DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Is anyone else afraid that Brock will kill Sting for realsies? Taker didn't look so hot after the Mania match...

Taker didn't look so hot before the Mania match

Ha ha, true enough. I honestly do worry about Brock vs any of the older dudes though.

Raven as Poe Dallas (or Evenflow Dallas).

Sting as Crow Dallas.

Hogan as Blow Dallas.

David Otunga as Quid Pro Quo Dallas.

Low Ki as Low Dallas.

Bruno Sammartino as Long Ago Dallas.

(I have also acquired temporary semantic satiation; the word 'Dallas' is just ugly and meaningless to me right now.)

• Like 2

Raven as Poe Dallas (or Evenflow Dallas).

Sting as Crow Dallas.

Hogan as Blow Dallas.

David Otunga as Quid Pro Quo Dallas.

Low Ki as Low Dallas.

Bruno Sammartino as Long Ago Dallas.

(I have also acquired temporary semantic satiation; the word 'Dallas' is just ugly and meaningless to me right now.)

I already said Low Dallas is Hornswaggle, dammit.

• Like 1

Top 10 WWE matches this year according to wwe.com.

10. Ziggler vs Bad News Barrett- Raw June 23

9.Daniel Bryan vs Triple H- WM 30

8. Orton vs Bryan vs Cena vs Cesaro vs Sheamus vs Christian (Elimination Chamber)

7. John Cena vs Cesaro- Raw Feb 17

6. Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt- Royal Rumble

5. The Shield vs Evolution- Payback

4. Sami Zayn vs Cesaro- NXT ArRival

3. Orton vs Batista vs Daniel Bryan- WM 30

2. Natalya vs Charlotte- NXT Takeover

1. The Shield vs The Wyatts- Elimination Chamber

I know this isn't exactly wrestling, but I regularly watch Shawn Michaels's hunting show MRA Adventures.  I have no interest in hunting or other hunting shows, but for wrestling's sake I watch this one.  It's been pretty good, but this season is a bit more personal about Shawn.  It's cool to see how he is at home.  The most recent episode was about this deer that he's been going after for 3 years.  It showed him getting pissed off and having a close call with it.  Just tells such a great story.  It's like the hunting equivalent of him trying to break 'Taker's streak.  And:

When he finally killed that deer I pretty much cheered.  Was such a cool moment and it was pretty special to see him and his family marvel at Shawn finally achieving what he set out to do

It's on Outdoor channel, and on some cable carriers is a premium channel.  But if you happen to have it it's well worth checking out.

• Like 1

Indy stuff around here:

Friday 7/25:  St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL with Young Bucks vs. Hooligans plus Johnny Gargano vs. A.C.H., Elgin, Kyle O'Reilly, and Arik Cannon
Saturday 7/26:  SICW in East Carondelet, IL with Ox Baker appearing, plus WLW in Troy, MO
Tuesday 7/29:  Dynamo at Off Broadway in St. Louis

Saturday 8/2:  Dynamo at Stratford Inn in Fenton, MO

With the emerging details of this Malaysian Airlines crash, anyone else worried that Lana/Rusev might get Mohammed Hassan'ed right off TV?

I hadn't thought about it until now, but I truly hope not.  As long as it is not brought up or mocked in any way, I think it can be worked around, at least in the case of Rusev and Lana's characters.  It would be a shame if this got dropped, as they are one of the most entertaining new acts I've seen in a while.  Then again, I became a fan in the 80s and loved seeing big Soviet/Russian villains brought up to be beaten down by the American hero in the end.

Not if this is the same vince who had "suddan hussien" give sarge marine-colored elf boots for winningbthe wwf title?

The WWF was not a publicly traded company, the WWE is. 

Jack Swagger may hold up Rusev's decapitated head by the time this is over.