DVDVR Message Board

FOOD on TV

ultimoDANK

• 4 years later...

After five years, I'm bumping this thread.

Did anyone watch Iron Chef Gauntlet?  I don't know how to feel about the finale.  I guess it means that the competition is on the up and up, but then again the final score seems to not reflect what was said at the judge's table.  

Dammit, out of the loop. Thanx though, I'll start autotuning it

EDIT: I might be able to catch up, the last two episodes are playing on Saturday night. The Audience channel is showing (of all things) Bad Lieutenant right before it too... weird segway that might be. 

Two things:

1) Is there ever a time of the day when The Pioneer Woman isn't on? Seriously, every time I go to the gym, she's on one of the TVs. Doesn't matter if I go before work, during my lunch break, after work. Every damn day.

2) Guy's Grocery Games is way more awesome than it has any business being.

19 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Two things:

1) Is there ever a time of the day when The Pioneer Woman isn't on? Seriously, every time I go to the gym, she's on one of the TVs. Doesn't matter if I go before work, during my lunch break, after work. Every damn day.

If I could never see her or that fucking show with the crowd applauding every time somebody drops an ingredient again I would be happy. 

Tony, I'm telling you this as a friend. 

YOU DON'T EAT FRENCH FRIES WITH YOUR FUCKING FORK. 

I have no clue how somebody can be 1. an American and 2. have lived/spent time in every single place in the world and 3. still do that. It's like eating pizza with a fork: you just don't do it, unless you're in Italy. And there is no Italy for French fries. 

EDIT: If the French actually eat them with a fork I will take back my complaint, but that would just be too French of them so maybe not

On 5/13/2018 at 9:26 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Tony, I'm telling you this as a friend. 

YOU DON'T EAT FRENCH FRIES WITH YOUR FUCKING FORK. 

I have no clue how somebody can be 1. an American and 2. have lived/spent time in every single place in the world and 3. still do that. It's like eating pizza with a fork: you just don't do it, unless you're in Italy. And there is no Italy for French fries. 

EDIT: If the French actually eat them with a fork I will take back my complaint, but that would just be too French of them so maybe not

Or if you eat them as part of poutine.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 9:06 AM, Curt McGirt said:

I was talking about that other show, The Kitchen. Pioneer Woman is irritating (it's so goddamn bland) but that show gives me the hives.

On a more positive tip, catching up on Good Eats in syndication has been nice. 

My wife is infatuated with her show and her products.  She's making me do the pilgrimage to Pawhuska, OK soon to check out her place.  I like to bug her by guessing which one of her friends that come on her show once in awhile her husband is banging on the side.  I like that she cooks with a lot of booze.  But someone needs to tell her Jose Cuervo Gold is hard enough to get into your body by drinking it.  Cooking with it is no better

• Haha 1