DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLERS OF THE DAY: SHAUN AND STEVE SIMPSON

RIPPA

So last night we are all playing GTA V and during the downtime I am putting my CDs into CD books to save space in lieu of my impending move. So I mumbled about my two Simpsons CDs (Songs in the Key of Springfield) and when the Simpsons were good blah blah blah.

Well JT totally misunderstands me and out of nowhere goes on like 90 second hateful rant focused on The Simpson Brothers. And the entire time I was thinking "Well I know who tomorrow's Wrestlers of the Day are"

Of course searching for footage is a bitch and a half

There are no words for how much I hated these guys in World Class and everywhere else for that matter.

My fondest memories of childhood are Rick Rude dropping Steve headfirst onto a steel chair in a non-title match when the Rude Awakening was a DDT finisher and Gentleman Chris Adams making Shaun bleed buckets of blood after fucking Greg Lowrance had the nerve to suggest that the Simpson brothers deserved tag team title shots against Chris and the Handsome Half-breed, Gino Hernandez..

Fuck those French Poodle hairdo wearing pretty boy Apartheid nation citizenship having mother fuckers.

So if you listed ten year old me's favorite wrestlers, I think Steve Simpson might come in around 9. I wanted to like Conan Chris Walker in Global, but he was just too big so I couldn't relate, but Steve Simpson was sort of his little buddy and I could get behind that. He was sort of a high flyer and I could relate more than I could to let's say the Handsome Stranger or Terry Garvin. 

Not exactly a guy I rate much now though.

I started watching World Class in late 1987.  I was 17 years old and a total mark.  I cheered the Von Erichs and booed Iceman just like I was supposed to.

And I still hated the Simpsons. 

Well... Except Stuart.  Only saw him once, though.

So last night we are all playing GTA V and during the downtime I am putting my CDs into CD books to save space in lieu of my impending move. So I mumbled about my two Simpsons CDs (Songs in the Key of Springfield) and when the Simpsons were good blah blah blah.

Well JT totally misunderstands me and out of nowhere goes on like 90 second hateful rant focused on The Simpson Brothers. And the entire time I was thinking "Well I know who tomorrow's Wrestlers of the Day are"

You know, I always wondered how the hell you found the time to do all these tournaments, wrestlers of the day, movie polls, play so many damn video games, mod this forum and actually work and have a family too.

And then I started playing GTA with you guys and it seems like every time you're multi-tasking 5 different things and I'm just like "oh ok that makes sense now."

• Like 1

You know, I always wondered how the hell you found the time to do all these tournaments, wrestlers of the day, movie polls, play so many damn video games, mod this forum and actually work and have a family too.

And then I started playing GTA with you guys and it seems like every time you're multi-tasking 5 different things and I'm just like "oh ok that makes sense now."

At least Rippa does not multitask and drive.

At least Rippa does not multitask and drive.

Yeah.

I haven't watched wrestling in years, and rarely participate in any of the threads anymore, but I had to jump in when I saw the Simpson brothers featured.

My parents knew we liked wrestling obviously, and they brought home some USWA compilation tapes one day. In Ireland. We had no idea what this stuff was, except "Hey, there's the Freebirds from WCW". The Simpson brothers quickly became our favourites. In particular, my youngest brother liked them so much that he named his lead good guy wrestler in his action figure fed "Steve Simpson".

EDIT: This guy...

HeManCarded1a.jpg