DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Big time bummer. He was so important going forward for so many reasons. Having a guy like that on the roster is so valuable to guys coming up. How much would a house show series with Bryan help like Mojo Rawley?

Also no Bryan vs Brock. That would have been such a great fued.

I think if Cena had a thorough examination, they would find he needs surgery, too. Weren't Bryan's injuries just nagging and he could work through them? I hope this sets a good precedent and guys would get stuff like this taken care of now, but I think most guys would worry about their spot on the card, then being healthy for the long-term.

On an another note, is the WWE taking care of Bryan's medical bills?

What about leading up to the SuperBrawl II match?

Luger had turned heel the year before on Windham.

I say it still counts. If Sting could stay friends with Luger after Lex joined the Dungeon of Doom, I can believe they were still friends for a little while after he joined up with Harley.

No way does it count. Sting had his back turned because Medusa was offering him something hot right there on the Clash ramp.

Poor guy.  I feel like he is going to have to start all over, but the most important thing is his health, and hopefully him getting to live a life as pain free as possible.  This is snarky and a douchey thing to say, but I feel like if this was Cena he would be back in 6 weeks.  

Three weeks, tops.  He'd show up with a Band-Aid on his neck.

What about leading up to the SuperBrawl II match?

Luger had turned heel the year before on Windham.

I say it still counts. If Sting could stay friends with Luger after Lex joined the Dungeon of Doom, I can believe they were still friends for a little while after he joined up with Harley.
No way does it count. Sting had his back turned because Medusa was offering him something hot right there on the Clash ramp.

Can you blame Sting for having his back turned when Medusa is dressed as a harem girl offering up her vag? I'd take present day Medusa up on that offer if it presented itself.

• Like 3

Holy shit.  All it took to make some peace was the Baconator?!?!?!  Who wudda thunk it?!?!?!?  Send some Baconators over to Israel and Palestine.  

I'm being a bit high-brow here, but 'lateral thinker' Edward de Bono suggested in 2000 that nutritional deficiency due to the low levels of zinc in unleavened bread could well be a cause of the conflict - his suggestion was sending over Marmite (yeast extract spread).

I can't think of a good line for this, but I'm sure you can help me:

tumblr_mkpm7zmlXT1r44xpyo1_500.png

Holy shit.  All it took to make some peace was the Baconator?!?!?!  Who wudda thunk it?!?!?!?  Send some Baconators over to Israel and Palestine.  

I'm being a bit high-brow here, but 'lateral thinker' Edward de Bono suggested in 2000 that nutritional deficiency due to the low levels of zinc in unleavened bread could well be a cause of the conflict - his suggestion was sending over Marmite (yeast extract spread).

Well then, we should send everyone some freaking Centrum and get this resolved already.

That really makes Cornette look awful.....er.

2 years ago when his shoot interviews started popping up on YouTube I couldn't get enough of that guy, then he started just regurgitating MSNBC like anyone cares and complaining, and complaining, and wishing death, and complaining, put me in the camp that just wants him to go away.

• Like 2

That really makes Cornette look awful.....er.

2 years ago when his shoot interviews started popping up on YouTube I couldn't get enough of that guy, then he started just regurgitating MSNBC like anyone cares and complaining, and complaining, and wishing death, and complaining, put me in the camp that just wants him to go away.

Agreed. Such a bitter old fuck. Although his rants about Kevin Dunn get me every time.

Russo seems like a chill dude. No regrets, gives zero fucks and basically seems like a normal person.

I'm on Team Cornette for this one.  He has a right to be bitter and he gives the same answers because he gets the same questions. 

Russo is more of an outright liar, while Corny is...carny. It's still real to him dammit!!!

Yeah, Russo shrugs everything off and doesn't let things get to him. Cornette's blood pressure must be off the charts at times.

Kayfab Commentaries or someone should jump on this Baconator summit now and put it out on DVD. Russo vs. Cornette. It would be like the old O'Reily vs. Carville: MANO EH MANO special on Fox years ago.

I picked up a Cornette Q&A on VHS around 2004 which I enjoyed a lot.  He told great stories, drank a couple of gallons of Sprite and seemed to have a good time.

Every shoot / q&a / interview has been a re-working of that original VHS I got 10 years ago with increased bitterness and less Sprite.  I dont think his Podcast does him any favors either.