DVDVR Message Board

Raw 6-23-14 - Historic Episode # 1,100

MGFanJay

I need to find a gif of it but Layla clearly wanted to put Vickie over huge on the way out because no one should be that much of a fucking bump freak in a Shit In A Pool Match

Similarly, Alicia couldn't stop grinning as she was getting hurled into the goo

Sorry, no, that Wyatt theme is garbage.  It seemed to suck the life out of the crowd because it was so long and boring that they were half asleep by the time the match started.  It wasn't at all weird or creepy, just lame.  Hopefully it's just the music for the tag team and the WWE didn't ditch the best non-Motorhead music on the roster. 

I like Stardust a lot, but I really wish someone here hadn't revealed that he was a RockStar Energy can.

I also very much enjoyed Barrett calling the Redskins racist.  When you've got the carnies coming to town outing you as a bigot for cheap heat, Mr. Snyder, maybe it's time to hang it up.  And the match that followed was a ton of fun, too.

Wonder what has happened with Stephanie, she went from no selling everything to putting people over every week. Which she is really trying now and I appreciate that. 

Well before, she was just in on burying Bryan.

(kidding!)

The probably with a lack of Steph showing ass comes down to a good thing.

The WWE doesn't want men to physically harm women anymore -- especially faces. That is a gigantic positive and step in the right direction. So it's really hard for a male wrestler to do something to Steph because of that. That limits the physical interactions with Steph to Divas, and there's only limited interaction between Steph and that Division. Brie gave Steph what's what, and they built to that angle because of her marriage to Bryan. Then Vicki threw her (and her hired goons) into the mud pit, which was a story that started two weeks ago but was a few years in the making because of all the crap Vicki had to take over the years.

So, in order for Steph to get a physical comeuppance, it needs some interaction with Divas. And they can't really put someone like Eva Marie or the like in that position because who would possibly care?

It also helps because it really means something when Steph gets humiliated. It REALLY stands out. I think Mr. McMahon is the greatest heel character of all-time, but part of why he wears thin upon his returns is because he's really ineffective. The amount of times Vince got over compared to the amount of times he peed his pants in public and the like are few and far between. He's so awesome at showing ass and committed to humiliating himself that he's brilliant at it. And he's such an awesome performer that he can just become the evil corporate overlord a few minutes later. But he maybe put over too much stuff.

Steph is fantastic when she puts people over and shows ass. I mean, she comes off like an utterly pathetic person who completely hates herself inside. She really shows just how much her image and power means to her, since it's essentially the only thing she has.

Roman giving Steph food poisoning rightfully drew some eyebrows because here's this face poisoning a woman via a de facto roofie. However, he did it to both coffees, if memory serves correct, and Vickie spilled Hunter's, so he attempted a dual strike but only one was properly executed.

If you're friends with Naylor on FB, he just commented on Vickie's private page, and reading all the well wishes from her co-workers made me tear up a little bit.

Found it, saw the link to her website, and then her Eddie tribute page, and now I need to go for a walk...

• Like 1

The probably with a lack of Steph showing ass comes down to a good thing.

The WWE doesn't want men to physically harm women anymore -- especially faces. That is a gigantic positive and step in the right direction. So it's really hard for a male wrestler to do something to Steph because of that. That limits the physical interactions with Steph to Divas, and there's only limited interaction between Steph and that Division. Brie gave Steph what's what, and they built to that angle because of her marriage to Bryan. Then Vicki threw her (and her hired goons) into the mud pit, which was a story that started two weeks ago but was a few years in the making because of all the crap Vicki had to take over the years.

So, in order for Steph to get a physical comeuppance, it needs some interaction with Divas. And they can't really put someone like Eva Marie or the like in that position because who would possibly care?

It also helps because it really means something when Steph gets humiliated. It REALLY stands out. I think Mr. McMahon is the greatest heel character of all-time, but part of why he wears thin upon his returns is because he's really ineffective. The amount of times Vince got over compared to the amount of times he peed his pants in public and the like are few and far between. He's so awesome at showing ass and committed to humiliating himself that he's brilliant at it. And he's such an awesome performer that he can just become the evil corporate overlord a few minutes later. But he maybe put over too much stuff.

Steph is fantastic when she puts people over and shows ass. I mean, she comes off like an utterly pathetic person who completely hates herself inside. She really shows just how much her image and power means to her, since it's essentially the only thing she has.

Roman giving Steph food poisoning rightfully drew some eyebrows because here's this face poisoning a woman via a de facto roofie. However, he did it to both coffees, if memory serves correct, and Vickie spilled Hunter's, so he attempted a dual strike but only one was properly executed.

