

ICW has Grado.

Grado has a bunch of drunk Scotsmen (are there any other kind?) singing Like a Prayer.

• Like 3

So I'm starting to think the problem with WWE Network is that wrestling fans are just too stupid to understand how it works. 

rsz_screen_shot_2014_07_28_at_114901_am.

I work in cable, and you'd be amazed at the amount of people who call and ask me about the WWE Network, or how to watch Main Event, etc.  There is definitely a LARGE number of fans not aware of how this works.

• Like 1

There is a rumor that Sinclair might want to sell ROH so they can buy college football games. And Spike has met with ROH.

Do I hear rumblings?

If so this would be Fuckin fantastic.maybe it'll fail but I've always wanted to see a hard hitting style on a main stage and Spike is obviously willing to give them time on the network, imagine next year a joint NJPW show on primetime television.

So I'm starting to think the problem with WWE Network is that wrestling fans are just too stupid to understand how it works. 

I work in cable, and you'd be amazed at the amount of people who call and ask me about the WWE Network, or how to watch Main Event, etc.  There is definitely a LARGE number of fans not aware of how this works.

It amazes me that someone would be willing to sit on hold with a cable company for three hours but doesn't have the patience to wait two seconds until Cole and Lawler walk them through every step for subscription multiple times in each match. 

• Like 1

It amazes me that someone would be willing to sit on hold with a cable company for three hours but doesn't have the patience to wait two seconds until Cole and Lawler walk them through every step for subscription multiple times in each match. 

Or at least the Bellas.

• Like 1