DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank V

Dolfan in NYC

Nothing like going with that fresh hot new star, John Cena,

Did my ears deceive me or was Bray the most over face in the main?

I think Cesaro was, but he didn't really get a real hope spot, other than his "arm in the title" moment.

Actually somehow, someway Cena manages to overcome the odds and be a pretty big draw, even though he has the most uninteresting, stale character possible. Also wish Cena would hook Daniel up with some of his "supplements" so that Bryan could miraculously recover from injuries like Cena does.

I need to see Rusev vs Langston one more time before they move him on to someone else, they're awesome together and Lana and Rusev are my absolute favorite act in the company. The first ladder match was great, I legitimately thought Kofi and Dolph had a shot at winning and I'm constantly amazed that Ambrose is becoming a superduper babyface. The pop he got when he ran back in was huge. I love that Cena won because he was smart enough to unhook the WWE's Illuminati belt holder instead of trying to unhook both belts separately.

Cena winning was the best choice; he wins and loses to Brock at SummerSlam. If they put it on Reigns, Cesaro, or Bray and they lose to Lesnar it would hurt them and people would bitch even more.

A lot of really cool spots, Orton gushing like a man, and some really fun undercard stuff. Not a great show but it was really fun and worth what I pay per month.

• Like 1

Yeah so.. I would also bitch about Cena but it's no use. He's the guy. The only problem is they are losing a ton of fucking money right now and MORE CENA is doubtful to gain more subs. Fuck 'em. At least there was a lot of other shit to enjoy.

Assuming the plan is Lesnar beats Cena at SS, that's the last PPV for people who subscribed right off the bat. The goal has to be retention. Lesnar as champ retains more people than anyone else who was in the main event tonight.

I'll believe that when I see it, though. I know people will say that he just broke the streak and he must go over but we thought he'd go over in his big comeback match and that didn't happen either (though it was a great fucking match..)

After one of the early camera shots of Steph I was expecting the end to be someone about to get the titles then it raising out of reach...Kane attacking them Ortan standing under the belts while they are lowered to him....I would have preferred that over the out come.

Was it just me or was there a TON or filler? Steph back stage, promo for Vickie's show on Tuesday, The money in the bank stats package, and three or four Cole telling us to buy the network?

How did Orton get busted open? I turned away for a second and he was gushing blood...

Reigns blindly pushed a ladder at him after one of those dumb overused "hop off the ladder and pretend to hot shot yourself" spots. Orton wasn't looking and got cracked on the noggin'.

If I were booking SummerSlam, I would've had Roman Reigns win the belt and then defend against Orton. Reigns goes over there and you build to an eventual title match with Triple H. Daniel Bryan comes back and we get a reluctant team up against The Authority with Bryan eyeing the belt.

Cena/Brock just screams "THIS DOES NOT NEED THE BELT TO BE IMPORTANT." Like at all.

I did like the Warrior-Hogan spot between Reigns and Cena, but it isn't leading to anything like that spot did.

For a match all about Orton needing THE MONSTER Kane to bail him out and to bail The Authority out earlier, Reigns destroying people and the other young guys running the show that ending was deflating.

This show was a blast! MITB match was fantastic with some pretty sick and creative bumps. Tag arch was great. Hoss match was great. Reigns/Bray/Cesaro aren't ready yet. Kane would only be okay if Bryan would be back by next PPV. I assumed Orton was going to win, so I was actually really excited to see Cena take it. Huge relief.

Ambrose was super over by the end of the ladder match, I know he was always the one people 'knew' would make it, but he's making it work well.  It's refreshing to see him just try to pummel Rollins and not 'wrestle' him at all. 

I'm surprised not many people are mentioning Rusev/Big E, that was a pretty great match!  Between the knee blocking the first spear, the speak to the outside where Big E nearly killed himself and the Rusev kick I think it was about a tie for my favorite match of the night with the MITB match.

Main event was very underwhelming.  I didn't really see an outcome going in that would please me, and as it turns out the one they picked did not.   

• Like 1

If I were booking SummerSlam, I would've had Roman Reigns win the belt and then defend against Orton. Reigns goes over there and you build to an eventual title match with Triple H. Daniel Bryan comes back and we get a reluctant team up against The Authority with Bryan eyeing the belt.

Your argument makes sense if Daniel Bryan was going to work Summerslam.  He says that he is having a second surgery on the pre show.  So him coming back is close to no fucking chance right now

I don't think Reigns is ready for a big time singles run yet.  Especially against Brock  

At least Cena got the belt in the one city where he generally gets cheered. That ending in front of any other crowd could have been ugly.

Huh? Cena gets mixed reactions there at best. Usually they boo him mercilessly.

Your argument makes sense if Daniel Bryan was going to work Summerslam.  He says that he is having a second surgery on the pre show.  So him coming back is close to no fucking chance right now

I don't think Reigns is ready for a big time singles run yet.  Especially against Brock  

That's why I'd pair him against Orton. Brock/Cena is the marquee match that doesn't need the belt. 

And yeah, Boston does not particularly like Cena. It's embarrassing when you consider he grew up in the fucking suburbs.

Much like during WCW's sad decline, I find myself watching WWE ppvs and loving the undercard only to be left with a bad aftertaste from the main event. Oh well, Lesnar as monster face at SS will be glorious.

Speaking of undercard awesomeness, how about some love for Ryback and the sweet silk screen of Bane on his tights.

Cena/Brock should be good, but I really don't have much interest in that match, to be honest, nor do I have interest in Cena or Brock as champ. 

I wanted to see a Wyatt Family reign of terror where they have all the gold and are stalking poor Dean Ambrose, holder of the cash-in briefcase, beating him up until he gives them his case. Of course, Wyatt getting utterly wiped out by Cena might have killed the chance of that sort of storyline working if people can't buy the Wyatt Family locking down the WWE WHC and tag belts.

Even a Corporate Ministry-redux where the Authority and the Wyatts create an unholy alliance would have been great. Ah well, it is what it is. 

The MITB match was great, doing exactly what I expected. Rollins and Ambrose carried the story, took some world class bumps (someone gif that Rollins fall please), and Dolph and Kofi bumped like crazy to fill out the rest. Rollins and Ambrose are so legit, though. Way more compelling in their solo runs thus far than Reigns.

The main event was pretty boring, I thought. The teetering ladder spot was beautiful, but the rest was totally uninspired. I'm indifferent to Cena winning, but that's mostly because I'm operating the assumption that he'll get killed by Brock soon enough.