DVDVR Message Board

Yeah, there was a Sports, Tech/gaming, comics, TV & movies, and music threads.

The last three kinda fell by the wayside, and I think the sports one is now covered by the various weekly omni threads.

I feel partially responsible.  Apologies, if due.

That being said, screw Midwest summers:  Not even a dry heat.

Screw your mild Midewest weather. Come to the South and swelter with me, buddy! :lol:

Southern people don't play sports.  They just sit around on the porch, talk about fixing that '68 Oldsmobile in the yard with grass growing through the engine bay because it's sat there since '71, and drink sweet tea. 

Easy to ride out the heat like that.

Don't forget discussing where the war of northern agression went wrong.

Screw you for even brining that up for a lot of reasons. Dang, I thought you knew pretty well by now. :(

I live within shouting distance of the Mason-Dixon line and drive by houses that fly the Stars and Bars in their yards. Hard to ignore that attitude still exists amongst a good number of people.

Don't forget discussing where the war of northern agression went wrong.

Screw you for even brining that up for a lot of reasons. Dang, I thought you knew pretty well by now. :(

I live within shouting distance of the Mason-Dixon line and drive by houses that fly the Stars and Bars in their yards. Hard to ignore that attitude still exists amongst a good number of people.

Agreed.  But that's not what I was talking about.  'Tis nothing. 

I live on the Illinois side of the St. Louis area, right between a blue state and a red state.  My home town was once featured on 60 Minutes for racial profiling issues.  In other words:  Good times?

Before the board explosion, wasn't there a separate sports version of the Fuck You thread?

Yeah, it was a theme that went around the board for a week or two way back when, and I jumped on it with the original "Fuck You (Insert General Life Related Issues)" or whatever I called it after a nightmarish day of jury duty.

Most of the rest of the threads fell off quickly, but that one endured (almost positive it's the most posts ever in a thread I started anywhere...) and got revived before it was murdered by stupidity this week.

Before the board explosion, wasn't there a separate sports version of the Fuck You thread?

Yeah, it was a theme that went around the board for a week or two way back when, and I jumped on it with the original "Fuck You (Insert General Life Related Issues)" or whatever I called it after a nightmarish day of jury duty.

Most of the rest of the threads fell off quickly, but that one endured (almost positive it's the most posts ever in a thread I started anywhere...) and got revived before it was murdered by stupidity this week.

Don't worry Brian.  I for one will always remember to think "Fuck You" whenever I see your username.

• Like 2

See, that's what friends are for.

And I will return the favor whenever the Cardinals are on tv.

(Hell, I'll even throw in the Arizona Cardinals and Standford Cardinal for extra measure and love.)

Goddamn this fucking sore throat. Third day in a row. It's only the LEFT side of my throat and LEFT nostril is plugged when I wake up and my LEFT ear feels like it's trying to get infected.

I'm a big strong man but a sore throat makes me feel like a tiny weak man.

See, that's what friends are for.

And I will return the favor whenever the Cardinals are on tv.

(Hell, I'll even throw in the Arizona Cardinals and Standford Cardinal for extra measure and love.)

Hey, the Arizona Cardinals left St. Louis.  We're stuck with the Rams, isn't that punishment enough?  :blink:

Fuck this shoestring fries business. If you serve shoestring fries, fuck yourself. It's the most miserable eating experience, because it should be awesome because fries, but it's not because your eating your own ketchup covered fingers with the fries because the fries so skinny and fucking terrible at being dipped.

The fucking TNA of food - the goddamned shoestring french fry.

• Like 5

Here in Idaho, we get fries right. We welcome you. You may have to learn a thing or two about fry sauce though. Fry sauce is what separates us from the godless heathens.

• Like 1

Fuck this shoestring fries business. If you serve shoestring fries, fuck yourself. It's the most miserable eating experience, because it should be awesome because fries, but it's not because your eating your own ketchup covered fingers with the fries because the fries so skinny and fucking terrible at being dipped.

The fries are the reason I avoid Steak n Shake.

• Like 1

Fry sauce....the dumbest, yet most delectable concoction ever. Some say it's roots are in Mormon cooking as you only really see it in Idaho and northern Utah. It's basically mayonnaise and ketchup (I'd say a 2 to 1 ratio) mixed up until it's smooth and pink. Some dip shits add pickle juice and other nonsense to "put a creative spin on it" but the extra acidity and overall evil that pickles bring to everything screws it up. It's good on burgers, killer with fries (hence the name) and a MUST for tater tots.

I take two big spoon fulls of mayo and put them in a small mixing bowl. Then, using the squirty type bottle, I squeeze just enough ketchup over the top to cover the surface of my mayo mountain. Then, I whip it with a fork until it's smooth.

I have shared this because A) I don't have a job and the Idaho tourism board should pay me for this shit and B) I will not rest until I am leading the the pack for "cuddliest poster 2014."

Ramsey, cuddly yesterday, cuddly today, cuddly forever...

• Like 2

Why not hold several at once?

• Like 1

That's obviously the only way to eat them, but you have to bunch them up and if you don't have a solid grip one tiny stupid half a match stick of a fry, covered in ketchup will fall out on your shirt. There's no winning with those fries. None.

I avoid Steak n Shake.

I FUCKING KNOW, RIGHT? How in the fuck can a place be called STEAK n Shake and not have STEAK FRIES. Indeed they have the exact opposite fry on the spectrum of fries. The fucking anti-matter fry. I want some gooddamn potatoes in my fries. I'd rather have 10 crinkle cut fries than a billion shoestrings.

I've never heard of fry sauce, but mayo/ketchup combo is pretty common. I wouldn't do it because I was pretty fat once and I ain't going back.

A French Fry should be as large and fluffy as a small throw pillow.

If they can manage to inject bacon into the cheese that they injected into the taco shells fragments that they've injected into my chicken wing...then they can make a real French Fry.

• Like 1

Fry sauce....the dumbest, yet most delectable concoction ever. Some say it's roots are in Mormon cooking as you only really see it in Idaho and northern Utah. It's basically mayonnaise and ketchup (I'd say a 2 to 1 ratio) mixed up until it's smooth and pink. Some dip shits add pickle juice and other nonsense to "put a creative spin on it" but the extra acidity and overall evil that pickles bring to everything screws it up. It's good on burgers, killer with fries (hence the name) and a MUST for tater tots.

I take two big spoon fulls of mayo and put them in a small mixing bowl. Then, using the squirty type bottle, I squeeze just enough ketchup over the top to cover the surface of my mayo mountain. Then, I whip it with a fork until it's smooth.

I have shared this because A) I don't have a job and the Idaho tourism board should pay me for this shit and B) I will not rest until I am leading the the pack for "cuddliest poster 2014."

Ramsey, cuddly yesterday, cuddly today, cuddly forever...

My love for the cuddly is being spread across the DVDVR universe.  I'm going to cry.  But first, I must dance in honor of this momentous moment in history--

38062-charlie-brown-happy-dance-gif.gif

• Like 1