DVDVR Message Board

FOOD glorious FOOD

ultimoDANK

• 5 months later...

I made a quiche for the first time today. Figured it would be easy, healthy, and tasty.

All three were true. Prep took maybe five minutes. Didn't go too crazy with filling, just kale and cheese. Only about 400 calories in a quarter of it, which means that the girlfriend and myself only ate 800 calories in total for lunch and dinner.

Can't wait to play around and do another one since the frozen pie crusts are two in a pack. Any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

Tell me more about this Deathwish coffee.  *rubs hands excitedly*

soz burgundy - didnt see the response until now.

http://www.deathwishcoffee.com/

Some of the strongest shit I have ever had the pleasure to taste. its a dark roast whole bean. none of that freeze dried stuff.

It's smooth as all hell and definitely needed when baby c decides 4am=7am on a monday morning. one normal sized brew and i flew. I've had one espresso of it and shook all day.

It's an intense experience and one that shouldnt be done on the regular...

• Like 1

Just bought a $30 box of exotic jerky: alligator, kangaroo, buffalo, antelope, ostrich, pheasant, duck and probably some more.

Totally worth it

Yeah there's a place about 20 minutes from my girlfriend's house that sells a bunch of exotic jerkeys. It's awesome.

Tell me more about this Deathwish coffee.  *rubs hands excitedly*

soz burgundy - didnt see the response until now.

http://www.deathwishcoffee.com/

Some of the strongest shit I have ever had the pleasure to taste. its a dark roast whole bean. none of that freeze dried stuff.

It's smooth as all hell and definitely needed when baby c decides 4am=7am on a monday morning. one normal sized brew and i flew. I've had one espresso of it and shook all day.

It's an intense experience and one that shouldnt be done on the regular...

I read this and immediately ordered some. Just arrived today.  I'm a little skeptical how effective it will really be because I drink gallons of coffee, but it smells pretty damn great!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Ground turkey tacos are the best. Thought ground turkey had no value but it makes great taco meat. Slow and low cooked it just keeps absorbing flavor and gets more and more tender. I'm at the 4 hour mark and it is crazy good right now.

• 1 month later...

I've been enjoying the art of making a simple Patty Melt as of late. Made a few of them 2 weeks back and The Wife loved them so tonight I made some more. I was out of onion so I just went ahead and used some canned mushrooms we had. The Wife wants me to go all Frankenstein's Sammich on this and add sauerkraut. I'm thinking that might actually be good.

That being said I figured I'd share the method!

Ingredients
1LB of Ground Chuck (Enough for 4 Patties)
8 Pieces Bread of choice (I just use simple split top wheat from Aldi's)
8 Slices Cheese of Your Choice (I've done American and Swiss)
1 Onion Sliced Thin
1 Stick Butter (or Margarine)

Prep
Patty up the ground meat, add salt and pepper to taste (or even Garlic Powder). You want at least 4 patties, each about ¼ pound. Set flame on stove to medium Medium-High (about 7 on an electric oven/range). Now I have to talk to you about meat temperature. I am usually a guy tat likes his beef cooked Medium Rare to Medium. This does not work for a Patty Melt, in my experience, otherwise you end up with soggy bread no matter how much you toast it. This being said the patties should be cooked Medium to Medium Well and do not be afraid to mash them down with spatula. You don't want the patty melt to be to thick but also not too thin. I use a 12 inch skillet and actually cook the patties off one at a time. This is done to control the amount of grease produced. I don't want to cook the patties all at once, otherwise it gets way to messy. Take patty off heat and lay on a plate lined with a paper towel

Now, clean that skillet use just did your first patty in and reduce the heat on your oven/range to Medium. Throw 2oz of Butter into the skillet and melt down. Throw in your onions and mushrooms. You can add seasoning to this, I add a little Soy Sauce, Garlic Powder and Honey but that's me. Saute everything until the onions are translucent and soft. Remove from heat and put on a separate paper towel lined plate.

Swap out your skillet for a smaller one (6-8 inches). Take 2 pieces of bread and butter them. Do I need to tell you to make sure the butter has been sitting out so it is soft?

You do not want to over do the butter but you want to make sure bread is fully covered as well. Reduce heat on range to Medium-Low (4-6 on an electric). Place bread butter side down on the skillet once it is hot enough. Then add one slice of cheese to each piece of bread. Give the bread 3-6 minutes to toast up. Use your spatula to test the bread to make sure it isn't sticking. Once bread is toasted and cheese is melty, place your burger patty on top of one piece of toasted brad. Then take a tablespoon and spoon out 2 spoonfuls of Mushroom and Onions. Now take the empty piece of toasted bread and flip it on to the burger topped slice. Toast for an additional 2 minutes each side.

Remove from skillet and plate to serve.

ENJOY~!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any coffee worth drinking is worth drinking by the quart. I enjoy my after-dinner six or seven cups before bedtime. (Yes, I'm from Seattle, it comes with the territory).

your caffeine tolerance is astronomical dude...

Chik-Fil-A has come to New York City. It saddens me that my father isn't around for their expansion into this area. One of the highlights of our annual father-son vacation to DC was eating Chik-Fil-A every night. Easily the best chicken sandwich you'll find anywhere, I tried the new McDonalds buttermilk one and it isn't even close to Chik-Fil-A.

Chik-Fil-A has come to New York City. It saddens me that my father isn't around for their expansion into this area. One of the highlights of our annual father-son vacation to DC was eating Chik-Fil-A every night. Easily the best chicken sandwich you'll find anywhere, I tried the new McDonalds buttermilk one and it isn't even close to Chik-Fil-A.

Except Sunday ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto for here on Long Island. It's been open a few weeks but there's still a bit of a wait most times for the drive-thru or even dining in. That said, I had it the first night it was open and it was just like I was in the south. Very happy I have one within 15 minutes of me.

• 1 month later...

Upgraded from my NutriBullet to a Ninja for my morning juicing (I hate myself for that sentence).  It works so much better and will pulverize pretty much anything smooth with enough liquid, but the damn thing sounds like a jet engine in my kitchen at 5 in the morning.