DVDVR Message Board

2014 G1 Climax

Ryan

Another fantasy scenario I forgot to mention earlier that I would love to see: Karl Anderson leaving the Bullet Club, turning babyface, and becoming the first Gaijin G1 winner. Won't happen, but it would be cool. Maybe next year...

They really shouldn't have turned him heel so quickly. He was quite over as a baby face, and had some really good singles.

Another fantasy scenario I forgot to mention earlier that I would love to see: Karl Anderson leaving the Bullet Club, turning babyface, and becoming the first Gaijin G1 winner. Won't happen, but it would be cool. Maybe next year...

They really shouldn't have turned him heel so quickly. He was quite over as a baby face, and had some really good singles.

I was kind of wondering how they would handle matches like AJ vs Karl, AJ vs Yujiro. I guess we'll see competitive matches like we always get in these situations but that seems odd to me.

• 2 weeks later...

KUSHIDA is ten times the wrestler that Ibushi is.

Haterz gonna hate.

I like KUSHIDA well enough but that is truly an absurd statement.

You can say Ibushi's a better in-ring performer than KUSHIDA, I wouldn't say calling KUSHIDA a better wrestler is an "absurd statement". KUSHIDA trained with Takada, I'm willing to bet you whatever you like in a wrestling match that KUSHIDA would hand Ibushi his head.

KUSHIDA is ten times the wrestler that Ibushi is.

Haterz gonna hate.

I like KUSHIDA well enough but that is truly an absurd statement.

You can say Ibushi's a better in-ring performer than KUSHIDA, I wouldn't say calling KUSHIDA a better wrestler is an "absurd statement". KUSHIDA trained with Takada, I'm willing to bet you whatever you like in a wrestling match that KUSHIDA would hand Ibushi his head.

Nobuhiko_Takada.jpg

"Do not make me summon The Esperanza!"

EDIT: Spoilered for size.

Just watched Ibushi vs KUSHIDA last night, and Ibushi got fucked up big time. He was pretty much clueless for the next 5 minutes or so. Not a big Ibushi fan, but it was impressive that he was able to continue wrestling for as long as he did.

KUSHIDA is better than Ibushi at everything. Even if you only appreciate spotty-ish wrestling KUSHIDA should win out based on the fact he doesn't repeat his spots in the way Ibushi does, not to mention stuff like his insane Handspring Kick looks a million times better than Ibushi clapping for thirty seconds before executing a never before seen Triangle Asai Moonsault which could be avoided by anyone with a brain.

• Like 2

KUSHIDA's a rare breed, man. He strikes me as a really intelligent cat, which is why I think he gels with Shelley so well and works well as a foil to the flash-bang-boom style of Ibushi. I know this is a huge stretch seeing as how I haven't seen ten of his matches from the last two years, but I already imagine him getting in on the booking side and going down the same crazy-genius path as a Muta, Sasuke or Gedo. He's just got a little something extra going for him.

• 2 weeks later...

The Climax this year looks to be a ton of fun.

July 21:
Tanahashi Vs Ibushi
Nakamura Vs. Shibata
Okada Vs. Styles

July 25:
Makabe Vs. Okada

July 26:
Ibushi Vs. Ishii
Tanahashi Vs. Shibata

July 28:
Ibushi Vs. Nakamura

July 31:
Tanahashi Vs. Ishii

August 1:
Nakamura Vs. Ishii

August 3:
Makabe Vs. Suzuki
Ibushi Vs. Shibata
Tanahashi Vs. Nakamura

August 6:
Ishii Vs. Shibata

August 8:
Okada Vs. Suzuki

All of those matches have my interest.

I was going to say no he hasn't until I checked their site. I wonder if he will be replaced or just forfeit all his matches.

I was going to say no he hasn't until I checked their site. I wonder if he will be replaced or just forfeit all his matches.

replacement would make alot more sense because they can just transfer all his planned results onto the guy and not have to change booking plans. KUSHIDA would be my pick, although Honma would be fun too.