DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Supposedly a major meeting with TNA and Spike in Nashville that didn't go well. Could be the death blow.

Coming soon...........

I honestly don't know how Vince would approach it if they bought TNA. Sure, at first glance, it would seem in his nature to gloat about it, but it's not like TNA reached the success of WCW when they were hot. TNA never beat them, or was close to beating them, or was legitimate competition in any way. I kinda feel like Vince would no-sell the whole buyout. I think the closest thing we'd get to an acknowledgement is a quick blurb on WWE.com, a couple bonus matches on the Sting DVD, and maybe some familiar faces doing jobs in NXT.

Supposedly a major meeting with TNA and Spike in Nashville that didn't go well. Could be the death blow.

Coming soon...........

I honestly don't know how Vince would approach it if they bought TNA. Sure, at first glance, it would seem in his nature to gloat about it, but it's not like TNA was WCW. TNA never beat them, or was close to beating them, or was legitimate competition in any way. I kinda feel like Vince would no-sell the whole buyout. I think the closest thing we'd get to an acknowledgement is a couple bonus matches on the Sting DVD, and maybe you'd see some familiar faces doing jobs in NXT.

I actually wonder if we'd get a TNA DVD or documentary on The Network. The TNA story is interesting and even now, WWE employs enough people to actually tell its story. I wonder what Dutch has to say about his time there. 

It honestly holds no value for WWE outside of killing a competitor. He doesn't want to sign any of the talent (as evidenced by not signing Styles) and the video library can't be worth much. Am I wrong in my thinking here?

It honestly holds no value for WWE outside of killing a competitor. He doesn't want to sign any of the talent (as evidenced by not signing Styles) and the video library can't be worth much. Am I wrong in my thinking here?

No.

Coming soon...........

I honestly don't know how Vince would approach it if they bought TNA. Sure, at first glance, it would seem in his nature to gloat about it, but it's not like TNA was WCW. TNA never beat them, or was close to beating them, or was legitimate competition in any way. I kinda feel like Vince would no-sell the whole buyout. I think the closest thing we'd get to an acknowledgement is a couple bonus matches on the Sting DVD, and maybe you'd see some familiar faces doing jobs in NXT.

I actually wonder if we'd get a TNA DVD or documentary on The Network. The TNA story is interesting and even now, WWE employs enough people to actually tell its story. I wonder what Dutch has to say about his time there. 

I dunno man, do you think there's a demand for it? My knee jerk reaction is this: If people wanted to see TNA related stuff, then TNA themselves would have a bigger audience and we wouldn't even be having this conversation, y'know?

I agree entirely. And even as far as the library, I don't think we would get an Impact archive on the network, or a DVD treatment like WCCW, WCW, or ECW. I honestly think the only value in the library would be having another place from which to cull matches for retrospectives on individual WWE stars who had spent time there.

Basically. For example, If they put out a Christian DVD, they'd throw a couple of his TNA matches on there or something. I doubt we're getting a full doc. I like how I'm already talking like this is happening. TNA has been a cockroach of the business for so long it would be kind of weird to not have them to laugh at.  

Coming soon...........

I dunno man, do you think there's a demand for it? My knee jerk reaction is this: If people wanted to see TNA related stuff, then TNA themselves would have a bigger audience and we wouldn't even be having this conversation, y'know?

I agree entirely. And even as far as the library, I don't think we would get an Impact archive on the network, or a DVD treatment like WCCW, WCW, or ECW. I honestly think the only value in the library would be having another place from which to cull matches for retrospectives on individual WWE stars who had spent time there.

It would be interesting to see what would happen to the library if Vince didn't pick it up. I can't help but think that Vince would pay whatever nominal value the Carters would want for it. I suppose the footage could sit in a vault somewhere at Panda's headquarters but I have to think that they would want to unload the TNA footage as soon as the company dies. 

And the TNA library would be necessary for a proper Christian and Kurt Angle DVD. For Christian, you need the matches that helped him transition into a main event style worker. For Angle, you need the last 8 years of his career. I would even argue that it would useful for a 2nd Sting DVD. If/when The Dudleys reconcile with WWE, you'll need their TNA run to do a proper DVD.  

I can't imagine a world where there's a dead national promotion whose library Vince doesn't own. 

Is TNA really a competitor? I mean, they target different audiences, do way lower numbers, and have a different booking style.

While his Terry Funk is abominable that Dusty is world class.

Ambrose might be the only person in the wrestling industry who can't do a decent Terry Funk impression. They need to get someone down to the Performance Center to teach those NXT rookies how to do one STAT.

One of these big news stories is probably MMA related.  A Rousey/Carano fight getting signed would be huge news to someone like Meltzer.

Then TNA's TV situation and WWE's shitty Network numbers.