DVDVR Message Board

FOOD on TV

ultimoDANK

I could really love Chopped if they didn't show what felt like 5 episodes a night. I get majorly burned out on watching it because of the ridiculous editing that always seems to give away who is going to get chopped. At the same time, it's lead me to learning about winning strategies, like NEVER use the ice cream machine. Every time someone goes to use that, it never ends up well.

I could really love Chopped if they didn't show what felt like 5 episodes a night. I get majorly burned out on watching it because of the ridiculous editing that always seems to give away who is going to get chopped. At the same time, it's lead me to learning about winning strategies, like NEVER use the ice cream machine. Every time someone goes to use that, it never ends up well.

Another good one is always use all your time.  The judges always hate when someone is standing around with their thumb up their ass instead of scurrying around finding something else to throw on the plate.

Another good one is always use all your time.  The judges always hate when someone is standing around with their thumb up their ass instead of scurrying around finding something else to throw on the plate.

And stay away from the truffle oil. That stuff is like the bomb tile in Stratego. Instant death.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Man v. Food and Man v. Food Nation are my two favourite food shows. Take a look at Adam Richman now:

b0dbc681-23d0-4511-80da-cfa0176d865b_Richman-crop.jpg

Adam Richman, the former star of 'Man Vs Food', has revealed that he has lost more than four stone after quitting the food and travel show.

The presenter, who had ballooned to 'the size of a small car' with a 40 inch waistline while making the show, said he had become depressed over his weight.

His last show in the series, where he travelled the US taking on increasingly huge food-eating challenges, aired last April.

Now he's lost 60lbs thanks to avoiding the huge portions he had devoured for several years on the show, and through regular exercise.

Credit: yahoo.com

Wowsers.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching a Chopped with "Sports Stars" and one of the people is Chuck Zito. Truly a wtf moment.

Edit. I knew they would not chop Chuck first. You could see Chris Santos trying to be as delicate as possible with Chuck in the appitizer round. This is great.

• 1 month later...

This season of Top Chef pretty much blows. None of these people would have even cracked the top 5 of the Vegas/Voltaggio brothers season.

Who needs good chefs when it's in New Orleans?  Did we mention we are in New Orleans?  New Orleans is so amazing.  Let's have a New Orleans themed challnege.

It's getting annoying.

As bad as this season is, I think they should let Kermit Ruffins made out of context, off hand comments on whatever is happening on every episode.  Did any of his soundbites have anything to do with anything actually happening on the show?  The one where he said that someone was the last man alive with a jheri curl, there wasn't a person with a jheri curl to be seen.  I demand to see the last person with a jheri curl, or at least let me know whether or not Kermit Ruffins just made him up. 

Man v. Food and Man v. Food Nation are my two favourite food shows. Take a look at Adam Richman now:

b0dbc681-23d0-4511-80da-cfa0176d865b_Richman-crop.jpg

Adam Richman, the former star of 'Man Vs Food', has revealed that he has lost more than four stone after quitting the food and travel show.

The presenter, who had ballooned to 'the size of a small car' with a 40 inch waistline while making the show, said he had become depressed over his weight.

His last show in the series, where he travelled the US taking on increasingly huge food-eating challenges, aired last April.

Now he's lost 60lbs thanks to avoiding the huge portions he had devoured for several years on the show, and through regular exercise.

Credit: yahoo.com

Wowsers.

After all the insanely hot food challenges he did I'm surprised the guy didn't need a colon transplant.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently a couple of weeks ago Food Network announced they will be doing their own daytime talk show

Originally called The Scoop, it will now be The Kitchen @ Food Network

The hosts are Geoffrey Zakarian, Jeff Mauro, Sunny Anderson, Katie Lee, and Marcela Valladolid

Based on the promo photo the show is basically going to be Zakarian staring at Katie Lee's ass

BahJ1DOIgAA9tRo.jpg

Apparently a couple of weeks ago Food Network announced they will be doing their own daytime talk show

Originally called The Scoop, it will now be The Kitchen @ Food Network

The hosts are Geoffrey Zakarian, Jeff Mauro, Sunny Anderson, Katie Lee, and Marcela Valladolid

Based on the promo photo the show is basically going to be Zakarian staring at Katie Lee's ass

BahJ1DOIgAA9tRo.jpg

Umm...that is the single most random group of personalities that they could possibly put together.  Geoffrey Zakarian apparently barbecues at his house in a sports jacket.  Jeff Mauro probably doesn't wear anything but sweatpants unless a camera is on.  Sunny got her start on Food Network after her and Remy Ma ate on Emeril Live...no one else on this show knows there is a person named Remy Ma that exists on earth.  I have no idea who Katie Lee is.  Marcela Vallodolid apparently left her husband of 15 years then immediately stole some other woman's husband.  This is going to be a colossal clusterfuck. 

You know, after years of diabetes being such a taboo subject, and is now coming out more and more (although I wish they would get their lousy facts straight). I would wish that the Food Network or The Cooking Channel would have a diabetes friendly show. Have a program where they show you proper meals and educate the proper way about diabetes. None of this fear mongering bullshit, yet be real about the disease itself. Kinda like Dlife, but a full 30 minute program. I am fully aware that it isn't *what* you eat, but how *much* you eat, (moderation, folks) but it would be nice to know that I can eat a bit extra of something without spiking my blood sugar. I'm getting tired of half the shows being about sweets and carb heavy foods. Hell, how about a vegetarian/vegan show while we are at it. It's not something that I am currently into, but it would be nice for that group of folks, as well.

Dude, fuck vegetarians and vegans. That is too narrow of a demographic to build a show around. If they want a show catering to them, they're better off lobbying for someone to start a vegan lifestyle channel.

I would disagree cause you could easily go one of two angles either heres the meal and how to make it vegan or heres a vegan meal do this and its not.

Dude, fuck vegetarians and vegans. That is too narrow of a demographic to build a show around. If they want a show catering to them, they're better off lobbying for someone to start a vegan lifestyle channel.

I would disagree cause you could easily go one of two angles either heres the meal and how to make it vegan or heres a vegan meal do this and its not.

On my cooking show, I am going to take vegan food and add bacon. Real, porlalicious bacon. Bacon-wrapped tofurkey. Bacon hummus. Nodairy ice cream with candied bacon bits.

I just can't respect a diet where it is recommended that you take vitamin supplements because you're not getting enough from the actual food.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Food Network has been great as of late with Top Chef, Cuthroat Kitchen, Chopped, and that fucking Supermarket Sweep-esque show with cooking hosted by Guy Fieri. Fuck that guy, but the show itself is neat enough and actually makes me think I'd own everyone. On one event, they had to make a grilled cheese sandwich. I would have killed that event with time to spare. Get some sourdough, sharp cheddar, mozzarella, and colby jack. Then, carmelize a sweet onion, add some sundried tomatoes, butter that bread and throw on some garlic, and grill that motherfucker up.