DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Didn't they bill Gail Kim as being from North Korea for a few weeks at least?

As I recall she was just from "Korea", like Vince refuses to acknowledge the 50s happened

James

I think Santino is one of the few talents that should be a trainer after hanging it up. He is a master of 3 minute matches, having a formula that works, and knows how to get the crowd invested.

So, I am so confused why people think Santino brought Emma down.

• Like 1

It's been so depressing to see TNA stop giving a shit about Joe (and vice versa) over the years. I'll always have a soft spot for Joe since he sort of got me back into wrestling when a friend had an extra ticket to an ROH card way back in 2003. I knew nothing of ROH then, but his match with Punk that night went on to be a modern classic, and I quickly became a big Joe fan.

That being said, I don't know if WWE would really have interest. 35 isn't old by any means, but he's not exactly young either. His physique might be an issue for them (I know they just signed Steen, but at least he works in a shirt-- Joe's gear is shit). I hope it happens but I won't hold my breath.

On another note, I got sucked down a Wikipedia rabbit whole a little while ago, and came across this (check out the last two sentences). Is this a reference or something that's going over my head??

S8IIbXG.png

• Like 1

All this Samoa Joe talk made me think of Scott Steiner calling him fat. Which led to me looking up Scott Steiner promos on youtube. Which led me to finding this:

• Like 8

I think Santino is one of the few talents that should be a trainer after hanging it up. He is a master of 3 minute matches, having a formula that works, and knows how to get the crowd invested.

So, I am so confused why people think Santino brought Emma down.

Because NXT?