DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Renee Young is going to be on commentary for Superstars. This is probably the first time in history they've had a female interviewer who was 1.) Good at her job 2.) Not hated backstage 3.) Not ridiculed on camera 4.) Not used a pure eye candy. Although I give it a year before one of the aforementioned happens.

Renee's and her incessant “OOOOH!!!!” -ing isn't good on commentary. Dread her weeks on NXT.

I just watched Maffew's long-awaited SinCaraMania video, and two things occur to me

1) Del Rio was decent when he was beating up Sin Cara.

2) Sin Cara must be the biggest high-profile flop in recent memory, no? I mean, he got a press conference to hype him up, got to tag with Cena on Raw, got his own lighting -- and then just stank up the joint. He was like if you took Blood Runs Cold, the Shockmaster, and Nathan Jones in a blender and then poured the resulting grey goo into a generic luchador outfit.

I still believe all he needed was a long feud with masked supervillain Cody Rhodes leading to a City of Heroes/Villains super feud.

It could have saved both of them.

That sure saved the Hurricane and Paul Burchill.

That leads to the question: who would you rather have combined: a healthy Shane Helms+Paul Burchill or a healthy Cody+Sin Cara?

I think it's pretty close.

I'll even take current Helms over anything involving Sin Cara I.
  • Like 2

Random thought: If Punk insists on being retired and his wife is on the road. I wouldn't mind WWE bringing him in as a commentator and talking Jerry Lawler into retiring. Punk and JBL might actually have decent chemistry on commentary. If Lawler won't go then Punk can be added to the SmackDown announce team.

Yeah, cuz the commentary team needs TWO fucking bored assholes that bury shit out of everything. Lawyer seems disinterested and Cole is a puppet, but JBL is the fucking worst.

Friend of mine and former colleague wrote this story for his paper on Ricky Morton and his wrestling school in my area.

A. It's got a few typos in it, so cut him some slack there.

B. He's not a hardcore fan like us, so cut him some slack there.

I can think of MUCH worse people to learn pro wrestling from than Ricky Morton.

http://bit.ly/VKXAI3

Renee Young is going to be on commentary for Superstars. This is probably the first time in history they've had a female interviewer who was 1.) Good at her job 2.) Not hated backstage 3.) Not ridiculed on camera 4.) Not used a pure eye candy. Although I give it a year before one of the aforementioned happens.

Renee's and her incessant “OOOOH!!!!” -ing isn't good on commentary. Dread her weeks on NXT.

26.png

Random thought: If Punk insists on being retired and his wife is on the road. I wouldn't mind WWE bringing him in as a commentator and talking Jerry Lawler into retiring. Punk and JBL might actually have decent chemistry on commentary. If Lawler won't go then Punk can be added to the SmackDown announce team.

Yeah, cuz the commentary team needs TWO fucking bored assholes that bury shit out of everything. Lawyer seems disinterested and Cole is a puppet, but JBL is the fucking worst.

Gotta disagree there, JBL's "SOMETHING, SOMETHING MICHAL" is still entertaining. Also, he gave us this:

tumblr_n5hyzeX6Cy1r89qoso1_250.giftumblr_n5hyzeX6Cy1r89qoso3_250.giftumblr_n5hyzeX6Cy1r89qoso6_250.gif

Let's pause to celebrate the real meaning behind today:

Sid-2.jpg

The birthday of Sid

Sid's birthday is 12/16. It is, however, the anniversary of him joining the WWF and Barry Windham's birthday.

Sid-2.jpg

The birthday of Sid

Sid's birthday is 12/16. It is, however, the anniversary of him joining the WWF and Barry Windham's birthday.

The master and ruler of the world can celebrate his birthday whenever he wants.

Sid-2.jpg

The birthday of Sid

For some reason, different websites list different dates. Some say 7/4 and others say 12/16.

I'll just assume that his birth took place over a 5 month period.

Is Prime Time Wrestling essential watching if you're already watching Superstars?

The Network has me interested in late 80's/early 90's WWF, so I'm going to go back and watch a fair chunk of it.  Back in the day, I was a casual WWF viewer at best.  I watched the syndicated Superstars shows some, and caught Prime Time once in a while.  All I really remember of Prime Time is wacky Heenan/Monsoon skits.

Which one should I watch?  Both?  Superstars was the A show until Raw debuted in 1993, wasn't it?  Did the important matches/segments/angles air on Superstars, or did Prime Time also have a lot of the important stuff?

Thanks.

Sid-2.jpg

The birthday of Sid

For some reason, different websites list different dates. Some say 7/4 and others say 12/16.

Sid said on twitter that it's 12/16.

Sid-2.jpg

The birthday of Sid

Sid said on twitter that it's 12/16.

That's a fake twitter but yeah it is 12/16

She has come a long way in a short amount of time since she was only signed in June of last year. Her wiki entry is pretty extensive regarding her background.

Is Prime Time Wrestling essential watching if you're already watching Superstars?

The Network has me interested in late 80's/early 90's WWF, so I'm going to go back and watch a fair chunk of it.  Back in the day, I was a casual WWF viewer at best.  I watched the syndicated Superstars shows some, and caught Prime Time once in a while.  All I really remember of Prime Time is wacky Heenan/Monsoon skits.

Which one should I watch?  Both?  Superstars was the A show until Raw debuted in 1993, wasn't it?  Did the important matches/segments/angles air on Superstars, or did Prime Time also have a lot of the important stuff?

Thanks.

Prime Time had a lot of pretty big moments too. I can recall the angle to set up Mr. Perfect coming out of retirement to be Randy Savage's partner at Survivor Series 92 taking place throughout the course of one episode of PTW.