DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

With the emerging details of this Malaysian Airlines crash, anyone else worried that Lana/Rusev might get Mohammed Hassan'ed right off TV?

I hadn't thought about it until now, but I truly hope not.  As long as it is not brought up or mocked in any way, I think it can be worked around, at least in the case of Rusev and Lana's characters.  It would be a shame if this got dropped, as they are one of the most entertaining new acts I've seen in a while.  Then again, I became a fan in the 80s and loved seeing big Soviet/Russian villains brought up to be beaten down by the American hero in the end.

Not if this is the same vince who had "suddan hussien" give sarge marine-colored elf boots for winningbthe wwf title?

The WWF was not a publicly traded company, the WWE is. 

Jack Swagger may hold up Rusev's decapitated head by the time this is over. 

With the emerging details of this Malaysian Airlines crash, anyone else worried that Lana/Rusev might get Mohammed Hassan'ed right off TV?

Because everything is wrestling to me, when I saw this on CNN I thought of that.  I think if things get worse with them (and it's really horrible what's been happening) there might be pressure to stop this story.  Maybe not from fans, but from sponsors.

Jack Swagger...Luckiest guy in the WWE?

Yes. If he goes over Sunday Big E should flip his shit. Swagger's entire career has seemingly been him succeeding in spite of himself.

This was my first thought too and I thought I was a selfish, heartless bastard. I hope it doesn't fuck up their careers because they're probably my favorite act in the company.

as long as they don't run an angle where Rusev beats up a bunch of fans he confused for the Ukrainian military, they should be fine

• Like 2

I really would love to see what would happen if Lana showed footage of the plane crash and said "woops" followed by her evil laugh.

In the 80s in a southern promotion, I imagine she would have been killed already.

• Like 1

Hassan got tossed thanks to recreating a terrorist angle with the Undertaker.  It's not like Rusev has been coming out with a rocket launcher talking about shooting down planes.

I really would love to see what would happen if Lana showed footage of the plane crash and said "woops" followed by her evil laugh.

You'd love to see sponsors drop RAW and the stock price go down?

• Like 1

I'll honestly be disappointed in WWE if they don't try to exploit this incident for some cheap heat.  They should have Lana go all-in on the crazy and suggest it is a false-flag operation designed by Obama to discredit Putin because he is jealous that Putin is better in bed and could wax the floor with Obama in a game of HORSE.

I'd think if anything, they'll just drop the explicit Putin references and play up the generic anti-American sentiment for a bit.

I wouldn't put it past Vince to give Rusev a running Splash as a finisher and call it the Malaysian Crash or something along those lines.

It's too late now, but I would have loved to see 'bare-knuckles fighter' Wade Barrett introduce Rusev as his partner and build him up by saying that Barrett met him in the Bulgarian underground fighting scene. He could spin a gruesome tale about how he witnessed the monster Rusev in action and how they got acquainted. And then have them kill everyone in the tag scene like a modern Miracle Violence Connection.

• Like 3

as long as they don't run an angle where Rusev beats up a bunch of fans he confused for the Ukrainian military, they should be fine

I get that the Hassan example may have been a little extreme, but I was thinking along the lines of them possibly trying to play it safe for the sponsors and stockholders. I don't know that anyone would be truly, deeply offended besides families directly affected by the tragedy, who I obviously feel for. It was just a thought I had.

Rusev reminds me of the Tazmaniac.....only taller and not nearly as orange.  

My thought too. If only Rusev was from Red Hook and talked nearly as much shit as Taz.

You could easily have Lana come out and say she is a pretend Russian and used to be an FSU cowgirl and did the Russian gimmick to get on TV. And she convinced Rusev to pretend to be Russian when he is Bulgarian.