DVDVR Message Board

JULY PHOTO THREAD

Now I'm imagining Rollins sneak-attacking Cena while he's granting a wish to some sickly little kid and cashing in. And Rollins is clutching the belt and celebrating while Cena is dazed and staring up at the lights, with some baldheaded little five year old bawling his eyes out in the background.

When's the last time WWE did some out of the arena on location skits? I miss those.. very much

I'm pretty sure all the past MITB winners have traveled with the briefcase. The champions usually travel with their belts, too. Although I think they might have changed that policy in the last few years, maybe, but I'm almost positive I've heard Jericho or Punk or someone on Wrestling with Rosenberg talking about showing off their championship(s) to airport security and whatnot.

I'm pretty sure all the past MITB winners have traveled with the briefcase. The champions usually travel with their belts, too. Although I think they might have changed that policy in the last few years, maybe, but I'm almost positive I've heard Jericho or Punk or someone on Wrestling with Rosenberg talking about showing off their championship(s) to airport security and whatnot.

From what I understand, there are two sets of belts. The "regular" belts (the ones you see at house shows and at appearances) and the ones that you see on TV. The wrestlers travel with the regular belt and the TV belt is left with WWE.

ETA: The idea of MITB being 24/7 has to be used in the future. But I think it works best with a cowardly heel champion. 

From what I understand, there are two sets of belts. The "regular" belts (the ones you see at house shows and at appearances) and the ones that you see on TV. The wrestlers travel with the regular belt and the TV belt is left with WWE.

ETA: The idea of MITB being 24/7 has to be used in the future. But I think it works best with a cowardly heel champion. 

There's actually a third set of belts they use for PPVs and special TV episodes, that set is referred to as the "HD Belts". A fairly new concept, they just started using those sets once they switched to HD TV. Those belts tend to be made of a much, much higher quality and are maintained much better then the house show/personal appearance belts.

I don't think he's waffled anyone with the case yet, so maybe he's actually storing stuff in before it gets too beat up to do so.

Punk said he stored his gear in there the two times he held it. And WWE.com once did a report on the sheer damage Ziggler did to his before turning it in.

Is MiTB 24/7?  Maybe Cena and a ref will be on the plane and Seth is planning to jump Cena while he's putting his bag in the overhead bin.

T his gives me an idea for the 24/7 hardcore title moment. Have a challenger and ref sneak into the champs home while they are sleeping and gently cover them for the 1-2-3. Then take off like hell with the belt, but not before giving them a shot with the steel chair they conveniently found in the corner. 

T his gives me an idea for the 24/7 hardcore title moment. Have a challenger and ref sneak into the champs home while they are sleeping and gently cover them for the 1-2-3. 

This happened.  It's how Pat Patterson lost the Hardcore title to Gerald Brisco.

That sounds like a joke, but it's not.

They did a switch like that in DDT too. MIKAMI's Ladder (the Iron Man champion) was on the ground somewhere... Grace Asano (the female ref) snuck up, placed her dog on it and quietly counted a pin to switch the title to her dog.

I heart DDT.

They did a switch like that in DDT too. MIKAMI's Ladder (the Iron Man champion) was on the ground somewhere... Grace Asano (the female ref) snuck up, placed her dog on it and quietly counted a pin to switch the title to her dog.

I heart DDT.

That bitch did a great Phoenix Splash.