DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Every Fatal Fourway match feels structured exactly the same in WWE. They really should liven up the formula by making them elimination-style matches. That would really help the variety. 

As it is, I feel like I can just skip to the very end of every fourway they put out there. 

so, random question. what's the best "new" tag team? was watching some '97 WWF and realized that all of these "new" teams suck.

obviously the "New Age Outlaws" and the like don't count because there's not an original team that they're channeling the spirit of.

the best i can come up with is Owen Hart + Jim Neidhart, the New (Hart) Foundation.

Marty Jannetty + Leif Cassidy = the New Rockers.

Bob Holly + Bart Gunn = new Midnight Express.

Bradshaw + Windham = new Blackjacks

so, random question. what's the best "new" tag team? was watching some '97 WWF and realized that all of these "new" teams suck.

obviously the "New Age Outlaws" and the like don't count because there's not an original team that they're channeling the spirit of.

the best i can come up with is Owen Hart + Jim Neidhart, the New (Hart) Foundation.

Marty Jannetty + Leif Cassidy = the New Rockers.

Bob Holly + Bart Gunn = new Midnight Express.

Bradshaw + Windham = new Blackjacks

Wouldn't Lane/Eaton be the first "new" MX? Or do they need to be billed as such?

This is a random ass tangent but one I think might be worth discussing.

I was out of the WWE loop for years, and when I was last watching it was still in standard def and shot like a WWF show.

When did they start with all the obnoxious camera movement? Specifically the constant rapid fire zooming during impacts. It's quite frankly nauseating and makes it very hard to watch. It's a really good thing Cesaro dropped the swing, because the camera movement on it literally makes me nauseous. And I ride roller coasters as a hobby, I'm not prone to motion sickness. But it's horrible to look at, and if you're zooming in on... oh, I don't know, John Cena's loose ass punches, it doesn't make things look better, it makes them look worse.

RE: Camera shots

I think the first season of NXT has some blame. There were weird angles and over head shots that weren't normal for WWE production. Tho I think that was to make guys like DB and Jericho bigger.

I think in the spirit of the "New" teams question, neither of the two guys should be an original member of the team. Ole and Arn as the “new Andersons” post Gene, the second Midnight Express, second Sheepherders, three different iterations of the Hollywood Blonds, various Blond Bombers, Jackie and Bobby Fulton as the new Fantastics, and Pritchard and Del Ray as the new Heavenly Bodies would otherwise all be considered.

For teams where neither guy was an original member, you have Mike Enos and Wayne Bloom as the Minnesota Wrecking Crew II, managed by Ole. Bad name, didn't get over as their gimmick. The most successful instances I can recall of giving someone your gimmick were the team of Mr. Wrestling I/II and Jackie Fargo handing his off to two new young guys to create the Fabulous Ones.

How did I not know that Roman Reigns once played in the CFL?!

Joe_Anoai.jpg

He was in camp with the Vikings as an undrafted free agent, but didn't make the team.

101027.17_display_image.jpg?1300557391

Interesting coincidence. 

Brock's number was 69? Haha.

IIRC, it sold pretty well during that pre-season and even some into the season.  The Vikings had it on the front page of their website/store for a while.

Regarding Ambrose, just based on what I've seen, it seems like he's getting the strongest reactions of the 3 right now.  Fans have a tendency to always attach to the guys they aren't supposed to, though.  He's definitely the one I have the most interest in, and legitimately one of the few people on the roster I care to watch.

Rollins is miscast as a heel and Reigns is not credible as a monster. As a singles wrestler he is not as good as his brother was.

Ambrose is being used in the perfect role, he has a manic energy.that always makes him interesting.

I'm just happy to finally see someone acknowledge the talent of Luther Reigns. Truly an underrated talent. 

I mean't Rosey but either way.

How did I not know that Roman Reigns once played in the CFL?!

Joe_Anoai.jpg

He was in camp with the Vikings as an undrafted free agent, but didn't make the team.

101027.17_display_image.jpg?1300557391

Interesting coincidence. 

Brock's number was 69? Haha.

OK wait. If you're really me, what number am I thinking of?

69, dude!

5108+-+brock_lesnar+laughing+pointing+sm

• Like 8

I envision Brock in that picture pointing at something like a 14-car pile-up or possibly a kindergarten on fire.

Or something really horrible like last night's ppv.

Lord, after last night, I'd be surprised if Brock doesn't get a 100% face reaction tonight.  

[EDIT - Assuming he's there]