Thing is, this is 'rasslin.  I don't care if Steph falls in poop or projectile vomits.  I want Bryan's return to be marked with Brie putting her through a table or beating her  down with a loaded Gucci purse or something.  That slap wasn't nearly enough for all the shit that had been built.  That humiliation stuff is okay for a Vickie-type authority figure, but with a McMahon, who you know is there to say, violence is the only answer.  Not from a dude, but from a wife or a girlfriend or a face Diva fighting for the common good or hell, some random roller derby chick brought in to beat her ass.  

That or HHH needs to play up as that dude who's sick of getting his ass kicked every time his lady mouths off to somebody outside the bar.  Actually I'd probably like that better.  

None of that's to bash Steph's actual heeling - it's amazing.  But such fantastic villainy deserves more violent payoffs.  

I'd really rather assume it was pudding than anything else, I mean I'm sure it was some generic store brand so it was still disgusting

Best part of the night was HHH's shot against RVD, Paul London was fuming somewhere

Layla's bump was amazing. She flew like a fucking Valkyrie into that shit filled pool.

Linked for size..

Layla turns 37 this week and she's still like one of the best looking divas ever. I also think she's one of the best performers the divas have ever had. I felt like they could've made a much bigger deal what she is. Sigh.

• Like 4

Seth Rollins is really turning into the Sting of heels. I'm not sure if asking for Ambrose to be booked in the match was the correct move. Why not just ask for Triple H to ban him from the building? Or ask WWE's travel agent to book him on the wrong flight? Or something that shows some intelligence beyond "I want to know where he is so I'll give him an equal shot at winning Money in the Bank?" 

if you're putting him in the match, at least do SOMETHING to handicap him. Make it so that an Ambrose victory still results in Rollins being Mr. MITB.

It could be a master plan to re-unite the Shield and end HHH's reign of terror once and for all as others have said, but even if they stick with their current roles it makes a lot of sense. I mean, have you looked at the authority's track record when it comes to banning guys from the building? Christ, the freakin' Big Show snuck in on them more than once.

The WWE doesn't want men to physically harm women anymore -- especially faces. That is a gigantic positive and step in the right direction. So it's really hard for a male wrestler to do something to Steph because of that.

The ideal male wrestler to have some sort of feud with Stephanie is John Cena because he can humiliate her with Photoshop promos.

Seth Rollins is really turning into the Sting of heels. I'm not sure if asking for Ambrose to be booked in the match was the correct move. Why not just ask for Triple H to ban him from the building? Or ask WWE's travel agent to book him on the wrong flight? Or something that shows some intelligence beyond "I want to know where he is so I'll give him an equal shot at winning Money in the Bank?" 

if you're putting him in the match, at least do SOMETHING to handicap him. Make it so that an Ambrose victory still results in Rollins being Mr. MITB.

It could be a master plan to re-unite the Shield and end HHH's reign of terror once and for all as others have said, but even if they stick with their current roles it makes a lot of sense. I mean, have you looked at the authority's track record when it comes to banning guys from the building? Christ, the freakin' Big Show snuck in on them more than once.

HHH: How about I just keep him out of the building altogether?

Seth: Exactly how well did that work all the times people kicked DX out of the building?

HHH: I take your point.

HHH: How about I just keep him out of the building altogether?

Seth: Exactly how well did that work all the times people kicked DX out of the building?

HHH: I take your point.

In that case then there should have been a rider stipulation. Ambrose getting the case resulting in Rollins being Mr. MITB would have made the most sense. 

If Rollins is working HHH though then it was a genius move. 

The WWE doesn't want men to physically harm women anymore -- especially faces. That is a gigantic positive and step in the right direction. So it's really hard for a male wrestler to do something to Steph because of that.

The ideal male wrestler to have some sort of feud with Stephanie is John Cena because he can humiliate her with Photoshop promos.

No, he already admitted he jerks off to pictures of her. It was like 11 years ago though.

Putting Kane in the match is as simple as him signing a contract, but they'd have to go through legal wranglings to break any contracts that have already been signed.

It's easier for this match because there are no titles being defended.  Hell of a lot of paperwork if that were the case.

• Like 1

Layla's bump was amazing. She flew like a fucking Valkyrie into that shit filled pool.

Linked for size..

Layla turns 37 this week and she's still like one of the best looking divas ever. I also think she's one of the best performers the divas have ever had. I felt like they could've made a much bigger deal what she is. Sigh.

Best part of that pic is the "what the hell is she doing?" look on Steph and Vickie's faces.

• Like 1